PDA

View Full Version : April 9th Comp Prep

Emew
01-25-2016, 04:31 PM
Alright so where to begin. I weighed 171 dry morning weight roughly 2 1/2 weeks ago. Knowing my comp was coming up in April, I started my 12 week cut. Previously caloric intake was roughly 3500 calories a day, mostly carbs/protein, little fats. I began doing 30 minute cardio sessions at a 120 bpm pace 2-3 days a week and maintained my usual 4 on 1 off schedule.

I immediately cut my calories to 3k calories for 1 week then down to 2500 the next, so a huge calorie cut but I had a little body fat on me. Overall my muscle density and strength is pretty similar to what I had before but the shocker is I dropped 7 lbs in those 2 weeks. I fear I may have cut too hard and don't want to botch my chances at the physique comp. I am currently debating bumping back up to 3k calories and slowing the process down to cutting 250 calories a week and watching the scale from there. My diet changed to being 40% protein, 25% carbs, 35% fats(Flax seed oil, natural PB, almonds/peanuts).

I could use any advice available on if I should re-carb up, increase calories, alter my diet, alter my workout schedule, include more/cut out more cardio. I don't want to come into the comp looking like Christian Bale in the Machinist, I don't massively fear strength/muscle loss as i'm going for physique and I may not compete for another 2 years. So far my abs are SLIGHTLY more defined, in the world of pale white guys it seems ab definition is hard to spot.

Thanks!

janaka1
01-28-2016, 12:14 PM
I'm no expert by any means but i did something similar at my first show prep this past fall. I dropped about 10lbs in two weeks and got shredded pretty quick. We added about 3-400cal back in to my diet for 3-4 weeks then went back to the plan. I believe we only really added almonds if I remember correctly, not carbs, and I held my weight pretty well. When I dropped the extra calories I continued to cut and went in peeled. Food for thought.