PDA

View Full Version : Protein Pancakes

xkoz91x
12-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Looking to make some protein pancakes with Muscle Juice 2600. Ive gotten good results just making shakes in the past with it, but i'm looking to actually make it into a snack so it fills me up more and makes me less inclined to eat garbage food. Any ideas for a recipe?

ErikTheElectric
12-20-2015, 09:33 PM
I would just have a shake with some normal pancakes.

99% of protein pancake recipes taste like garbage.

jampottt
12-20-2015, 10:21 PM
I would just have a shake with some normal pancakes.

99% of protein pancake recipes taste like garbage.

^This.
I've found protein pancakes to be the exact same regardless of recipe. Always rubbery and dry.

ewolf2
12-21-2015, 03:44 AM
I actually don't mind protein pancakes, especially when I'm getting ready for a competition it helps to curb a lot of cravings. I use a recipe my coach gave me and I think it tastes pretty good.

2 scoop Whey Isolate protein +
4 egg whites
2 teaspoon baking powder
3-4 tbsp water
Stir and cook like a pancake
Top with 2 tbsp peanut butter

Jackal005
12-21-2015, 07:29 AM
I can't remember the exact recipe I used to use, but I remember the key ingredient being cottage cheese. Stops it from being dry like protein pancakes usually are.

bigswolelite
12-21-2015, 08:13 AM
I can't remember the exact recipe I used to use, but I remember the key ingredient being cottage cheese. Stops it from being dry like protein pancakes usually are.

My recipe includes cottage cheese. I go with the following. Add whatever you want to vary taste, texture, etc.

5 Eggs
1 Serving Oats
1 Serving Cottage Cheese

----------

You will have to play with the portions for consistency variance. I also use flavored instant oatmeal from time to time for flavor changes. Chocolate and butterscotch chips are great as well. Don't forget the pb and butter if you are bulking. I generally made them into waffles though, I like that shape better for some reason.

Now I'm hungry...

ErikTheElectric
12-21-2015, 09:35 AM
I actually don't mind protein pancakes, especially when I'm getting ready for a competition it helps to curb a lot of cravings. I use a recipe my coach gave me and I think it tastes pretty good.

2 scoop Whey Isolate protein +
4 egg whites
2 teaspoon baking powder
3-4 tbsp water
Stir and cook like a pancake
Top with 2 tbsp peanut butter

These are not pancakes.

GGGTeam
12-21-2015, 10:27 AM
Kodiak Cakes.

rhadam
12-21-2015, 10:46 AM
Looking to make some protein pancakes with Muscle Juice 2600. Ive gotten good results just making shakes in the past with it, but i'm looking to actually make it into a snack so it fills me up more and makes me less inclined to eat garbage food. Any ideas for a recipe?

Are you homeless? Why would you be eating food out of the garbage?

blue9steel
12-21-2015, 11:16 AM
Kodiak Cakes.

^This.

They even make a protein version pre-mixed for you. Prior to that I just added vanilla protein powder.

SOH11
12-21-2015, 05:32 PM
Kodiak Cakes + scoop of whey.

Ta-da! Delicious.