PDA

View Full Version : Holy **** at Stephen A Smith's rant on Luke Walton/Mark Jackson

Day1086
12-04-2015, 12:37 AM
https://soundcloud.com/the-stephen-a-smith-show/stephen-a-says-mark-jackson-deserves-more-credit-for-the-warriors-2015-2016-early-season-success

how fuking delusional can you be, stephen A is racist as hell

BrotienShake
12-04-2015, 12:39 AM
Don't even need to listen to know its something about black vs white coaches. Like damn dude give it a rest

HankScorp1o
12-04-2015, 12:42 AM
Screamin A is so bizarre; on the one hand he is a nutcase with an extreme victim mentality who thinks anything/everything is racially motivated.

On the other hand, he posts stuff like this that makes me like him:

https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/stephen-a-smith-facebook.jpg

I just don't know what to be leaf anymore

Day1086
12-04-2015, 12:50 AM
Cliffs:

- Luke Walton doesn't deserve credit for being 20-0
- Neither does Kerr
- Mark Jackson deserves more credit than either of them
- Luke Walton is "golden boy" because he's white
- Mark Jackson can't get a job because he's black
- A lot of screaming

lmao at stephen A still giving the "golden boy" shiet when he said the same exact words about Kerr when he was hired and predicted the warriors regressing, just for them to go on to win 67 games and a championship, then start 20-0 the next season.

Meanwhile 51 wins and a dysfunctional locker room with Mjax

Emidoody
12-04-2015, 12:55 AM
Cliffs:

- Luke Walton doesn't deserve credit for being 20-0
- Neither does Kerr
- Mark Jackson deserves more credit than either of them
- Luke Walton is "golden boy" because he's white
- Mark Jackson can't get a job because he's black
- A lot of screaming

lmao at stephen A still giving the "golden boy" shiet when he said the same exact words when Kerr was hired and predicted the warriors regressing, just for them to go on to win 67 games and a championship, then start 20-0 the next season.

Meanwhile 51 wins and a dysfunctional locker room with MjaxWhy doesnt your brother post here anymore? #ravaged #whydoesntGEDballercheerfortheCELTICS

SompletelyCober
12-04-2015, 01:06 AM
lmaooo Mark Jackson is a wierdo sumbag religious nutjob and couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.

brb says Warriors barely need coaching to get to where they are

brb if they didn't have the system they're running right now trust that Steph and this team wouldn't look nearly as good. Look at the difference between the GSW and the Thunder right now....who by the way are more talented than GS.

Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Kanter, solid roleplayers.

LMFAO if you think Kerr and this system couldn't turn that team into champions. Obviously Steph is the best player in the league right now but you're gonna tell me he's the best player, a guy teams double team, all the focus is on him, and this fuker is out there STILL getting open shots and that has nothing to do with the system they run and with coaching.

http://cdn.niketalk.com/9/90/900694a4_takei-lol.gif

Spill512
12-04-2015, 01:09 AM
Screamin A is so bizarre; on the one hand he is a nutcase with an extreme victim mentality who thinks anything/everything is racially motivated.

On the other hand, he posts stuff like this that makes me like him:

https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/stephen-a-smith-facebook.jpg

I just don't know what to be leaf anymore

A guy from Boston likes it when Stephen A Smith criticizes black people, and doesn't like it when he criticizes white people.

SompletelyCober
12-04-2015, 01:29 AM
A guy from Boston likes it when Stephen A Smith criticizes black people, and doesn't like it when he criticizes white people.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-__YpqCAYEME/T7KiA_goVPI/AAAAAAAAAis/nWVwxnoWSUk/s1600/man+walks+on+moon+newspaper.jpg

Hardcore_D00d
12-04-2015, 01:44 AM
mark jackson cant get a hc job cuz he sucks. dude couldnt take the warriors to the next level, kerr came and instantly they became champs. kerr is basically the result of pop and phil producing a mutated super coach and luke walton is the new spawn of demon

Rebounds45
12-04-2015, 01:57 AM
How can anyone take what that guy says seriously? Why is he name dropping Billy Donovan and Fred Hoiberg? Brb white people aren't allowed to be NBA coaches before MJax.

and isn't Mark "Mr. Motivational Speaker" Jackson a locker room cancer ever since his playing days?

Brb trying to lead the bench players in Utah against John Stockton.

