PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand bruce arian's thinking

bcop
01-16-2016, 08:32 PM
-why did he run a pass play before the two minute warning that just gave Aaron Rodgers more time?

-why did he call all of those timeouts on that last drive, which gave green bay time to get organized?

-why did he bring pressure on that last play, when your goal is to have as many defenders in the end zone as you can?

Twerk4it
01-16-2016, 08:34 PM
He played himself

GODLE
01-16-2016, 08:34 PM
Fitz and Floyd shoulda been in that damn hail mary.

waytoodeep03
01-16-2016, 08:35 PM
If they lose epic potato

MrStrange
01-16-2016, 08:36 PM
Playoffs expose potato coaching just as equally as potato plays. See KC game today.

bcop
01-16-2016, 08:37 PM
He played himself

more like he might have lost the game for his team.

I don't understand why he did this.

TaeBoNinja
01-16-2016, 08:41 PM
shut it, all of you

bcop
01-16-2016, 08:43 PM
shut up, all of you

no, we will not shut up.

good for the cardinals for winning, but if not for bruce arian's stupidity, there would not have been an overtime.

bcop
01-16-2016, 08:53 PM
congratulations on the win, but he should at least give an explanation for his decisions in the last 3 minutes of regulation.

dyee4613
01-16-2016, 08:55 PM
no, we will not shut up.

good for the cardinals for winning, but if not for bruce arian's stupidity, there would not have been an overtime.
I don't like the call there, especially considering the momentum, but I don't think it was as bad as you're making it sound. He trusted his offense in a 1vs1 with one of the GOAT playoff wide receivers. It's also unexpected so he has a better chance of getting it. If he fails, Rodgers has a little more time but still has to overcome giant odds.

InsanePain11
01-16-2016, 09:03 PM
It was a bad call. But he wanted to go for the jugular. Good thing they came up big in OT.

marcus142
01-16-2016, 09:05 PM
lack of experience maybe? 2 potato moves in final minutes

1. pass on 2nd down, gave packers extra 40 seconds
2. rushed 6-7 on final play of the game

bcop
01-16-2016, 09:06 PM
It was a bad call. But he wanted to go for the jugular. Good thing they came up big in OT.

Even if he (stupidly) wanted to go for the jugular, he should have run it again, reach the two unite warning, and then pass. That way Rodgers would have had less time. Why pass on second down?

What about all of those defensive time outs, or bringing pressure on the last play instead of packing the end zone?

bcop
01-16-2016, 09:07 PM
lack of experience maybe? 2 potato moves in final minutes

1. pass on 2nd down, gave packers extra 40 seconds
2. rushed 6-7 on final play of the game

Don't forget all of those defensive time outs on the last drive. Those did nothing but give green bay time to catch tier breath and organize.

FakeRabona
01-16-2016, 09:09 PM
LOL at trying to understand the mind of BA.

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride.

XterraRob
01-16-2016, 09:17 PM
LOL at trying to understand the mind of BA.

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride.

lmao love it

SteezeFactory
01-16-2016, 10:54 PM
It's annoying as fukk when it doesn't work but there's been an equal amount of games where a 'dumb' call like that seals the W. BA gonna BA, he lets his nuts hang 24/7.

WagerKing
01-17-2016, 12:40 AM
i loved the blitz on that hail mary td

the ball looked like it was being thrown to two cardinals but that lucky bs just happened

if he tipped it theres no chance of anyone catching it BECAUSE ITS ONLY ONE PACKER

IF YOU DONT BLITZ THERE COULD BE 3-4 PACKERS TRYING TO CATCH IT

Negged op for stupidity srs

MTCC
01-17-2016, 12:44 AM
-why did he run a pass play before the two minute warning that just gave Aaron Rodgers more time?

-why did he call all of those timeouts on that last drive, which gave green bay time to get organized?

-why did he bring pressure on that last play, when your goal is to have as many defenders in the end zone as you can?

I don't think any of those were horrible calls.

-Probably could've been slightly more conservative with the throw, but there was blatant pass interference on that play, and it could've locked the game.

-It's more important to be set defensively than offensively in that situation, especially when you're just going to launch a Hail Mary. He probably didn't have the personnel he wanted on the field, or wanted to make sure the defense was fresh for the last play so Rodgers didn't have a ton of time to get a good throw off

-He brought pressure so Rodgers would have to get rid of it faster and not be able to get a good throw off. Still would've had at least 2-3 db's on any receiver by the time the ball arrived.

