PDA

View Full Version : Carbs target?

Kamsta
01-31-2016, 09:30 AM
Hi,

So just a quick question, how important is it for me to get a right amount of carbs to hit everyday? So far I've been making sure I get my calories (currently bulking) and proteins right, but never really looked at carbs...

DGMan99
01-31-2016, 09:59 AM
Carb intake can vary and it depends on your tolerance and personal preference.

Fat and protein have minimum requirements, carbs don't. They can fill your remaining calorie allowance, after you've met your fat and protein needs, or the other macronutrients could be eaten in larger quantities instead.

Welshy2016
01-31-2016, 10:10 AM
I have the same problem. I have met requirements of fat and protein. but have alot of carbs and calories left. is it ok to go over fat and protein to acheive calories and carbs? Ive been looking at eating icecream and other junk for the boost in calories/carbs but not sure if this is appropriate?

Kamsta
01-31-2016, 10:27 AM
Carb intake can vary and it depends on your tolerance and personal preference.

Fat and protein have minimum requirements, carbs don't. They can fill your remaining calorie allowance, after you've met your fat and protein needs, or the other macronutrients could be eaten in larger quantities instead.

Okay, but haven't really be looking at fats either... So with fats there isn't really a maximum, assuming I don't go over my daily calorie intake, but there's a minimum?

mike33511
01-31-2016, 10:57 AM
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

-Eat a MINIMUM of 0.8g of protein per pound of body weight per day.
-Eat a MINIMUM of 0.45g of fat per pound of body weight per day.
-These are MINIMUMS. You can eat more if you desire. There is reason to believe that eating more than the minimum protein requirement can be beneficial.
-You can eat as many carbs as you want, provided you hit your protein and fat minimums and fit all your macros into your calorie allotment for the day.

DGMan99
01-31-2016, 11:18 AM
Okay, but haven't really be looking at fats either... So with fats there isn't really a maximum, assuming I don't go over my daily calorie intake, but there's a minimum?

The minimum is .4g/lb of Bodyweight or 1g per kg of Bodyweight.

Disclaimer: You *could* survive on less fat than this, but not for a sustainable period of time. For a photo shoot or competition, people in a diet will drop their fat intake because they need more voluminous foods.

However you need this amount of fat in your diet for your hormones to be healthy.

Kamsta
01-31-2016, 11:24 AM
Great, I will have to start taking that into account now then as well. Thanks a lot boys!