InsanePain11
12-04-2015, 02:05 AM
Stephen A is a tool and sounds so dumb and racist in this rant. Mark Jackson could not get it done. He did more preaching than coaching and could not get GS over the hump. He had plenty of chances. And he could have helped the teams issues by addressing his staffs poor performance and hiring better assistants, but he chose to ignore his shortcomings and he got canned for it. Had nothing to do with race, but everything to do with his teams underachieving.

Kerr brought in a new system and hired high level assistants, and you could quickly tell that GS was playing better basketball. And leave it to Stephen A to ridicule Luke Walton who has done a nice job keeping things going. Kerr is very much involved in the coaching still and is attending most practices.

Swept
12-04-2015, 02:07 AM
Yesterday he said the Hurricanes should of hired a black coach, and that Mark Richt hasn't accomplished anything to get him hired so fast LMAO

HankScorp1o
12-04-2015, 02:10 AM
A guy from Boston likes it when Stephen A Smith criticizes black people, and doesn't like it when he criticizes white people.LMFAO nice try, racist. Screamin' A didn't actually criticize any white people in that clip, that's just your own hatred coming out.

Swept
12-04-2015, 02:12 AM
How Stephen A got hired

http://i.imgur.com/beEPCNQ.jpg

criminal_manne
12-04-2015, 03:44 AM
Pretty ridiculous, how fast would ESPN fire someone if they were white and said the same about blacks?

lsiberian
12-04-2015, 04:17 AM
Pretty sure people are being ridiculous with the Mark Jackson criticism. Mark Jackson built the team up to a playoff level team with championship potential he's a great developer of talent, but kind of like Brooks he struggles with the X and Os. Kerr is one of the GOAT shooters who played and coached under Jackson and Popovich. He's a X and O's guy and you could always tell that when he announced. He was the guy they needed to take the next step. Mark Jackson would be a great choice for the Kings, Lakers or Pelicans IMO. He'd grow the young players and light a fire under them. Once he got them to the playoff level then you could replace him with a X and O's guy.

nvrstopworking
12-04-2015, 04:24 AM
Pretty sure people are being ridiculous with the Mark Jackson criticism. Mark Jackson built the team up to a playoff level team with championship potential he's a great developer of talent, but kind of like Brooks he struggles with the X and Os. Kerr is one of the GOAT shooters who played and coached under Jackson and Popovich. He's a X and O's guy and you could always tell that when he announced. He was the guy they needed to take the next step. Mark Jackson would be a great choice for the Kings, Lakers or Pelicans IMO. He'd grow the young players and light a fire under them. Once he got them to the playoff level then you could replace him with a X and O's guy.

I think that this is probably closest to the truth. Jackson may have never been a COTY candidate, but he's pretty far from being a complete potato (IMO). The Warriors scared the chit out of the Spurs and probably should have won that series if they didn't piss themselves in the final 5 minutes of every game.

It should also be noted that Green's development and Curry's "suddenly sturdy ankles" have a lot to do with GS's success as well.

AestheticNoz
12-04-2015, 04:33 AM
I only listen to the dude when he goes ham on Kevin Durant. This offseason he was advocating Tristian Thompson getting a near max deal whilst tearing the Cavs to pieces for giving Kevin Love (a multiple all star) a long term deal. We get it Stephen you dislike white people. If the situation was reversed Stephen A would be out on his ass and blacklisted (no pun intended) on every sports network in the country (bar the ones in Boston)

lsiberian
12-04-2015, 06:16 AM
I only listen to the dude when he goes ham on Kevin Durant. This offseason he was advocating Tristian Thompson getting a near max deal whilst tearing the Cavs to pieces for giving Kevin Love (a multiple all star) a long term deal. We get it Stephen you dislike white people. If the situation was reversed Stephen A would be out on his ass and blacklisted (no pun intended) on every sports network in the country (bar the ones in Boston)

White people basically own the league.

Misctify
12-04-2015, 06:28 AM
I don't understand how this fool still has a job.

Oh yeah, cause he's black and would claim racism if he was fired.

JewishSuperHero
12-04-2015, 07:08 AM
I don't understand how this fool still has a job.

Oh yeah, cause he's black and would claim racism if he was fired.

