PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have trouble meeting macros on the weekend?

Mrc25
01-13-2016, 07:49 AM
Mon-Fri I am on point. I get into routine and its easy to meet macros but once the weekend rolls around I get caught up with hanging out with friends or sleeping in and it throws everything off. Thinking I might just up the calories during the week so I don't have to eat as much on the weekend.

Gxp23
01-13-2016, 07:50 AM
Or you could make wiser food choices to help you get those calories in.

SelfMotivated
01-13-2016, 07:57 AM
Mon-Fri I am on point. I get into routine and its easy to meet macros but once the weekend rolls around I get caught up with hanging out with friends or sleeping in and it throws everything off. Thinking I might just up the calories during the week so I don't have to eat as much on the weekend.

Honestly, you just have to figure it out.

Possibly eat a bigger breakfast, lunch, or dinner on the weekend. Personally, I would concentrate on proteins and fats before I hang out with friends because carbs are so easy to come by.

Mrc25
01-13-2016, 07:59 AM
I like to think I make decent food choices its just that bulking feels like a full time job. I like to go out and do stuff on the weekends so its just hard to get those calories in while I'm out. I don't want to just sit around the house all day eating. I recently started making casseroles and prepping my food more often so hopefully that will help with my dilemma.

Mrc25
01-13-2016, 08:01 AM
Honestly, you just have to figure it out.

Possibly eat a bigger breakfast, lunch, or dinner on the weekend. Personally, I would concentrate on proteins and fats before I hang out with friends because carbs are so easy to come by.

Yeah, thats probably what I'm going to have to start doing. Eat at least half my calories before noon.

SelfMotivated
01-13-2016, 08:04 AM
Yeah, thats probably what I'm going to have to start doing. Eat at least half my calories before noon.

Yep, I use to make protein pancakes on the weekend. Pretty easy and tasty way to get like 1000 calories in the morning.

Mrc25
01-13-2016, 08:06 AM
Yep, I use to make protein pancakes on the weekend. Pretty easy and tasty way to get like 1000 calories in the morning.

Do you have a recipe at hand?

DGMan99
01-13-2016, 08:09 AM
Are you ****ing kidding me?

I'm going to give you a crazy idea....

GO OUT TO A BURGER BAR OR ICE CREAM PARLOR WITH YOUR FRIENDS!

Woah! What a concept! You act like eating is hard, especially around your friends.

I eat too much on the weekends, so I adjust my calories during the week, because my friends don't give a **** about health or fitness and take me to some "junk" places and we grab pizza burgers and ice cream like its our job.

Cmon man, think.

desslok
01-13-2016, 08:11 AM
Why would i? I like to eat, and most of my meals contain some type of dead animal or dairy. So i go over my protein needs by default without thinking about it.

Gxp23
01-13-2016, 08:13 AM
I like to think I make decent food choices its just that bulking feels like a full time job. I like to go out and do stuff on the weekends so its just hard to get those calories in while I'm out. I don't want to just sit around the house all day eating. I recently started making casseroles and prepping my food more often so hopefully that will help with my dilemma.
This isnt rocket science.

SelfMotivated
01-13-2016, 08:22 AM
Do you have a recipe at hand?

I use a 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Easiest if you have a griddle. Also, adding Walden Farms pancake syrup is good too.

Base recipe (makes 6 - 8 pancakes):
3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
2 Scoops of protein
1 Tsp baking powder (needed to make them rise)
4 Tsp Sweetener (Stevia, Splenda, etc.)
1.5 Tsp Cinnamon

Mix the dry ingredients above in a bowl. Then add:

1 Egg
1/2 Milk (almond, cow, etc. doesn't matter)

Mix all ingredients unless you are adding additions (then mix after adding), such as below:

Optional Additions:
Banana Walnut Pancakes
Add 1 Banana (Mashed)
Add 1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Lemon Poppy Seed
Add 1/4 cup of poppy seeds
Add Zest from 1 - 2 lemons (I used 2)
Add lemon juice from the lemon(s)

Base Recipe Macros:
Protein: 69g
Fat: 11g
Carbs: 67g
Fiber: 15g
Calories: 637

Banana Walnut Macros:
Protein: 75g
Fat: 30g
Carbs: 125g
Fiber: 23g
Calories: 1064

Lemon Poppy Seed:
Protein: 86g
Fat: 24g
Carbs: 79g
Fiber: 23g
Calories: 876

blue9steel
01-13-2016, 09:09 AM
Thinking I might just up the calories during the week so I don't have to eat as much on the weekend.

Weird, I deliberately budget myself extra calories for the weekend since I have all that additional time when I'm not at work or school.

As several others have pointed out, a good breakfast should solve your problem.