PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Stress

Legless98
12-26-2015, 05:48 AM
Hello people!

So basically my parents can't afford for me to bulk, due to circumstances I can't be bothered to explain, which is fair enough. Times are tough. I have a lil' income due to my circumstances and I think I can afford to bulk on this. The thing is, I'm 17-years-old and have no clue how to provide for myself nor where to start. So I am struggling and would REALLY appreciate some solid advice.

I came across a website called MuscleFood and they sell chicken breasts, 5kg, for 25 or 20kg for 97 (trimmed, filleted blah blah). Is this cheap? I was thinking of buying breasts, oats, milk, eggs, fruit and bread. Cheap (ish) protein sources that will pull me through this headache. If anyone can recommend websites or advice about this then I would be so grateful.

This is the URL to the website's chicken breasts they sell: http://www.musclefood.com/meat/meat-chicken/chicken-breast-fillets-bulk.html

Thanks a lot.

Side note: I'm British.

gbullock32
12-26-2015, 05:56 AM
Price isn't bad for chicken breast; may be able to find thighs, or pork/beef for cheaper due to having more fat on those cuts though.

Legless98
12-26-2015, 07:22 AM
Price isn't bad for chicken breast; may be able to find thighs, or pork/beef for cheaper due to having more fat on those cuts though.
Good point. I was reading that purchasing cheaper fatty beef is better for a budget as it is obviously cheaper and contains fat which is more calories.

Thanks.

DGMan99
12-26-2015, 07:34 AM
Fattier cuts of meat as GBullock said, and peanut butter. Also, you don't need as much protein on a bulk as you do when cutting. Eat minimums and then fill the rest of your calories with rice/pasta; cheap as dirt and the gods of bulk food.

I've read that (and agree with) bulking is much cheaper than cutting. Due to the reason stated above.

magician27
12-26-2015, 07:40 AM
price sounds fine , protein/lb wise , cheapest meat will be chicken. if you want cheaper option, then go for plant based sources , like beans , nuts ,quinoa ,lentil etc.