Why would ESPN fire him? People listen to him. People listen to him more when he says ridiculous things.

brobeansprah
12-04-2015, 07:27 AM
https://soundcloud.com/the-stephen-a-smith-show/stephen-a-says-mark-jackson-deserves-more-credit-for-the-warriors-2015-2016-early-season-success

how fuking delusional can you be, stephen A is racist as hell You don't listen to what society says? Only white people can be racist

BJohnny1988
12-04-2015, 08:25 AM
I find it funny how this cat is such a coon/ shucks and jives for white people and white people still think he's racist.

lmao.

Dave P
12-04-2015, 08:42 AM

Jackson was a nut job and a terrible coach man. He hired the worst fcking staff in the NBA. He was so paranoid that he banned everyone from giving interviews. He had a person secretly recording meetings because of some power struggle.

He was notorious for firing people that would question him (Scalabrine) and it sais alot that only one person on his ENTIRE STAFF has a job in the NBA at all right now.

Let that sink in...his hand picked staff can't get jobs because they are so bad.

Half the team hated his guts, Bogut was ready to demand a trade, and his preacher mamma there goes that man bullsht wore thin.

The story didn't get very detailed in the national media but Mark Jackson was a psycho.

BJohnny1988
12-04-2015, 08:53 AM
don't think it was fair to vilify him for his religious beliefs.

If you felt that way about his religious beliefs, it should have never leaked to Mark Jackson or to the media.

broboma2012
12-04-2015, 09:12 AM
could not listen past the first 30 seconds. this is most ridiculous premise i have heard. the dude is over a year separated from the job. did anyone say this about the first 3 peat bulls. did collins get credit for that?

1800_Cool_Guy
12-04-2015, 09:27 AM
In for later

Anbob
12-04-2015, 10:03 AM
Jackson was a nut job and a terrible coach man. He hired the worst fcking staff in the NBA. He was so paranoid that he banned everyone from giving interviews. He had a person secretly recording meetings because of some power struggle.

He was notorious for firing people that would question him (Scalabrine) and it sais alot that only one person on his ENTIRE STAFF has a job in the NBA at all right now.

Let that sink in...his hand picked staff can't get jobs because they are so bad.

Half the team hated his guts, Bogut was ready to demand a trade, and his preacher mamma there goes that man bullsht wore thin.

The story didn't get very detailed in the national media but Mark Jackson was a psycho.

^This. He also didn't get along with the majority of the people in the organization.

HankScorp1o
12-04-2015, 10:10 AM

The story didn't get very detailed in the national media but Mark Jackson was a psycho.I actually didn't know most of that, intredasting. And Mark's a good announcer, he should just stay there and not venture into coaching anymore.

FGCHENG
12-04-2015, 10:10 AM
There's one thing I've always wanted to ask Warriors fans.

WTF happened to the Warrior last season? Prior to the 2014-2015 NBA season, the Warriors were just an average playoff team in the Western Conference. They were Clippers-tier in terms of expectations in the postseason. No one expected them to beat the Spurs or OKC who were the 2 legitimate championship contending teams in the Western Conference. Everyone expected Warriors to make it to the 2nd round and lose to either OKC or Spurs. How did they all of a sudden became the team they are today, one of the greatest teams in NBA history. Was Mark Jackson really that bad? Because it all seemed to happen after Mark Jackson got fired, and Kerr took over. I'm still baffled by it. It can't all be play-calling. I guess the only reasonable explanation is that Steph Curry worked HARD on his game last summer, and it paid off exponentially.

broboma2012
12-04-2015, 10:11 AM
I think that this is probably closest to the truth. Jackson may have never been a COTY candidate, but he's pretty far from being a complete potato (IMO). The Warriors scared the chit out of the Spurs and probably should have won that series if they didn't piss themselves in the final 5 minutes of every game.

It should also be noted that Green's development and Curry's "suddenly sturdy ankles" have a lot to do with GS's success as well.

amazing that lebron stans can go on an on about how the warriors are the 'healthiest team ever' yet cite their injury woes as reason why they weren't contenders sooner. flawless

HoustonMiscer
12-04-2015, 10:15 AM
Lol Stephen A. Smith is racist as fuk.

sabonis224
12-04-2015, 10:17 AM
NBA is predominately a black sport. How does he think their is any sort of racism in the NBA at all hahaha what a joke

porcupinetree
12-04-2015, 10:19 AM
Ho
and isn't Mark "Mr. Motivational Speaker" Jackson a locker room cancer ever since his playing days?

Brb trying to lead the bench players in Utah against John Stockton.

Yep. Still amazes me that he tried to pull that.
Only a complete scumbag would try that.

