PDA

View Full Version : If the NFL was dissolved and there was a re-draft, what would the top 5 look like?

MBisonSon
02-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Got this idea from another poster and it sounded like a good idea for a thread.

Anyways have at it guys I got some thinking to do, keep age in consideration as well.

sknot1454
02-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Rodgers, Watt, Luck, Tyron Smith, Gronk

Beliedat
02-09-2016, 01:46 PM
A Rodge (srs)
Von
JJ
Brady (srs)
Cam

waddupi
02-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Miller watt, cam, Norman and brown.

Reef58
02-09-2016, 01:49 PM
10 Quarter Backs

Maybe 32 straight QB's

Likely 10 of the best receivers

Then most impactful players

In the real world no one is going to use their first pick on a non skill position. Would you rather have Rogers and a good line backer, or Von Miller and Weeden as a QB. This is not fantasy football.

ChiBearsfan
02-09-2016, 01:49 PM
definitely no one from the bears

BorrachoDamor
02-09-2016, 01:50 PM
Brady
Watt
Miller
Luck
Rodgers

Twerk4it
02-09-2016, 02:03 PM
I see guys like Watt, Wilson/Cam/Rodgers/Luck, Gronk, Tyron Smith

Young guys who are the best at the most important positions that the league isn't so deeply talented with

Sema2015
02-09-2016, 02:05 PM
Lol at picking a player from a position other than QB.

cor030
02-09-2016, 02:46 PM
LOL at people thinking a non-QB would ever be taken even in the top 20.

A redraft would be:
Rodgers
Cam
Luck - I would personally swap Ben with Luck on this list, but because of this delusion in football that Luck is flawless I feel like he'd be taken top 5.
Wilson
Brady - this one is iffy because of his age but a team would definitely take the chance given he has shown zero signs of slowing down and has said he wants to play another decade.

Every single even remotely competent QB would be taken before even the best defensive players. First wave of guys would be the young & established star QB's. Second wave would be the franchise guys in their early/mid 30's that (probably) still have a good amount of time left, but are definitely approaching the back end of their careers. Third wave would be the younger, fairly recently drafted QB's that have shown potential but only have a year or two under their belt. Only then would you see teams start taking the elite defensive guys like Watt/Miller/Kuechly/etc.

What was Houston's record the year Watt put up that RIDICULOUS season where people were throwing his name in the MVP convo? lmao. Pls go. Maybe a team like Cleveland would grab a DL but no one is starting a franchise without a QB first.

Sema2015
02-09-2016, 02:59 PM
^No GM is taking Cam over Luck.

Lukic
02-09-2016, 03:01 PM
1. Rodgers
2. Wilson
3. Cam
4. Luck
5. Winston

Could put Carr in for Winston maybe. You could consider Ben and Brady up there but I think taking a QB like Winston with 15 years left as opposed to Brady and Ben who probably have 5 each at most is a good idea.

1st at each position:

RB - Gurley
WR - Beckham
TE - Gronk
LT - Smith
G - Martin
C - Frederick

DT/DE - Watt/Donald
Edge Rusher - Miller/Mack
LB - Kuechly
CB - Sherman
S - Thomas

headinahole
02-09-2016, 03:03 PM
To build a team?

Andrew Luck
Tyron Smith
Khalil Mack
Luke Kuechly
Gronk

IF not to build a team then you're just talking top 5 qb's and that's been beaten to death.

Lukic
02-09-2016, 03:05 PM
I always wondered why after the superbowl sports misc doesn't get 32 posters to start a fantasy draft like this and then have a vote on the teams in the forum and we give out prizes

SB win = 100,000 reps
SB Loss = 50,000 reps
Playoffs = 10,000 reps

Last in your division = mod neg

FakeRabona
02-09-2016, 03:19 PM
How the **** am I seeing multiple people say that they would draft Von Miller top 5?

Jesus Christ, sports misc gon sports misc.

1. Rodgers
2. Wilson
3. Cam
4. Luck
5. Winston

/thread.

