PDA

View Full Version : The NBA will never be the same

sn24
11-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Kobe's retirement will be more monumental than Lebron's, Duncan's, or any other current NBA player. I'm not even looking at it with a Lakers bias or trying to discredit any other player. I just honestly think he is the true icon of this generation's NBA. When we all look back on our childhoods and teenage years we'll think about Kobe putting up impossible fadeaway jumpers over 2 defenders, or hitting that game winner against Phoenix, or catching Lamar Odom's throw at the end of game 7 of the 2010 Finals. This **** sucks man. Even though we all knew it was coming, hearing Kobe confirm it makes it so much harder to accept

Reps to all my Laker fans out there

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/4jjeW8q491Q/maxresdefault.jpg

Slats7
11-29-2015, 06:26 PM
http://hiphopoverload.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/r2hj.png

sammywatkins
11-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Not even a lakers fan or even a kobe fan but this is a sad day. Kobe is basically the last of a dying breed. With a few exceptions there are so few players that play with real passion today

Emidoody
11-29-2015, 06:28 PM
I refuse to accept it. What is he going to do after does anybody know? Please don't be true. Please don't happen. Kobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no!!!!!

GodbeBryant
11-29-2015, 06:30 PM
lf3K-S9jDdY&ab_channel=kobebeans

BuckN20T
11-29-2015, 06:34 PM
He's been retired for a while now.

nvrstopworking
11-29-2015, 06:46 PM
Kobe's retirement will be more monumental than Lebron's, Duncan's, or any other current NBA player. I'm not even looking at it with a Lakers bias or trying to discredit any other player. I just honestly think he is the true icon of this generation's NBA. When we all look back on our childhoods and teenage years we'll think about Kobe putting up impossible fadeaway jumpers over 2 defenders, or hitting that game winner against Phoenix, or catching Lamar Odom's throw at the end of game 7 of the 2010 Finals. This **** sucks man. Even though we all knew it was coming, hearing Kobe confirm it makes it so much harder to accept

You sure about that?

Props to Kobe. He's had a great career. It's a shame that we never got to see him go against Wade or Lebron in a Finals series. Would have been pretty special.

sn24
11-29-2015, 06:48 PM
You sure about that?

Props to Kobe. He's had a great career. It's a shame that we never got to see him go against Wade or Lebron in a Finals series. Would have been pretty special.

Yes
I really believe that objectively, Kobe has been more influential for the NBA than any other player this generation.

nvrstopworking
11-29-2015, 06:51 PM
Yes
I really believe that objectively, Kobe has been more influential for the NBA than any other player this generation.

He's probably been the most marketable (and that says a lot given the rape case). Can't argue with that.

For me, I guess I just grew up seeing MJ basically do everything that Kobe has done over the past 20 years.... so it's lessened the awe somewhat.

Emidoody
11-29-2015, 06:51 PM
Yes
I really believe that objectively, Kobe has been more influential for the NBA than any other player this generation.What was your favorite kobe? Buzz cut kobe? bald kobe? afro kobe?

Vayne
11-29-2015, 06:53 PM
In 10 years every player now could be retire or out of the game and a new crop of players will take their place.

sn24
11-29-2015, 06:53 PM
What was your favorite kobe? Buzz cut kobe? bald kobe? afro kobe?

The Kobe who dropped 65 against Portland in March 2007

First Lakers game I ever went to. Man that was an amazing game. I still remember when he hit a half court shot but it didn't count lol

eod8989
11-29-2015, 07:02 PM
Kobe made me want to watch basketball back in 2005-2006 again when he was scoring 40,50,60 and 80 points every night. It is kind of sad to see one of the goat scorers the game has ever seen retiring man