It still angers me that the Jazz let him do that for a full season. They should have kicked him off the team immediately when found out.

mrvz
12-04-2015, 10:20 AM
How can people not realise Stephen A is paid to say these things. Yes he is probably a racist IRL but ESPN encourages him to keep talking about these topics. If ESPN had a problem with it they would put a stop to it. But it creates attention.

YesWayNoWeigh
12-04-2015, 10:21 AM
How Stephen A got hired

http://i.imgur.com/beEPCNQ.jpgi made that :o

porcupinetree
12-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Lol Stephen A. Smith is racist as fuk.

I wish ESPN would get rid of all these commentators that spend all day mouthing off about how smart they are and how stupid all the real athlestes and coaches are.

Did Screamin A ever even play the game?

This is why I haven't watched ESPN for over 5 years.
Sportscenter, not even once

Day1086
12-04-2015, 10:27 AM

WTF happened to the Warrior last season? Prior to the 2014-2015 NBA season, the Warriors were just an average playoff team in the Western Conference. They were Clippers-tier in terms of expectations in the postseason. No one expected them to beat the Spurs or OKC who were the 2 legitimate championship contending teams in the Western Conference. Everyone expected Warriors to make it to the 2nd round and lose to either OKC or Spurs. How did they all of a sudden became the team they are today, one of the greatest teams in NBA history. Was Mark Jackson really that bad? Because it all seemed to happen after Mark Jackson got fired, and Kerr took over. I'm still baffled by it. It can't all be play-calling. I guess the only reasonable explanation is that Steph Curry worked HARD on his game last summer, and it paid off exponentially.

The warriors starters (#FULLSQUAD) were already playing like the best unit in the NBA in 2013-14. The problem was that the team fell to absolute shambles when Curry wasn't carrying it. This was a mixture of both the lack of offensive system, and an absolutely horrible bench.

Speights was out of shape, Barnes was awful when being asked to create offense (legit people thought he had 0 trade value after 2014), and the backup point guard to start the season was tony douglas, who then got traded for jordan crawford and steve blake. It didn't help that Jackson hockey-subbed all 5 bench players into the game at once.

The warriors starters used to create 10+ point leads every game just for curry to go to the bench and by the time he came back they're down by 5.

The difference between those warriors and the 2014-15 warriors were:

1. Livingston and Barbosa. The lack of a legitimate backup point guard in 2014 was the team's biggest weakness. Just having above average backup point guards would've been enough to make that a 60 win team IMO, even with Jackson being a potato.

2. Speights suddenly in-shape and motivated. He didn't even look like an NBA player in 2014

3. The offensive system of ball movement minimizes the negative impact of when Curry isn't holding the ball constantly. Contrary to popular belief IMO, the warriors lack playmaking and struggle for anyone to create their own offense outside of Curry. But the ball movement and well designed plays allow just enough offense to be created to stay afloat without Curry dominating (when mixed with the elite defense of course, but the defense already existed under jackson).

3. Barnes playing within a system and with the starters allows him to have corner 3's created for him. Majority of his shots are now wide open corner 3's, instead of off the dribble midrange jumpers. He went from zero value to denying a near-max contract. Mark Jackson also had a weird obsession with "exploiting" mismatches, and Barnes was pretty bad at it. Shout out to Jermaine O'neal post-up iso's

4. Giving Draymond minutes. Despite Draymond already clearly being a more impactful player than Barnes in 2014, he was stuck on the bench and played significantly less minutes.

5. General improvement from curry/dray/klay, which would've likely occurred regardless of the coach. But I really think the bench issues were the bigger deal.

broboma2012
12-04-2015, 10:36 AM
Yep. Still amazes me that he tried to pull that.
Only a complete scumbag would try that.

It still angers me that the Jazz let him do that for a full season. They should have kicked him off the team immediately when found out.

not aware. please give me this juicy story

Day1086
12-04-2015, 10:43 AM
Some more amusing Jackson tidbits:

He considered coaching his part-time job, and being a minister his full-time job. He canceled practices to fly to his church in LA to preach. He instilled a cult-like religious locker room, and Bogut took exception as the only atheist on the team. This is why Jackson was throwing constant shade at Bogut such as when he claimed Bogut hurt himself in his sleep, and why Bogut has taken constant jabs at Jackson ever since he left.

