PDA

View Full Version : Are we just gonna pretend that the Jags don't have $75 mil in cap space...

IawI
01-20-2016, 01:10 PM
With no key players to retain? LMFAO RIP free agency

And that $75 mil is before we cut Beadles, Clemons, and Slowby Gerhbust, which will free up another $15 mil

http://overthecap.com/free-agency/jacksonville-jaguars/

http://ilarge.lisimg.com/image/6660131/740full-whitney-cowart.jpg

scottp75
01-20-2016, 01:14 PM
I think the Jags are going to be a force sooner than later. My wife is a huge Colts fan, and I have a feeling she will be hating Jacksonville with a passion in the near future.

And that cheerleader is enough to convert me.

drock2190
01-20-2016, 01:21 PM
The best way to build a team is through the draft not free agency.

And good luck on overpaying for players, until they start winning, players will only be going there for money.

JmanTheJuiceman
01-20-2016, 01:21 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165821911&highlight=iawi+bump+year

Howiester
01-20-2016, 01:23 PM
That could buy Bortles a nice hair transplant.

drock2190
01-20-2016, 01:25 PM
That could buy Bortles a nice hair transplant.

Or they could get more then 3 guys in their draft room.

Cig Diesel
01-20-2016, 01:29 PM
Maybe they can lure Peyton there after the donkeys betray him

Berts
01-20-2016, 01:29 PM
I really like your enthusiasm for Jax. I honestly respect you for that.

You have a decent QB to build off of for the future, lots of money to spend so grabbing a few key FA will be nice. I would not go hog wild in FA. Jax had arguable the best draft last year. I think the key to their success is a solid draft this year and let the team gel. Keep building from there. I hope they do well, I like seeing new teams start taking over and keeping the competition strong. They are heading in the right direction for sure.

Good luck this off season and can't wait for the Bortles and Teddy comparisons next year :)

cor030
01-20-2016, 01:32 PM
I for one can't wait to see what OP will be like when the Jags are actually competitive.

iamgenus
01-20-2016, 01:32 PM
They don't want to resign Blackmon?

CurryTech777
01-20-2016, 01:35 PM
They don't want to resign Blackmon?

why?

josh gordon will be available soon

Berts
01-20-2016, 01:36 PM
I for one can't wait to see what OP will be like when the Jags are actually competitive.

I can see 53 threads on all 53 guys breaking down how they compare to the rest of the league.

sammywatkins
01-20-2016, 01:39 PM
I can see 53 threads on all 53 guys breaking down how they compare to the rest of the league.
And if you don't think the jags are going 19-0 you're a hater

Thai_Clinch
01-20-2016, 01:44 PM
how did julius thomas workout this year ? that free agency monaayyyyyyy

op = troll consistency at its finest. doesnt matter if it's played out, stale, old, not funny, not interesting...he still tries.

IawI
01-20-2016, 02:32 PM
how did julius thomas workout this year ? that free agency monaayyyyyyy

op = troll consistency at its finest. doesnt matter if it's played out, stale, old, not funny, not interesting...he still tries.

Lmfao Julius had an amazing last half of the year. He's going to be a STAR next year now that he found his groove.

Also, 5'6". LMFAO. How's the weather down there, little guy?

Emidoody
01-20-2016, 04:30 PM
CEO of baldles checking in

cannonballdooky
01-20-2016, 05:56 PM
Rarely do great players become free agents, and if they do, I doubt they'd want to go to Jacksonville unless they pay out the azz. They are an up and coming team and will HAVE to spend some of that cap room, but not sure how it will work out.

They could buy a whole new secondary and pass rush. They have cheap stud WR's, a solid TE, cheap RB, cheap QB, eventually the D needs to do something.

r0bo
01-20-2016, 06:02 PM
You'll still be the worst in Florida lmao

IawI
01-20-2016, 06:15 PM
You'll still be the worst in Florida lmao

Crab Legs and Bortles will meet in a Superbowl one day

Bolz
01-20-2016, 06:16 PM

And good luck on overpaying for players, until they start winning, players will only be going there for money.

This. The only exceptions being bigtime WR's and bigtime QB's, those players can go anywhere and be successful. Can't think of any other big FA deals that have been successful off the top of my head. The best FA signings are the "middle of the pack" kind of guys used to fill positions of need.

IawI
01-20-2016, 06:17 PM
Rarely do great players become free agents, and if they do, I doubt they'd want to go to Jacksonville unless they pay out the azz. They are an up and coming team and will HAVE to spend some of that cap room, but not sure how it will work out.

They could buy a whole new secondary and pass rush. They have cheap stud WR's, a solid TE, cheap RB, cheap QB, eventually the D needs to do something.

Devin McCourtey was going to come to Jacksonville until Belicheck upped the offer to MORE than what the Jags were going to pay in order to keep him. Alex Mack wanted to come to Jacksonville, and signed the offer sheet making the Browns match the contract. Players want to come here breh. You'll see when we haul in all the superstar free agents this year.

ColdSteelToFace
01-20-2016, 06:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CT4G7HVWcAAq_Yd.jpg:large

IawI
01-20-2016, 06:21 PM

Keep pretending the Jags haven't built through the draft LMFAO.

Keep pretending like we aint finna frontload these contracts so we can retain our core players LMFAO

Keep pretending Checkdown Teddy won't be riding the bench within 2 years, while Bortles will be an MVP canidate leading the Jags to Superbowls LMFAO

HughBMyron
01-21-2016, 03:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/SQwySEd.gif

Lukic
01-21-2016, 03:19 AM
Looking forward to more deals like spending a combined 20 mil a year on Dan Skuta, Jeremy Parnell and Davon House.

Inb4 50 mil spent on Quintin Demps, Joseph Barksdale, Ramon Foster, Derrick Shelby, Cedric Thornton, O'Brien Schofield and Jeremy Lane