PDA

View Full Version : Plateau Is Killing Me

danceswithfyre
12-11-2015, 10:51 AM
Alright, so I know this has been asked a billion times on this board, but I am going to do it again. I am plateau'd like a b@#%&.

Here is my mini story...

January of last year I weighed 305 lbs, I said **** this lifestyle and I hit the gym. In the last year I have been at the gym a minimum of 5 days a week, only missing 1 week total this year which was a vacation this summer. By end of July I hit 235 lbs. Huge success right?!

Then I came to a screeching halt. Since then I have not been able to break past 230. I bounce all over 230-239. So at that time I realized a couple things, I was letting my diet slip a little bit and I wasn't being the most productive. So tightened up my diet again and started the Shortcut to Size program. Now I started the program because I like how it looked on paper, but it was later pointed out to me that I was expecting to lose on a size program.... yep... so that was dumb. But I powered through it and made sure that I was getting in 3-4 solid days of HIIT training on top of the program and my diet. I was losing inches, very slowly but surely, however my weight wasn't budging. After that, I decided I enough is enough and I got very strict with my diet, to cheats, no extras, no nothing and at the same time I began the shortcut to shred program. I am about to start the last week of the program and my inches are pretty much the same, my weight is a few pounds heavier then when I started, and I am still plateau'd.

I dropped 70 lbs in 7 months and for the last 4 have been stuck... what am I missing? Or what should I do to mix it up? I am starting to feel myself lose motivation due to frustration and I am come too far for that.

Current Diet
Breakfast & Lunch: 6-8 ounces of protein, cup of veggies/fruit, cup of a complex carb.
Dinner: 6-8 ounces of protein, cup of veggies
Snack: Piece of fruit and/or cup of raw veggies
Minimal/No Seasoning, Sauces, etc.

Supplements
ON Preworkout
ON Whey
Fish Oil
CLA
Multivitamin

Jcart159
12-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Have you taken a look at the stickies?

Your post is riddled with misinformation. I would suggest brushing up the basics because you have got a lot to learn.

Calories are the determining factor of whether or not you are gaining or losing weight. You should begin to monitor your calories and macronutrients to ensure you are meeting both protein and fat minimums. You are free to fill remaining calories however you see fit.

You are doing a great job of eating plenty of veggies with your meals so I don't see micronutrient deficiencies being a problem but you shouldn't try and eat the same cookie cutter meals every day.

boo99
12-11-2015, 11:04 AM
there are no shortcuts to altering ones body comp, that program is sketchy by Stoppiani

Post current calories/macros

Mrpb
12-11-2015, 11:05 PM
1. If you're not losing weight you need to eat less calories.

2. The program you're on has you train body parts only once per week. That's far from optimal. Have a look at Fierce 5 Novice Routine.

3. Eating clean is NOT necessary. It will actually make it MORE likely you're going to binge.