Pretty crazy all of those calls seemingly worked against him.

yup89
01-17-2016, 12:56 AM

-too cute

-gave the cardinals time to get organized. usually the defense is in a tougher spot than the offense in a no huddle/hurry up

-get to the QB...force him to throw it earlier than he wants/hit/sack. Arod just has a mega cannon....still got the ball to the endzone...falling backwards.

Someone said it above....to not have fitzgerald in on those hail mary plays is insane...i know you wanna trust your DBs...im willing to bet if hes behind Janus. or hes that safety that came in late....that wont get caught.

Oinkerjnn
01-17-2016, 03:40 AM
You can always tell who actually might've played the game in these threads and who just watches too much espn.

The Two posts above pretty much nailed it.

Also the post a little higher up saying BA gonna BA. Dude is a ballsy coach simple as that and owns his decisions. He is a large part of the cardinals success.

Where are all the AZ brahs in here to defend their captain?

momason
01-17-2016, 05:02 AM

1. because they were averaging 2 yards per carry. If they run it on second down they go to the 2 minute warning facing a 3rd and 8, meaning they can throw the ball to get a first down and win the game or run the ball essentially making the lead 7 points while giving the ball to the Packers with 1:20 left. His reasoning was 40 seconds isn't that big of a deal and he wanted to catch the Packers by surprise. It was the right choice and as someone who understands probabilities I had no problem with it.

2. he called the timeouts because it's more important to get his team organized

3. they brought pressure because they didn't fear the Packers WR's but feared Aaron Rodgers, they didn't want to let him get off a clean throw. Considering the Packers had Janis, Abbredias and J.Jones on the field I can't argue with the play call. Terrible execution by the cornerbacks though, they shouldn't have let the only athletic WR out there get a clean look at the ball.

Brosnbroccoli
01-17-2016, 05:50 AM
You guys really defending BA for passing on the second down. It doesn't matter that they they've averaged 2ypc, you either run it or throw a screenpass. Anything to get the clock ticking. He played himself.
I don't see how calling a timeout/blitzing is bad. He should probably have had Larry and Floyd on the field, though you can't blame him for trusting his defensive players.

Lb54TG
01-17-2016, 08:41 AM
Momason pretty much has the right answer but I'll add to it.

Arians was looking for the knockout punch. A pass on 2nd down is better than a pass on 3rd down when teams were expecting it. Fitz had one on one coverage and a fade didn't have the chance to intercept. If you run 3 times and kick a FG then Rodgers still had time to tie the game - which he ultimately did. Sure he wouldn't have time that he ended up needed if Arians elected to run all three downs but the risk may have been worth it.

Sending a blitz on a long pass attempt is smart because it rushes the QB to get rid of the ball. Ideally Rodgers would get pressure and toss it up earlier. The ball would've been caught / or tipped around he 10-15 yard line. Which a tackle ends the game. However he is a wizard and bought himself more time to let us receivers reach the end zone and get off a good pass

Let's not forget it was Patrick Peterson that was there to defend too. Against Janis a WR who up to that point had 91 recieving yards for his career.

Luck of the Irish

iamgenus
01-17-2016, 08:56 AM
It's annoying as fukk when it doesn't work but there's been an equal amount of games where a 'dumb' call like that seals the W. BA gonna BA, he lets his nuts hang 24/7.

This. I love coaches who aren't afraid of taking the game. Guarantee you if someone was to crunch the numbers guys playing "soft" in these situations lose more often.

Coaches who are aggressive get the respect of their players and it makes the team better long term. Sometimes it bites you in the ass but it does more good than bad.

isp
01-17-2016, 10:08 AM
Sometimes you just decide to be a cheeky kent and go for the exclamation point. Urban did the same chit with Cardale Jones in the 2014 sugar bowl. When it doesn't work everyone says man that was a dumb playcall, but if it worked then everyone is mirin your big meaty clackers and how the game is basically over.

bcop
01-17-2016, 10:27 AM
This. I love coaches who aren't afraid of taking the game. Guarantee you if someone was to crunch the numbers guys playing "soft" in these situations lose more often.

Coaches who are aggressive get the respect of their players and it makes the team better long term. Sometimes it bites you in the ass but it does more good than bad.

There is a big difference between being aggressive and being stupid.