PDA

View Full Version : Lol @ Rambo Ronjo silencing haters

sdballer5588
11-28-2015, 11:18 AM
Dude could average double digit assists to the sports misc and some people in here doubted his ability as a pg.

El oh fukkin el.

ballzofpeaze
11-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Dude could average double digit assists to the sports misc and some people in here doubted his ability as a pg.

El oh fukkin el.

I keep doubting his ability until he wins more games.

sdballer5588
11-28-2015, 11:25 AM
I keep doubting his ability until he wins more games.

In games Cousins has missed they are 1-6. The Rondo Cousins headcase connection is real. I had been saying it all along, they are both nuts and that they'd both go HAM with each others savant-like headcase abilities.

AceRok
11-28-2015, 11:30 AM
It'd be good for that fanbase and heck even the NBA if they make it into the playoffs.

ballzofpeaze
11-28-2015, 12:07 PM
In games Cousins has missed they are 1-6. The Rondo Cousins headcase connection is real. I had been saying it all along, they are both nuts and that they'd both go HAM with each others savant-like headcase abilities.

Don't know what that cousins stat proves. It's more of a reflection of how good cousins is rather than proving ramjo a great PG.

Yeah, they play well together but the kings are still well below .500. I can't name a team with an 'elite' PG that's sitting below .500.

MurkinSeason
11-28-2015, 12:08 PM
When you look up pure point guards he should be at the top. He does his job.

LAFAN808
11-28-2015, 12:12 PM
Don't know what that cousins stat proves. It's more of a reflection of how good cousins is rather than proving ramjo a great PG.

Yeah, they play well together but the kings are still well below .500. I can't name a team with an 'elite' PG that's sitting below .500.

Lakers

Lol

sdballer5588
11-28-2015, 12:14 PM

Chris Paul is 8-8. Quite the arbitrary line to draw when the 2nd best PG in the league is at .500.

Also does this apply to other positions? Anthony Davis was crowned best PF, his team is 4-12.

The Cousins stat is exactly what flips your "below 500" stat on it's ear in case you can't add. They are at the exact record of CP3 with Cousins, big shock, playing without the best center in the league hurts your record.

nvrstopworking
11-28-2015, 12:15 PM

Most teams with an "elite PG" have been together for a while now.... The Kings are still figuring chit out.

Dude is leading the league in assists in spite of the fact that some seem to think he's a D-league player. lol indeed.

ballzofpeaze
11-28-2015, 12:19 PM
Chris Paul is 8-8. Quite the arbitrary line to draw when the 2nd best PG in the league is at .500.

Also does this apply to other positions? Anthony Davis was crowned best PF, his team is 4-12.

The Cousins stat is exactly what flips your "below 500" stat on it's ear in case you can't add. They are at the exact record of CP3 with Cousins, big shock, playing without the best center in the league hurts your record.

Most teams with an "elite PG" have been together for a while now.... The Kings are still figuring chit out.

Dude is leading the league in assists in spite of the fact that some seem to think he's a D-league player. lol indeed.

Both valid points I guess. I think I just don't like the way he plays. I tend to think he overdribbles a lot and that irks me.

And I think the whole record thing does matter. We all know that the clippers will get it together and probably end up with at least 48 wins. Meanwhile, it wouldn't surprise me if the Kings end up coming 10-11th in the league and have another poverty draft pick.

BJohnny1988
11-28-2015, 12:22 PM
I like Rondo and never thought he was finished.

but wth was that with Carlisle?

sdballer5588
11-28-2015, 12:22 PM
Both valid points I guess. I think I just don't like the way he plays. I tend to think he overdribbles a lot and that irks me.

And I think the whole record thing does matter. We all know that the clippers will get it together and probably end up with at least 48 wins. Meanwhile, it wouldn't surprise me if the Kings end up coming 10-11th in the league and have another poverty draft pick.

