PDA

View Full Version : Jerry West said Draymond Green is a Top 10 Player

BJohnny1988
11-27-2015, 12:21 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/239977/Jerry-West-Draymond-Green-Has-Become-Top-10-Player-In-NBA

discuss.

Day1086
11-27-2015, 12:26 PM
Draymond is a very difficult player to rank individually because there is no way there aren't 10 players who you would take to build your team around as a #1 option, there's probably closer to 20+ players you'd choose for that.

But his impact in a very specific role on this warriors team may be up there.

He's an example of why I guess we should focus less on trying to rank players

ballzofpeaze
11-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Draymond is a very difficult player to rank individually because there is no way there aren't 10 players who you would take to build your team around as a #1 option, there's probably closer to 20+ players you'd choose for that.

Cliffs:

Yeah, he's a top 10 player.

ballzofpeaze
11-27-2015, 12:37 PM
nvmilua00ow

If Draymond 'big dik and the heartbeat' Green was on any team besides the Warriors, he'd be putting up stats that would rival prime Charles Barkley, but with better three point shooting percentages. In fact, Draymonds just like a prime Charles but he actually has a ring.

ThickMeat
11-27-2015, 01:08 PM
Lol is this a joke? Great role player not a star by any means

BryantVII
11-27-2015, 01:22 PM
Draymond is a player that fits well into GS's system. Is he close to being top 10? No.... Is he a superstar? No.... Does he do great things for GS? Yes.... Can he guard all 5 positions? Yes & No; Yes because he has shown the ability to do so at times but No because he has shown that he struggles to guard star players.

But I feel these players are better than Draymond: LeBron, Curry, Davis, Westbrook, KD, CP3, Griffin, Kawhi, Aldridge, Duncan, Wall, Kyrie, George, Drummond, Wade, Harden, Butler, Cousins, Love, Lillard, Bosh, Whiteside

svtballa
11-27-2015, 02:19 PM
If Draymond 'big dik and the heartbeat' Green was on any team besides the Warriors, he'd be putting up stats that would rival prime Charles Barkley, but with better three point shooting percentages. In fact, Draymonds just like a prime Charles but he actually has a ring.[/QUOTE]

One of Barkleys best seasons was 23/14.6/4.9assists/1.8STL/1.5BLKS...on 606EFG% I think green is great and could post good numbers. But he wouldnt touch Charles

notWilliam
11-27-2015, 02:19 PM

this lmfao

imagine a team that can play small but with these caveats:

a one in a generation star PG who demands a double team on picks 30 feet from basket + a great wing defender in Iggy + PF who can guard 1-5 and be the roll man that can make the right pass/drive or pop out for a +ev 3.
team complements each other so well

in terms of impact, DG might be close top 10. theres no other player that can play like him (maybe LBJ if you shrank his game).

Transcendent: Curry/KD/LBJ
Step Below: AD (not convinced), Harden, RWB
Elite: BG, CP3 (maybe still here?)
Step below: Kawhi/LMA/Love/George/others

Draymond fits in borderline elite on the W's. A tier or two below if you just placed him on a random team.
thats what separates the top 8 and others imo, theyd be great+ on almost every team.

Emidoody
11-27-2015, 02:29 PM
this lmfao

imagine a team that can play small but with these caveats:

a one in a generation star PG who demands a double team on picks 30 feet from basket + a great wing defender in Iggy + PF who can guard 1-5 and be the roll man that can make the right pass/drive or pop out for a +ev 3.
team complements each other so well

in terms of impact, DG might be close top 10. theres no other player that can play like him (maybe LBJ if you shrank his game).

Transcendent: Curry/KD/LBJ
Step Below: AD (not convinced), Harden, RWB
Elite: BG, CP3 (maybe still here?)
Step below: Kawhi/LMA/Love/George/others

Draymond fits in borderline elite on the W's. A tier or two below if you just placed him on a random team.
thats what separates the top 8 and others imo, theyd be great+ on almost every team.Wheres kobe?

sdballer5588
11-27-2015, 02:30 PM
Top 10 players according to this logic

Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
Draymond Green
Andrew Bogut
Harrison Barnes
Shaun Livingston
Leandro Barbosa
Marreese Speights
James Michael McAdoo

CUZ THEY'RE ALL ON THE BEST TEAM HAHA HERPDERP

Shortstop36
11-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Cliffs:

Yeah, he's a top 10 player.

yup.

That's how you can seperate the Steph Curry fans, from the GS Warrior fans

mngardne
11-27-2015, 04:09 PM
Talent level I wouldn't necessarily put him at top 10, unless speaking strictly about defense and rebounding.

Impact level he is easily top 10.

JimFromRaleigh1
11-27-2015, 04:11 PM
Talent level I wouldn't necessarily put him at top 10, unless speaking strictly about defense and rebounding.

Impact level he is easily top 10.

Well said.

CelticsFan7
11-27-2015, 04:18 PM
I don't compare across positions because that's just fukin stupid.

Draymond is the #2 PF behind Anthony Davis imo

BryantVII
11-27-2015, 04:34 PM
I don't compare across positions because that's just fukin stupid.

Draymond is the #2 PF behind Anthony Davis imo

Draymond is not better than George, Aldridge, Love, and Griffin.

CelticsFan7
11-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Draymond is not better than George, Aldridge, Love, and Griffin.

I don't consider George a true PF. Aldridge is right under Draymond or perhaps even tied. Love is overrated af. Griffin lacks versatility.

notWilliam
11-27-2015, 05:10 PM
I don't consider George a true PF. Aldridge is right under Draymond or perhaps even tied. Love is overrated af. Griffin lacks versatility.

how so?

BryantVII
11-27-2015, 05:23 PM

Draymond Green is not a true PF either but his position is PF and Paul George is better than him. Also how is Love overrated when has better stats and a better PER than Green? Griffin's stats and PER are way better than Green's also. Also how does Griffin lack versatility when he is a good rebounder, has a solid mid range jumper, is a very good passer, can score in the post, and can get to the basket fairly well?

BJohnny1988
11-27-2015, 06:05 PM
Also how does Griffin lack versatility when he is a good rebounder, has a solid mid range jumper, is a very good passer, can score in the post, and can get to the basket fairly well?
Because it's 2011 breh.

You didn't know?

Day1086
11-27-2015, 06:30 PM

Wrong about Blake, he's the best ballhandler and passer from the PF

notWilliam
11-27-2015, 06:33 PM
Wrong about Blake, he's the best ballhandler and passer from the PF

and the fact that hes such a threat in semi-transition off of DRbds like Draymond.

sdballer5588
11-27-2015, 06:36 PM
and the fact that hes such a threat in semi-transition off of DRbds like Draymond.

LeBron and Blake are in a league of their own in transition and in semi transition.

ctownballer04
11-27-2015, 06:37 PM
This is funny.

They'd be saying this about Wesley Matthews if you replaced him w/ Draymond.

Srs.

LeBron and Blake are in a league of their own in transition and in semi transition.

Tier 1:
LeBron, Blake, Plumlee

Tier 2:

ballzofpeaze
11-29-2015, 10:16 AM
Back to back trip dubs. The mans a b-b-b-b-ba-beaaaaast.