Andrew Bogut on coach Steve Kerr: "Whenever you get a head coach who’s not full of himself, it makes a huge difference."
http://uproxx.com/dimemag/2015/05/andrew-bogut-says-its-nice-to-have-a-coach-whos-not-full-of-himself-mark-jackson-steve-kerr-warriors/

4aFcAFOapSE

Note: everytime Stephen A Smith talks about the warriors, he takes shots at "Andrew Bogus"

https://twitter.com/andrewbogut/status/464560003505201152

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2077463-andrew-bogut-calls-stephen-a-smith-a-wanker-over-andrew-bogus-nickname

"Stephen A. Smith: Ws "devoid of big man presence b/c Andrew Bogut continuously resembled Andrew Bogus as somebody who's a complete no-show."

"Stephen A. Smith on Andrew Bogut: "He can certainly defend but behind his back he is called the Tin Man for a reason. No heart." '

https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/463748841561264128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/463750186213187584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

interdasting that Bogut is also the only white guy on the warriors

sammywatkins
12-04-2015, 10:48 AM
not aware. please give me this juicy storyhttps://jazzbasketball.wordpress.com/2014/01/09/jazz-mythbusters-mark-jackson-vs-john-stocktons/

Just looked it up. But basically it seems like Jackson was trying to convince players on the Jazz that they would be better if he was the pg and he was doing all this politicking behind Sloan and stockton back. Turned half the team against stockton.

broboma2012
12-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Some more amusing Jackson tidbits:

He considered coaching his part-time job, and being a minister his full-time job. He canceled practices to fly to his church in LA to preach. He instilled a cult-like religious locker room, and Bogut took exception as the only atheist on the team. This is why Jackson was throwing constant shade at Bogut such as when he claimed Bogut hurt himself in his sleep, and why Bogut has taken constant jabs at Jackson ever since he left.

Andrew Bogut on coach Steve Kerr: "Whenever you get a head coach who’s not full of himself, it makes a huge difference."
http://uproxx.com/dimemag/2015/05/andrew-bogut-says-its-nice-to-have-a-coach-whos-not-full-of-himself-mark-jackson-steve-kerr-warriors/

4aFcAFOapSE

Note: everytime Stephen A Smith talks about the warriors, he takes shots at "Andrew Bogus"

https://twitter.com/andrewbogut/status/464560003505201152

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2077463-andrew-bogut-calls-stephen-a-smith-a-wanker-over-andrew-bogus-nickname

"Stephen A. Smith: Ws "devoid of big man presence b/c Andrew Bogut continuously resembled Andrew Bogus as somebody who's a complete no-show."

"Stephen A. Smith on Andrew Bogut: "He can certainly defend but behind his back he is called the Tin Man for a reason. No heart." '

https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/463748841561264128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/463750186213187584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

interdasting that Bogut is also the only white guy on the warriors

wow didn't realize it ran this deep. so not only does Stephan a discriminate based on race but also religious belief. must be nice to be able to operate with total impunity because you are black

broboma2012
12-04-2015, 11:04 AM
https://jazzbasketball.wordpress.com/2014/01/09/jazz-mythbusters-mark-jackson-vs-john-stocktons/

Just looked it up. But basically it seems like Jackson was trying to convince players on the Jazz that they would be better if he was the pg and he was doing all this politicking behind Sloan and stockton back. Turned half the team against stockton.

on spread right now but will get you later today. that is ridiculous. it true jackson is exact type of scum weasel i hate. he is the middle management kunt at every office. fuk that guy. look at him still using the very same political tactics but using espn and stephan a as a means to sway public opinion

broboma2012
12-04-2015, 11:08 AM
'In June of 2012, the then 47-year old Mark Jackson made headlines as victim of an extortion plot that revealed he had an extramarital affair with a 28-year old stripper in 2006.'

lol, why is this case with every single one of these hypocrites

Hardcore_D00d
12-04-2015, 11:23 AM

they had the talent but had stupid coaching. thats why when kerr came they were badass

sdballer5588
12-04-2015, 11:44 AM
amazing that lebron stans can go on an on about how the warriors are the 'healthiest team ever' yet cite their injury woes as reason why they weren't contenders sooner. flawless

What? In what universe is this hypocritical OR ironic? It's a statement of fact. You are so far in the wrong on this point it's honestly absurd to read your posts.

Injuries ARE a huge deal. Every single thing you just quoted is entirely consistent with what everyone has said. Injuries matter A FUK TON.