MYOFIBRAH
02-09-2016, 03:24 PM
Romo
T. Smith
Bryant
Lee
Bailey

SRS

headinahole
02-09-2016, 03:25 PM
How the **** am I seeing multiple people say that they would draft Von Miller top 5?

Jesus Christ, sports misc gon sports misc.

/thread.

If not for D. Ware, Von Miller wouldn't be in the league right now, he saved his career.

Upshall18
02-09-2016, 03:33 PM
Lol at GOATwater not being in your top 5 even top 10 lists

notWilliam
02-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Five QBs, take your pick

Rodgers
Cam/RW/Luck

Fifth can be Big Ben/Brady/Brees, depends what youre looking for

iamgenus
02-09-2016, 04:59 PM
10 Quarter Backs

Maybe 32 straight QB's

Likely 10 of the best receivers

Then most impactful players

In the real world no one is going to use their first pick on a non skill position. Would you rather have Rogers and a good line backer, or Von Miller and Weeden as a QB. This is not fantasy football.

Von Miller made some really good QBs look really bad...but he's just one guy. Still pass rushers are second most important these days after QBs because they make it difficult on QBs to do their jobs.

PatThePatriot
02-09-2016, 05:12 PM
Lol if Von Miller isnt on your list.

cor030
02-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Lol if Von Miller isnt on your list.

enjoy making it to the Super Bowl with Jimmy Clausen because by the time you make it to your second pick that's the tier of QB's you will have to choose from.

BJohnny1988
02-09-2016, 05:21 PM
hit CTRL + F and typed in "Carr"

thank God somebody acknowledged em.

wifestealer
02-09-2016, 05:22 PM
rodgers
wilson
jj
gronk
luck
cam
OBJ
all the young QBs (mariota, bortles, winston, carr)
miller

don't know where to put brees/brady as they're retiring in 2-3 years. big ben/romo are too old & injury prone to be high on the list

N23
02-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Eli
Odell
DRC
Landon Collins
Ereck Flowers

Fahnestock
02-09-2016, 06:14 PM
I understand that an elite defense won this year with a WOAT-tier QB, but you aren't going to build a defense that dominant in a complete redraft. Also lol @ people taking an OT top 5. Because the Browns have been so dominant this past decade, LMAO. 1st 15-20 picks at least would be QB's, nobodies risking getting a trash tier QB so they can get a good linebacker.

phillyfreak7
02-09-2016, 06:32 PM
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Cam Newton
3. Russell Wilson
4. Tom Brady
5. Ben Roethlisberger

Dave P
02-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Yea it'd be at least 10 QB'S in a row, probably 15...before a single non QB was entertained.

headinahole
02-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Yea it'd be at least 10 QB'S in a row, probably 15...before a single non QB was entertained.

IMO there's five franchise qbs in the league right now, then everyone else.

Choke artist like Palmer/Ryan/Rivers can go fly a kite until late 1st round "fantasy land" draft.

wifestealer
02-09-2016, 08:07 PM

noone is picking teddy bridgewater and his company over GRONKOWSKI. 26 years old and already the best TE of all time. you can put him in with hoyer and a semi-decent WR corp and the dude will be throwing pro-bowl numbers

did you guys not watch the AFCCG? those 4th and long catches had nothing to do with brady's throw and everything to do with gronk being dominant.

Bloodrushtiger
02-09-2016, 08:32 PM
A Rodgers
Brady (doesn't matter if hes old he turn WR's into stood and goes to SB)
Cam
Luck
Watt

CurryTech777
02-09-2016, 09:22 PM
lol @ the idiots in this thread

danger russ
carr
luck
mariota
aarod (only cuz age)

implying ANY position is more important than a qb when you have no team is just inexplicably stupid

SeanFxxx
02-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Andrew Luck (over Rodgers strictly for age)
Aaron Rodgers
Cam Newton
Tom Brady
Russell Wilson

Then
Ben Roethlisberger
Joe Flacco
Philip Rivers
Jameis Winston
Derek Carr

Then
Eli Manning
Marcus Mariota
Blake Bortles
Andy Dalton

Then MAYBE Gronk or Watt

cor030
02-09-2016, 09:42 PM
noone is picking teddy bridgewater and his company over GRONKOWSKI. 26 years old and already the best TE of all time. you can put him in with hoyer and a semi-decent WR corp and the dude will be throwing pro-bowl numbers

did you guys not watch the AFCCG? those 4th and long catches had nothing to do with brady's throw and everything to do with gronk being dominant.

