PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of these breakfast macros?

johzzz
11-29-2015, 04:42 PM
Hi!
So far my breakfast macros were about 45g protein, 7g fat, 120g carbs. I'm following IIFYM and usually don't have trouble meeting my macros. However, I decided to arrange how I consume my macros during the day, especially pre and post workout meals.. and thought of checking what ideal breakfast macros would be.. so I found this article:

/fun/ask-the-muscle-prof-what-are-the-ideal-macros-for-my-breakfast.html

To sum it up: "To halt catabolism, maximize muscle anabolism, and improve fullness for the rest of the day, I recommend you take in roughly 30-40 grams of high quality protein at breakfast from sources such as eggs and dairy. A large egg and a 6 oz container of whole-milk yogurt both contain around 6-8 grams, so do the math. Furthermore, a low-to-moderate amount (<30 grams) of low-glycemic carbs, and a higher percentage fats (about 20 grams, or 40-45 percent of the total breakfast calories), seems like the perfect balance to encourage a lean, muscular body composition."

My protein is pretty much in check (although I think I should change the source since it's mostly casein at the moment), upping the fat makes sense too (although I usually try to avoid fat during the day and at the end of the day just have as much extra virgin olive oil as i need to fill what's missing - this way I can eat what I want during the day fat-wise).. but cutting carbs under 30g? This seems a bit weird..

What are your opinions? Mostly about the carbs, but you can share your ideas about the protein source and fat too..

Wish you all the best!

johzzz
12-13-2015, 06:03 PM
Anyone? :)

TheBulker
12-13-2015, 06:07 PM
Looks great!

PressingMatters
12-13-2015, 06:48 PM
If what you're doing now works for you to hit your macros then keep doing it. Nutrient timing is of pretty low importance in the scheme of things and there is little consensus in terms of carb consumption timing anyway.