The 2014-15 warriors ARE absurdly healthy. Are you now thinking people are attributing that health outside of that season? Cuz no one is. You just keep quoting it hoping someone high fives you over discovering awkwardly, that we are entirely consistent in our belief that injuries = matter a lot.

Have you ever for even ONE SECOND wondered that maybe health coincides with success?

GodbeBryant
12-04-2015, 01:16 PM
How Stephen A got hired

http://i.imgur.com/beEPCNQ.jpg

fukkkinnnnngggg llllllmmmmmmaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

broboma2012
12-04-2015, 01:41 PM
What? In what universe is this hypocritical OR ironic? It's a statement of fact. You are so far in the wrong on this point it's honestly absurd to read your posts.

Injuries ARE a huge deal. Every single thing you just quoted is entirely consistent with what everyone has said. Injuries matter A FUK TON.

The 2014-15 warriors ARE absurdly healthy. Are you now thinking people are attributing that health outside of that season? Cuz no one is. You just keep quoting it hoping someone high fives you over discovering awkwardly, that we are entirely consistent in our belief that injuries = matter a lot.

Have you ever for even ONE SECOND wondered that maybe health coincides with success?

i know that health coincides with success. it is typically a hallmark of dynasties and championship teams yet all of the sudden it is a huge narrative? anyone who acts like this warriors team has not struggled through their own health issues is hilarious. it is not suddenly unfair that they had one healthy season. the contradiction is itt it is not coaching that was their problem as much as injury issues yet in others they are the healthiest team of all time. their actually is no consistency. it is just that injuries matter more when they happen to lebron. as a bulls fan i was constantly told this was an excuse, but when it happens to lebron's team? win 2 games, moral victories galore! and hypothetical championships for everyone!

sdballer5588
12-04-2015, 03:44 PM
i know that health coincides with success. it is typically a hallmark of dynasties and championship teams yet all of the sudden it is a huge narrative? anyone who acts like this warriors team has not struggled through their own health issues is hilarious. it is not suddenly unfair that they had one healthy season. the contradiction is itt it is not coaching that was their problem as much as injury issues yet in others they are the healthiest team of all time. their actually is no consistency. it is just that injuries matter more when they happen to lebron. as a bulls fan i was constantly told this was an excuse, but when it happens to lebron's team? win 2 games, moral victories galore! and hypothetical championships for everyone!

Injuries matter, period. Clearly when a better team is hurt the point means more, duh.

You are mixing 2 unrelated things. The warriors being fully healthy for the entire 2014-15 season does not mean they were healthy in 2013. That's not what anyone is saying, but you keep inserting it places it doesn't belong. It was simply an added qualifier to the problems they had under Jackson.

They had Jackson - Problem A
Bogut was hurt and Curry tweaked his ankle - Problem B

It was widely understood that Problem A was the real issue there, because even had Bogut and Curry been healthy, odds were substantially low that they would win much of anything due to Problem A.

broboma2012
12-04-2015, 03:47 PM
Injuries matter, period. Clearly when a better team is hurt the point means more, duh.

You are mixing 2 unrelated things. The warriors being fully healthy for the entire 2014-15 season does not mean they were healthy in 2013. That's not what anyone is saying, but you keep inserting it places it doesn't belong. It was simply an added qualifier to the problems they had under Jackson.

They had Jackson - Problem A
Bogut was hurt and Curry tweaked his ankle - Problem B

It was widely understood that Problem A was the real issue there, because even had Bogut and Curry been healthy, odds were substantially low that they would win much of anything due to Problem A.

that same exact logic applies to the cavs last year

LosBlancos215
12-04-2015, 04:07 PM
I guess we can credit Doug Collins for Jordan's success.

Gimme a break with this ****ing ****. Smith is about as racist as Al Sharpton.

sdballer5588
12-04-2015, 04:38 PM
that same exact logic applies to the cavs last year

Huh?

Injuries were the reason the Cavs struggled in the Finals. Literally zero other reasons.

The cavs were at the very least the most formidable team for the Warriors in 2015. The other situation referenced brought the warriors to AT BEST maybe a conference finalist, but even then probably not.

Vs the spurs the only health problem the Warriors had was Curry's twisted ankle, which he played on.
Vs the Clippers they were missing Bogut

Try not to confuse the two into one season. They are entirely different seasons and situations. The Cavs injury situation was entirely unique and shares ZERO parallels with what you are implying.

notWilliam
12-04-2015, 06:25 PM
The warriors starters (#FULLSQUAD) were already playing like the best unit in the NBA in 2013-14. The problem was that the team fell to absolute shambles when Curry wasn't carrying it. This was a mixture of both the lack of offensive system, and an absolutely horrible bench.