I'm obviously being slightly sarcastic in my pumping up Rondo, I just think it's painfully obvious the dude is bar none the best passer in the NBA, seeing passing lanes no one but he can see, and now that he has an effective PnR partner, it's being showcased that even with a pretty broken jumper, Rondo is still SO GOOD at passing, that the PnR with him can't be stopped just by challenging him to shoot.

Of course we all know that certain teams are going to do better or worse blah blah, but tell me in all seriousness, do you think the Kings regardless of who plays PG have the same talent as other teams with elite PGs?

Not really. I'm not saying Rondo is better than any of them at anything other than passing and rebounding, just saying the rumors of his demise were greatly exaggerated.

sdballer5588
11-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Rondo is also disproving that he can't run an elite offense (11th in offensive efficiency despite Cousins missing 7 games, 10th in TS% and 7th in eFG%) or a fast offense (Kings current 2nd in pace in the NBA)

He is very good at orchestrating an offense, and is still a good defender and the leagues premier rebounder at the PG position, normally you could say this doesn't matter, but when Rondo himself gets a rebound he's allowed to initiate the offense immediately which actually helps his teams a TON.

YesWayNoWeigh
11-28-2015, 12:43 PM
He was always getting ast. He's still can't lead a team. Stats are almost identical to last year

NeoKantian
11-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Raymon Raydon is really stepping up his game.

sdballer5588
11-28-2015, 12:46 PM
He was always getting ast. He's still can't lead a team. Stats are almost identical to last year

12.8 11.2 7.6

last year he had

9.3 6.5 4.5

lol yeah man those stat lines are IDENTICAL

notWilliam
11-28-2015, 03:09 PM
hes great in semi trans. from what ive seen, but his ability to orchestrate above avg half court offense seems meh.

nvrstopworking
11-28-2015, 03:44 PM
I like Rondo and never thought he was finished.

but wth was that with Carlisle?

DAL went full retard bringing him there when they already had Ellis (who dominates the ball).

Now Ellis is in Indy (and looks like chit) and DAL is left with next to nothing. Too bad.... because a Rondo/Dirk tandem probably would have been pretty good.

BeastModeFTW
11-28-2015, 05:04 PM

so rondo has absolutely no impact on actually winning games of course we already knew that considering how the mavericks imploded with him last year and the celtics went off without him last year. rondo is a stat-padding ball stopper who doesn't actually help his team win games. the kings are a solid team with cousins regardless of rondo. look at how well they were playing last year before cousins went down and the team fired michael malone and brought in that potato ty corbin. kings with cousins are a solid team. kings without cousins are a bottom 3 team.

cliffs: rondo negative impact on actual team success
kings -3.0 net rating with rondo on the court. +9.8 with cousins. and +2.7 with Gay. also +7.1 with Ben Mclemore and +10.9 with WCS. so all the kings starters have a positive net rating besides rondo. hmmmm.

BeastModeFTW
11-28-2015, 05:09 PM
also phucking lol at the hypocrisy of OP when he was slamming westbrook all year last year because he was inefficent when rondo is one of the most inefficient players in the league. also kings have a much better net rating with rondo on the bench.

nvrstopworking
11-28-2015, 05:13 PM
also phucking lol at the hypocrisy of OP when he was slamming westbrook all year last year because he was inefficent when rondo is one of the most inefficient players in the league. also kings have a much better net rating with rondo on the bench.

47% shooter for his career.... 45% this season..... rarely takes more than 12 shots/gm..... "inefficient"..... wat?

BeastModeFTW
11-28-2015, 05:15 PM
47% shooter for his career.... 45% this season..... rarely takes more than 12 shots/gm..... "inefficient"..... wat?

47.1% TS is pathetic. phucking lol at using field goal%.

Noxema
11-28-2015, 05:25 PM
because a Rondo/Dirk tandem probably would have been pretty good.

F#ck. That.