Um yes they are. You are dead ass wrong here.

Yeah you can build an absolutely stacked offense around a subpar QB and field a decent offense.. But you're putting yourself at a MASSIVE disadvantage from the get go. You're forgetting that to succeed offensively without a good QB you're going to need more than just one guy. So let's say you take Gronkowski with your first pick while every other team snags all of the good/great QB's. Round 2 rolls around and you are probably left with the career journeyman tier QB's (such as Hoyer, McCown, Fitzpatrick, etc.) and maybe some rookies/younger guys that haven't started (Garoppolo, Osweiler, maybe Marriota lasts but doubtful) or have very limited experience.

So now you have an either straight poverty or unproven guy at the most important position in football and Gronk. You've pigeonholed yourself into using all of your first picks on offense because Gronk alone isn't enough to carry a bottom tier QB. You are going to need another stud WR so Gronk isn't blanketed with 3+ guys every play. You are going to need a good running back so the defense can't just bring 4 every play and take out the passing game. You are going to need a top tier offensive line because again - sh*t tier QB's gonna sh*t tier QB. Dallas for example had a God-tier supporting cast last year with arguably the best receiver in football, one of the best OL's I've seen in a long while, great RB; the works. Stacked as fuark.. Well look what happened when Romo went down. Fukking dumpster fire of a season.

Meanwhile - all of those other teams that chose franchise QB's with their picks will start scooping up the elite pass rushers, OL, skill position guys, DB's, etc in the second round while you're forced to take some mediocre QB. So by the 3rd round those elite guys you are going to need for your poverty QB will be gone.

Cliffs:
- The great QB's can succeed with a limited offensive supporting cast.
- The mediocre QB's need to be smothered with top tier talent and even then they probably won't get very far.
- and I also forgot - if you go the stacked offense/meh QB route you will have to sacrifice your defense to get the pieces needed on offense to score more than 10 points per game.

rocketfish
02-09-2016, 09:58 PM
would have to skip out of tom brady because he wouldn't have belichick and his age and such.. assuming I am building my team for now and the future (decently young QB) and obviously im sitting in the top 5 pick for my team as well.

the league has got to go QB first

1. aaron rodgers
2. andrew luck
3. big ben
4. cam newton
5. maybe wilson but im not 100% sold, but i'd rank him above brees/brady/older qbs in this re-draft format

gottk2x
02-09-2016, 10:08 PM
lol @ the idiots in this thread

danger russ
carr
luck
mariota
aarod (only cuz age)

implying ANY position is more important than a qb when you have no team is just inexplicably stupid

lol @ carr and mariota top 5 in a re-draft

Assassin X
02-10-2016, 12:24 AM
Peyton then everyone else since he's fresh off a SB win

IawI
02-10-2016, 12:56 AM
Bortles
Wilson
Crab Legs
Erin
Luck

Newton falls because of character concerns.

srom12
02-10-2016, 01:39 AM
Fukin EL.MAO @ Luck being considered as a top 5 pick. Were you even watching or following the NFL last season. He sucks.

IawI
02-10-2016, 01:54 AM
Fukin EL.MAO @ Luck being considered as a top 5 pick. Were you even watching or following the NFL last season. He sucks.

Colts have the worst roster in the NFL breh. That's the team that traded a first round pick for Trent Richardson LMFAO. I hate the Colts, but I can recognize that Luck has a bunch of downies for teammates.

TheNextGOAT
02-10-2016, 04:18 AM
The top non-QBs would be

1.D.Johnson
2.Gronk
3.Luke
4.Mack/Watt/Miller

wickedman
02-10-2016, 04:46 AM
Rodgers
Luck
Cam
Wilson

After that point you are really boned with your pick, could see 20 different players going at the 5 spot. Would be Brady or Mack/Watt I imagine.