Speights was out of shape, Barnes was awful when being asked to create offense (legit people thought he had 0 trade value after 2014), and the backup point guard to start the season was tony douglas, who then got traded for jordan crawford and steve blake. It didn't help that Jackson hockey-subbed all 5 bench players into the game at once.

The warriors starters used to create 10+ point leads every game just for curry to go to the bench and by the time he came back they're down by 5.

The difference between those warriors and the 2014-15 warriors were:

1. Livingston and Barbosa. The lack of a legitimate backup point guard in 2014 was the team's biggest weakness. Just having above average backup point guards would've been enough to make that a 60 win team IMO, even with Jackson being a potato.

2. Speights suddenly in-shape and motivated. He didn't even look like an NBA player in 2014

3. The offensive system of ball movement minimizes the negative impact of when Curry isn't holding the ball constantly. Contrary to popular belief IMO, the warriors lack playmaking and struggle for anyone to create their own offense outside of Curry. But the ball movement and well designed plays allow just enough offense to be created to stay afloat without Curry dominating (when mixed with the elite defense of course, but the defense already existed under jackson).

3. Barnes playing within a system and with the starters allows him to have corner 3's created for him. Majority of his shots are now wide open corner 3's, instead of off the dribble midrange jumpers. He went from zero value to denying a near-max contract. Mark Jackson also had a weird obsession with "exploiting" mismatches, and Barnes was pretty bad at it. Shout out to Jermaine O'neal post-up iso's

4. Giving Draymond minutes. Despite Draymond already clearly being a more impactful player than Barnes in 2014, he was stuck on the bench and played significantly less minutes.

5. General improvement from curry/dray/klay, which would've likely occurred regardless of the coach. But I really think the bench issues were the bigger deal.

really helps when you have transcendent talent in Curry, draymond who can protect the rim and guard 1-5 at a nearelite level while making the right pass and popping out for 3s, a top 10 all time shooter in klay, and a top tier defender in iggy.
this team will never be replicated

broboma2012
12-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Huh?

Injuries were the reason the Cavs struggled in the Finals. Literally zero other reasons.

The cavs were at the very least the most formidable team for the Warriors in 2015. The other situation referenced brought the warriors to AT BEST maybe a conference finalist, but even then probably not.

Vs the spurs the only health problem the Warriors had was Curry's twisted ankle, which he played on.
Vs the Clippers they were missing Bogut

Try not to confuse the two into one season. They are entirely different seasons and situations. The Cavs injury situation was entirely unique and shares ZERO parallels with what you are implying.

problem A: the cavs were a worse team than the warriors
Problem B: they were injured

problem A being the real issue and even if they were healthy odds were substantially low that they win due to problem A

sdballer5588
12-04-2015, 07:18 PM
problem A: the cavs were a worse team than the warriors
Problem B: they were injured

problem A being the real issue and even if they were healthy odds were substantially low that they win due to problem A

Problem A is also entirely subjective but don't let objectivity get in your way buddy. You pretended to have some parallels and god dammit you wouldn't be you if you ever admitted you were wrong.

Way to go!

rSOzN0eihsE

broboma2012
12-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Problem A is also entirely subjective but don't let objectivity get in your way buddy. You pretended to have some parallels and god dammit you wouldn't be you if you ever admitted you were wrong.

Way to go!

[youtube]rSOzN0eih]

it really isn't subjective that the cavs were a worse team than the warriors last year. it was not a matter of opinion. by every measure the warriors were better.

SompletelyCober
12-04-2015, 07:24 PM

Way to go!

rSOzN0eihsE

Kardinal! Toronto!

9W6Jl3beOlY

sdballer5588
12-04-2015, 07:31 PM
it really isn't subjective that the cavs were a worse team than the warriors last year. it was not a matter of opinion. by every measure the warriors were better.