Yours truly,
El Spur

broboma2012
11-28-2015, 05:30 PM
so rondo has absolutely no impact on actually winning games of course we already knew that considering how the mavericks imploded with him last year and the celtics went off without him last year. rondo is a stat-padding ball stopper who doesn't actually help his team win games. the kings are a solid team with cousins regardless of rondo. look at how well they were playing last year before cousins went down and the team fired michael malone and brought in that potato ty corbin. kings with cousins are a solid team. kings without cousins are a bottom 3 team.

kings -3.0 net rating with rondo on the court. +9.8 with cousins. and +2.7 with Gay. also +7.1 with Ben Mclemore and +10.9 with WCS. so all the kings starters have a positive net rating besides rondo. hmmmm.

Solid posts. cant really
Make a better case for empty stats than that

nvrstopworking
11-28-2015, 05:34 PM
47.1% TS is pathetic. phucking lol at using field goal%.

Rondo isn't a volume shooter. His job is to run the offense and create easy looks for teammates... which he DOES.... in addition to rebounding better than almost every other guard in the league.

LOL @ you using TS% to judge his worth.

If you want to talk about "empty stats" make a thread about CP3.

BeastModeFTW
11-28-2015, 05:35 PM
Rondo isn't a volume shooter. His job is to run the offense and create easy looks for teammates... which he DOES.... in addition to rebounding better than almost every other guard in the league.

every kings starter has a positive net rating besides rondo. the mavericks imploded with rondo last year and the celtics have taken off since trading him. what does that tell you?

broboma2012
11-28-2015, 05:38 PM

Rebounding from your pg... who cares? Cp3 is 10x the pg that rondo is,was, or will ever be.

YesWayNoWeigh
11-28-2015, 05:38 PM
12.8 11.2 7.6

last year he had

9.3 6.5 4.5

lol yeah man those stat lines are IDENTICALlook at his per 36. Obv he'll get more stats if he plays more mins.

nvrstopworking
11-28-2015, 05:39 PM
every kings starter has a positive net rating besides rondo. the mavericks imploded with rondo last year and the celtics have taken off since trading him. what does that tell you?

Man.... the Celtics must have been the greatest team ever assembled.... Just imagine... they went to the Finals in consecutive years, played the Lakers and Heat tough and won a title with the most overrated, useless team cancer PG the NBA has ever known....

Amazing isn't it?

Rebounding from your pg... who cares? Cp3 is 10x the pg that rondo is,was, or will ever be.

Can't win with one of the best supporting casts that a PG could ever ask for.... chokes time & time again.... sounds legit.

BeastModeFTW
11-28-2015, 05:44 PM
Man.... the Celtics must have been the greatest team ever assembled.... Just imagine... they went to the Finals in consecutive years, played the Lakers and Heat tough and won a title with the most overrated, useless team cancer PG the NBA has ever known....

Amazing isn't it?

Can't win with one of the best supporting casts that a PG could ever ask for.... chokes time & time again.... sounds legit.

I don't understand what rondo's play from 2008-2012 has to do with his play the last two years. that would be like me trying to prop Kobe now because of what he did during that same time period. its just ridiculous. rondo like kobe had significant injuries in 2013 and 2014 and obviously isn't the same guy he once was. rondo was great in 2012 but its 2015 right now. where rondo has slipped the most is defensively and his rebounding totals are actually indicative of that as they are propped up by rondo sagging off his man so he can stat-pad rebounds.

edit: the kings also play at the second fastest pace in the league and rondo has been playing heavy minutes so his raw numbers are inflated anyways. his per 36 numbers are very similar to where they were last year when he was on the Celtics.

broboma2012
11-28-2015, 05:45 PM

Amazing isn't it?

Rondo was at best a role player on those teams. They had three future hof players all playing together at the tail end of their primes. You detract from kobe's shaq rings yet he contributed roughly a million times more to those (last 2) than rondo did. The fact you are trying to argue that rondo is a better pg than cp3 has exposed you yet again. How can you possibly think that? Please tell me you don't

TexasMajor
11-28-2015, 05:47 PM
Rambo Ronjo.

