PDA

View Full Version : Help me do a big bulking diet

lightbutright
12-17-2015, 05:47 AM
Hey guys I still cant figure out how many cals and macros should i eat each day in order to gain a good amount of mucle mass. Last two months i was eating aroubd 3800 cals and I gained weight and my body fat dropped slightly as well (from 10.8 to 10.7).
Thing is, as a I mentioned in my previous nutrition thread, im a hungry motherf****r and ive heard people saying if you want to be big, you gotta eat even when you are not hungry. I can never satisfy myself, I could eat 800gr of grilled chicken breasts in one sitting... thats why im making a similar thread because i want to hear different opinions and the pros and cons of doing a huge bulk diet.
My stats are 1.88m and 80kg and activity level is sedentary but i train soccer twice a week (as goalie) and a match, and im doing ppl twice a week (because i love going 6days a week to the gym. Without streching and warming up the lifting lasts for 45min or slightly more, volume of sets per workout is around 22 sets) and my only cardio this winter is biking to the gym from my house (30min moderate biking a day).

Any suggestions on how much could i eat?

My diet consists of 5 meals.

Morning: 100gr Oats, fruits, 4 whole eggs, milk, sandwich, coffee

Post workout:
Rice and 2 big chicken breasts (425gr raw)

Lunch: big ass tuna sandwich and nuts

Another lunch: salad with lot of vegies and cottage cheese

Dinner: potatoes/brocoli/spinaches or/coliflower plus two filets of fish (200gr raw) or/beef

I use a lot of salt, olive oil and pepper when i cook btw.

I couldnt track how many cals i eat last weeks because i made some adjustments (increase the quantity of food), but i guess its over 4000 cals.

As of supplements i only take cratine on training days and multivitamine the days im busy and couldnt prepare a salad or if i ran out of fruits, etc. (Yep i know it shouldnt substitute but i guess its better than nothing) it happens like once or twice a week. And as of proteins shakes, i rather get my proteins from solid foods, thats why i also dont drink a lot of milk either.

So, specially to all the tall hungry guys with fast metabolism. How much cals do u think i can eat? Is it a good idea to eat until im not hungry?

dipatel13
12-17-2015, 05:53 AM
Those 2 months eating 3800 cals, how much weight did you gain?

Mooredb
12-17-2015, 05:54 AM
The golden rule of bulking is. You should be gaining .5lb -1lb a week. If you aren't you need to eat more until you start gaining weight. Increase 100 cals every 2 weeks in carbs until your weight starts going up. Also make sure you aren't blasting away at cardio either. Make sure you are tracking your calories as well, most people under estimate what they really are eating. Calculate what your TDEE is and start with a 10% surplus and go up from there if you aren't putting on weight. Lift heavy weights 4-6 rep range.
Hey guys I still cant figure out how many cals and macros should i eat each day in order to gain a good amount of mucle mass. Last two months i was eating aroubd 3800 cals and I gained weight and my body fat dropped slightly as well (from 10.8 to 10.7).
Thing is, as a I mentioned in my previous nutrition thread, im a hungry motherf****r and ive heard people saying if you want to be big, you gotta eat even when you are not hungry. I can never satisfy myself, I could eat 800gr of grilled chicken breasts in one sitting... thats why im making a similar thread because i want to hear different opinions and the pros and cons of doing a huge bulk diet.
My stats are 1.88m and 80kg and activity level is sedentary but i train soccer twice a week (as goalie) and a match, and im doing ppl twice a week (because i love going 6days a week to the gym. Without streching and warming up the lifting lasts for 45min or slightly more, volume of sets per workout is around 22 sets) and my only cardio this winter is biking to the gym from my house (30min moderate biking a day).

Any suggestions on how much could i eat?

My diet consists of 5 meals.

Morning: 100gr Oats, fruits, 4 whole eggs, milk, sandwich, coffee

Post workout:
Rice and 2 big chicken breasts (425gr raw)

Lunch: big ass tuna sandwich and nuts

Another lunch: salad with lot of vegies and cottage cheese

Dinner: potatoes/brocoli/spinaches or/coliflower plus two filets of fish (200gr raw) or/beef

I use a lot of salt, olive oil and pepper when i cook btw.

I couldnt track how many cals i eat last weeks because i made some adjustments (increase the quantity of food), but i guess its over 4000 cals.

As of supplements i only take cratine on training days and multivitamine the days im busy and couldnt prepare a salad or if i ran out of fruits, etc. (Yep i know it shouldnt substitute but i guess its better than nothing) it happens like once or twice a week. And as of proteins shakes, i rather get my proteins from solid foods, thats why i also dont drink a lot of milk either.

So, specially to all the tall hungry guys with fast metabolism. How much cals do u think i can eat? Is it a good idea to eat until im not hungry?

lightbutright
12-17-2015, 06:00 AM
I tracked only one month properly, starting with 77.7 and finishing with 79.5kg body fay 10.8 and 10.7 respectively

I do heavy weights on that range for compounds (bench, squat, deads, rows, militar press) and hypertrophy range for the rest.