IT's very subjective to say that they had no chance vs a team they had only played once that season, and beat handily.

broboma2012
12-04-2015, 07:51 PM
IT's very subjective to say that they had no chance vs a team they had only played once that season, and beat handily.

never said that. said that the warriors were the better team. they were. that was the main problem for the cavs. and if that really is your case then what you said is equally subjective and therefore me saying the logic you were using applies to the warriors still stands

sdballer5588
12-04-2015, 08:13 PM
never said that. said that the warriors were the better team. they were. that was the main problem for the cavs. and if that really is your case then what you said is equally subjective and therefore me saying the logic you were using applies to the warriors still stands

No. The main problem was missing 2 of their best players. Lol this is literally arguing with an animal. You are just being purposely obtuse, there is no way you're actually this stupid. You've already realized you were wrong, but like I said you can't just admit it so now you're stuck in this endless loop.

Have a good one brah! See you in the next thread.

broboma2012
12-04-2015, 09:28 PM
No. The main problem was missing 2 of their best players. Lol this is literally arguing with an animal. You are just being purposely obtuse, there is no way you're actually this stupid. You've already realized you were wrong, but like I said you can't just admit it so now you're stuck in this endless loop.

Have a good one brah! See you in the next thread.

But you have already said elsewhere you think the cavs lose regardless so you are the one who actually agrees with me (their #1 problem being a worse team). Boom!

Day1086
12-04-2015, 11:42 PM
If brobama is ever around Boston like ballz I would be down as Fuk to mediate these discussions lulz

You guys just gotta meet and fuk out your differences

SompletelyCober
12-05-2015, 12:09 AM
So much sexual tension between these two.

http://cache.sharenxs.com/images/wz/cabc/ab/ab/ag/c-/grapefruit.gif

WileyKat
12-05-2015, 02:07 AM
That idiot Mark Jackson also pitted his players against each other. When Festus was injured and missed the majority of the season, Jackson openly told the team that he quit on them and was cheering against them in an effort just to make himself look good. The whole team confronted Festus in the locker room and the poor kid was in tears bewildered by the drama. Mark was such an a**hole thank god he's been let go.

ClutchAnalyst
12-05-2015, 07:23 AM
It's not exactly delusion when these guys know how rediculous they sound. Its just pre planned out. ESPN journalists and analysts are encouraged and trained to act like a bunch of wild animals

ballzofpeaze
12-05-2015, 11:54 AM
So much sexual tension between these two.

http://cache.sharenxs.com/images/wz/cabc/ab/ab/ag/c-/grapefruit.gif

I can imagine them sitting at a bar, sharing a bowl of chips. The two of them get into a heated argument, to the point where one pushes the othe'rs chair to create more distance between each other. The argument hits a climax where they are yelling at the top of their lungs. SD drops a long winded list of statistics that leaves Brobama with his jaw wide open. There's silence for a moment, their eyes interlock. SD inches closer, and Brobama aggressively comes together for a passionate kiss and embrace.

The sports misc. would never be the same again.

sdballer5588
12-05-2015, 12:29 PM
I can imagine them sitting at a bar, sharing a bowl of chips. The two of them get into a heated argument, to the point where one pushes the othe'rs chair to create more distance between each other. The argument hits a climax where they are yelling at the top of their lungs. SD drops a long winded list of statistics that leaves Brobama with his jaw wide open. There's silence for a moment, their eyes interlock. SD inches closer, and Brobama aggressively comes together for a passionate kiss and embrace.

If I were gay I could get a way better looking gay guy than broboma. Those chips are empty calories.

SompletelyCober
12-05-2015, 12:54 PM
If I were gay I could get a way better looking gay guy than broboma. Those chips are empty calories.

inb4 2 page argument about who could pull hotter guys if they were gay.

broboma2012
12-05-2015, 12:55 PM

You would be lucky to be sodimized by me. You can print that, bitch

GodbeBryant
12-05-2015, 02:09 PM

inb4 2 page argument about who could pull hotter guys if they were gay.

You would be lucky to be sodimized by me. You can print that, bitch

this is the sole reason why I sports misc.

sdballer5588
12-05-2015, 10:45 PM
this is the sole reason why I sports misc.

lol banned for being gay

ballzofpeaze
12-05-2015, 11:08 PM
lol banned for being gay

I am literally the most underrated sports miscer because all my posts are mobile and I'm also not a Kunt. Get around me guys.

sdballer5588
12-05-2015, 11:14 PM
I am literally the most underrated sports miscer because all my posts are mobile and I'm also not a Kunt. Get around me guys.

Been around you for years.

Baller is the real sports misc 10/10. Get around a legend.

nikeoneplatinum
12-06-2015, 04:00 AM
Don't question Stephen Naismith.