Raymon Raydon.

Randy Rwandajo

lsiberian
11-28-2015, 05:52 PM
If Rondo goes back to beast mode and Cousins plays to his potential the Kings could live up to their name IMO. They won't beat the Warriors or Spurs, but they can definitely make the playoffs. FWIW it looks like the West is actually weaker than the East so far this season.

wickedman
11-28-2015, 05:55 PM
Ramone Ronaldo was always my favorite NBA player to watch, I lost faith last year but it's evident he was just still recovering from his injury.

notWilliam
11-28-2015, 06:47 PM

Amazing isn't it?

I guess having big baby davis as one of the first bigs off the bench is one of the best supporting casts.
k den.

4Adz4
11-28-2015, 06:57 PM
Rambo Ronjo

Raymon Raydon

Randy Rwandajo

Ramone Ronaldo

Ringo Rimjob packing more triple doubles than Big Smoke at a Cluckin Bell drive-thru and misc sports fans still say he's trash

lol just lol.

GodbeBryant
11-28-2015, 08:11 PM

Quoted for truth.

1800_Cool_Guy
11-28-2015, 08:12 PM
Um.

fleeceitout
11-28-2015, 08:47 PM

/thread.

JustBulk
11-28-2015, 09:07 PM
Anyone who thinks Rondo isn't a solid PG got to be out of their minds.

As for the rings he won with Celtics? Sure, in 2008 he got carried by Pierce, KG and Allen, but by 2010, he was as important as them, if not more important.

GodbeBryant
11-28-2015, 09:13 PM
Anyone who thinks Rondo isn't a solid PG got to be out of their minds.

As for the rings he won with Celtics? Sure, in 2008 he got carried by Pierce, KG and Allen, but by 2010, he was as important as them, if not more important.

that's why they lost in 2010. the big three had fallen off. rondo lead teams are equivalent to the captains of the titanic

JustBulk
11-28-2015, 09:18 PM
that's why they lost in 2010. the big three had fallen off. rondo lead teams are equivalent to the captains of the titanic

And they lasted 7 games against a Kobe Bryant-led Lakers. What a shame.

inb4 this thread becomes about Kobe.

fleeceitout
11-28-2015, 10:47 PM
Lol.

Sikhveins
11-28-2015, 10:50 PM

Wot

AceRok
11-28-2015, 11:55 PM

No, they lost because of Perkins.

SompletelyCober
11-29-2015, 01:02 AM

https://49.media.tumblr.com/b30e951cc688293950d7db80dfd83140/tumblr_mku6266ycG1s5ty3yo1_500.gif

FGCHENG
11-29-2015, 01:50 AM
Rondo scored 7 points on 30% shooting with 7 assists and 4 rebounds along with 3 turnovers against a real team

His team record is 6-12

Need I say more? Dude is still an average PG at best. He only seemed elite when he was with the Celtics because the Big 3 carried him.

nvrstopworking
11-29-2015, 06:23 AM
Rondo was at best a role player on those teams. They had three future hof players all playing together at the tail end of their primes. You detract from kobe's shaq rings yet he contributed roughly a million times more to those (last 2) than rondo did. The fact you are trying to argue that rondo is a better pg than cp3 has exposed you yet again. How can you possibly think that? Please tell me you don't

Because it's all about rings isn't it? Isn't that the mantra of every Kobetard out there?

Rondo = 1 ring

CPchoke = not even a Finals appearance

I guess having big baby davis as one of the first bigs off the bench is one of the best supporting casts.
k den.

Please don't tell me that you're trying to go this route.

Playing with a rebounding and shotblocking beast of a big man in DJ.

Playing with one of the best PFs in the game in Griffin.

Playing with a former 6th man award winner in JCraw.

Playing for one of the better coaches in the game (Doc).

How much more help does he need? Jesus....

They lost because Perkins got injured, you tool.

Rondo scored 7 points on 30% shooting with 7 assists and 4 rebounds along with 3 turnovers against a real team

His team record is 6-12

Need I say more? Dude is still an average PG at best. He only seemed elite when he was with the Celtics because the Big 3 carried him.

Funny that you waited until he FINALLY had a bad game lol..... where were you for the past 2 weeks or so when he was tearing it up?

broboma2012
11-29-2015, 06:37 AM
Because it's all about rings isn't it? Isn't that the mantra of every Kobetard out there?

So you hold yourself to the same logic and standards that Kobe stans do? A faction you claim is retarded. That makes sense. Also, many (including you) discredit Kobe for 3 of his rings because he was merely the 2nd best player on those teams (by a slim margin for 2), yet rondo gets full credit for being the 4th best player on the team? Again, makes sense.

Cp3 is 10x the pg that rondo is. This is not up for debate. Just admit you are box score watching (and doing it poorly at that).

nvrstopworking
11-29-2015, 07:33 AM
So you hold yourself to the same logic and standards that Kobe stans do? A faction you claim is retarded. That makes sense. Also, many (including you) discredit Kobe for 3 of his rings because he was merely the 2nd best player on those teams (by a slim margin for 2), yet rondo gets full credit for being the 4th best player on the team? Again, makes sense.

Cp3 is 10x the pg that rondo is. This is not up for debate. Just admit you are box score watching (and doing it poorly at that).

I've never asserted that Rondo was a primary star on those Celts teams that went to the Finals. I HAVE said that he was a capable PG and played his role well. Now if we're talking about post 2010 (and in that year TBH), Rondo was absolutely a star for BOS and has remained so since with the ball in his hands.

CP3 is undoubtedly the better overall player in terms of skills. His game doesn't have a real weakness. Unfortunately, he just can't get it done... no matter how "great" he is. Hell, at least Lebron has been to Finals a bunch of times and won 2 rings. He (Paul) is right up with Melo when it comes to "good players who haven't done chit in the post-season".

lulz @ boxscore watching. The guys that I like don't tend to fill up boxscores. Noah. Marion. Bosh. Nash. Rondo's the ONE guy who puts up gaudy stats at times... and it isn't even because he's shooting. It's because he's dominating every aspect of the game when he's out there. If I was into boxscores I'd be nuthugging Curry... Durant.... PG... Westbrook.... Kobe (in past years) and pretty much every other star that the Sports Misc is obsessed with because they put up big numbers lol.

broboma2012
11-29-2015, 07:55 AM
I've never asserted that Rondo was a primary star on those Celts teams that went to the Finals. I HAVE said that he was a capable PG and played his role well. Now if we're talking about post 2010 (and in that year TBH), Rondo was absolutely a star for BOS and has remained so since with the ball in his hands.

CP3 is undoubtedly the better overall player in terms of skills. His game doesn't have a real weakness. Unfortunately, he just can't get it done... no matter how "great" he is. Hell, at least Lebron has been to Finals a bunch of times and won 2 rings. He (Paul) is right up with Melo when it comes to "good players who haven't done chit in the post-season".

lulz @ boxscore watching. The guys that I like don't tend to fill up boxscores. Noah. Marion. Bosh. Nash. Rondo's the ONE guy who puts up gaudy stats at times... and it isn't even because he's shooting. It's because he's dominating every aspect of the game when he's out there. If I was into boxscores I'd be nuthugging Curry... Durant.... PG... Westbrook.... Kobe (in past years) and pretty much every other star that the Sports Misc is obsessed with because they put up big numbers lol.

Rondo dominating every aspect of the game? how about no, when you have a pg lacking one of the most fundamental aspects of the game (shooting, especially at the line).

I have legitimately NEVER seen you repping Noah, Marion, bosh, etc but I sure have seen you boost lebron so get the fuk outta here with that rationale. And Nash sure as shyt put up gaudy numbers. His shooting %'s were impeccable.

To even put rondo's name with Chris Paul's is laughable. Paul is the superior player in nearly every aspect and has had the burden of being the 1/1a player in every team he has played on. rondo has had a couple beast post season performances but when you stack his numbers against 'choker' Chris Paul they look pathetic. This because of the weight of expectations; expectations that are a result of one being a dramatically better player than the other

nvrstopworking
11-29-2015, 09:08 AM
Rondo dominating every aspect of the game? how about no, when you have a pg lacking one of the most fundamental aspects of the game (shooting, especially at the line).

I have legitimately NEVER seen you repping Noah, Marion, bosh, etc but I sure have seen you boost lebron so get the fuk outta here with that rationale. And Nash sure as shyt put up gaudy numbers. His shooting %'s were impeccable.

To even put rondo's name with Chris Paul's is laughable. Paul is the superior player in nearly every aspect and has had the burden of being the 1/1a player in every team he has played on. rondo has had a couple beast post season performances but when you stack his numbers against 'choker' Chris Paul they look pathetic. This because of the weight of expectations; expectations that are a result of one being a dramatically better player than the other

Have you seen PGs other than Rondo and Westbrook put up double digit rebounding numbers on the regular? Both are legitimate threats to triple-double... and that's rare from that position. VERY rare. If that's not "dominating the game from every aspect" then we just have very different definitions of the term.

If you haven't seen me boosting those players then you've been selectively reading (or you only enter Lebron threads). As a Bulls fan you should know very well that I've backed BOTH Pau and Noah numerous times, while your own fans have thrown them under the bus time & time again. When Bosh was first went to the Heat I was one of the few posters here who actually saw his value and what he brought to that team when most everyone else was lol'ing at the drop off in his production.

CP3 has the burden of playing with a PERFECT running mate for him. A Malone to his Stockton. A top 10 player.... so please STFU about how hard he has it.

broboma2012
11-29-2015, 09:35 AM
Have you seen PGs other than Rondo and Westbrook put up double digit rebounding numbers on the regular? Both are legitimate threats to triple-double... and that's rare from that position. VERY rare. If that's not "dominating the game from every aspect" then we just have very different definitions of the term.

So if you are pg who occasionally gets 10 rebounds that means you are 'dominating every aspect of the game'? I don't think so. Rondo's talent is so NOT well rounded it is hard to imagine you saying that. Having your pg shoot worse than shaq from the line kind of negates whatever you want to say about rebounding. The dude is a liability late in games for this reason. And his one dimensionalality on offense hurts his team mates as much as his passing helps

If you haven't seen me boosting those players then you've been selectively reading (or you only enter Lebron threads). As a Bulls fan you should know very well that I've backed BOTH Pau and Noah numerous times, while your own fans have thrown them under the bus time & time again. When Bosh was first went to the Heat I was one of the few posters here who actually saw his value and what he brought to that team when most everyone else was lol'ing at the drop off in his production.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here. But please don't act like you don't boost stat kings when you are frequently repping lebron. I don't even know why you consider this to be a knock.

CP3 has the burden of playing with a PERFECT running mate for him. A Malone to his Stockton. A top 10 player.... so please STFU about how hard he has it.

Right not like Paul has dominated on another team... Without griffin. Guve it a rest dude. You have no clue what you are talking about. Wanna talk about perfect team mates when rondo has played with kg, pierce, Allen, and now cousins? What a joke.

And where do I say it is so hard for cp3? I really question your reading comprehension. You consistently do this, it makes your posts REALLY hard to stomach. I was demonsrating while rondo can be considered 'clutch' and 'shows up in big games' for putting up WORSE numbers than Paul simply due to expectations. These expectations are there for a reason. That being Paul is a vastly superior pg and player.

fleeceitout
12-03-2015, 10:36 PM
Lol.

fleeceitout
12-04-2015, 12:26 AM
Awful quiet in here.

Where all my fellow Rondo stans at?

GOAT pg right hurr.