PDA

View Full Version : The day Rodgers vs. Brady died

4backcracks
11-26-2015, 10:16 PM
This has the same feel as Peyton losing last year to the Colts in the playoffs. This debate is now officially over.

Aaron Rodgers had a very good Super Bowl run, and he proved that he is definitely capable of winning when he was the #2 scoring defense in the league.

Outside of that year? He is 2-5 in the playoffs. One of those wins was a Wild Card game against Joe Webb's Vikings, the other was the Dez Bryant catch game.

Tom Brady hasn't gone 1-4 in a 5 game stretch since October of 2002. Tom Brady is resilient. Tom Brady is a leader. Erin Rodgers is not those things.

This debate isn't worth being had by adults of average or better intelligence any more. If Rodgers doesn't win the Super Bowl this year it is over.

Reps till I'm out.

sdballer5588
11-26-2015, 10:17 PM
Erin just aint that good.

hublife
11-26-2015, 11:10 PM
The only QB in the NFL who scares me when he's playing my team and has the ball in the final two minutes NOT named Tom Brady is Eli Manning. That's it. Rogers is charmin soft mentally just like Peyton. Eli is the only one you can look at besides Tom and KNOW he's going to rape your dreams.

HankScorp1o
11-26-2015, 11:13 PM
Rodgers is good when his receivers can get 10 feet of separation. Other than that, he's just the closeted cuck lapping up Chris Pine's leftovers

WrathOfPecan
11-27-2015, 01:20 AM
I'm a fan of Rodgers as a person since I saw him playing at Cal.

That said, I don't think he has an insatiable level of ambition that it takes to win multiple rings. I remember watching some interview (perhaps it was the 60 minutes one) and they spoke to Rodgers' mother. She said that before he won the SB his goal in life was to win the SB. Then after he won it he told her his goal in life was "to be the best man he could be."

Boom. Done. That was it. No more pulling that extra little bit out of every fiber of his very being to get a win. He was done being superhuman and wanted to be a balanced guy.

Balanced people don't win well beyond the statistical probabilities. They win according to their talent level and work ethic, but no more. That's where Rodgers and guys like Peypey are -- very talented but deficient in will to win. They can tell themselves that they still have friends and family if they lose, while the crazies don't give a chit about anything and they go on like machines. Look at all of the legendary coaches, and you'll see that they are typically imbalanced human beings when they're winning. If they decide to retire early enough, then they often gain a bit of humanity back.

With someone like Brady, he was still just as thirsty to win after the first SB as the second, and third and so on. Only problem is that Brady got married to that well-paid-but-ugly supermodel, and it killed his edge. He's still hungry but she's a parasite. Now when Brady needs to pull out a win, he doesn't have any reserve anymore, even if he still tries to will a win. I say this and I'm not even a Brady fan.

Oinkerjnn
11-27-2015, 03:42 AM
^^^^^
Great post. Agree with absolutely everything. Repped.

HoganIsGOAT
11-27-2015, 04:01 AM
I've been saying for two years on this forum. Most of you laughed until realizing I was right the whole time.

ToolTime2120
11-27-2015, 08:40 AM
Rodgers vs Brady has died.

At this point, Rodgers fans might as well just enjoy the ride. He became the quickest to get to 250 TDs last night, will make the HOF and will be up there with Marino, Elway, Brees, etc. However, with only 1 ring, most won't take him nearly as srs compared to the rest when it comes to GOAT status

HoustonMiscer
11-27-2015, 08:45 AM
Rodgers should leave GB and come to Houston srs the media here is beta and soft as fuk and they will suck his dink hard as fuk even if he doesn't get back to a conference championship

PatThePatriot
11-27-2015, 08:49 AM
I'm a fan of Rodgers as a person since I saw him playing at Cal.

That said, I don't think he has an insatiable level of ambition that it takes to win multiple rings. I remember watching some interview (perhaps it was the 60 minutes one) and they spoke to Rodgers' mother. She said that before he won the SB his goal in life was to win the SB. Then after he won it he told her his goal in life was "to be the best man he could be."

Boom. Done. That was it. No more pulling that extra little bit out of every fiber of his very being to get a win. He was done being superhuman and wanted to be a balanced guy.

Balanced people don't win well beyond the statistical probabilities. They win according to their talent level and work ethic, but no more. That's where Rodgers and guys like Peypey are -- very talented but deficient in will to win. They can tell themselves that they still have friends and family if they lose, while the crazies don't give a chit about anything and they go on like machines. Look at all of the legendary coaches, and you'll see that they are typically imbalanced human beings when they're winning. If they decide to retire early enough, then they often gain a bit of humanity back.

With someone like Brady, he was still just as thirsty to win after the first SB as the second, and third and so on. Only problem is that Brady got married to that well-paid-but-ugly supermodel, and it killed his edge. He's still hungry but she's a parasite. Now when Brady needs to pull out a win, he doesn't have any reserve anymore, even if he still tries to will a win I say this and I'm not even a Brady fan.

Wut?

BJohnny1988
11-27-2015, 09:04 AM
I'd like to see Rodgers get somebody like Gronk on his roster.

WrathOfPecan
11-27-2015, 09:43 AM
Wut?

Judging by your sig, you should know better about what constitutes a universally attractive woman.

Lets not pretend that this Giselle Bundchen standing next to Brady is even attractive. This pic is with her hair and makeup maxed out and she basically looks like a man with a wig and makeup. And yet during her term she made more money per year than any of the other Victoria's Secret models. She got paid extremely well.

http://newswalle.com/wp-content/uploads/1/1425/1425_1.jpg

And regarding Brady losing his edge, don't tell me the unmarried Brady from 2001-05 is the same as the Brady that lost twice to Eli and won this year's superbowl. You can still win a superbowl here and there with talent, a good team and great coaches, but it only happens if the stars ALSO align just right (it did for Brady last year). There's a very good correlation with Brady's edge going down after he started dating/married Giselle Bundchen, hence my original point that Brady still wants to win as much as before, but he has lost something intangible nonetheless.

Going back to the original topic, Rodgers could still win another superbowl because he is quite talented and works hard. But again, it take a chit ton of stupid luck and perfect circumstances to make it happen if you don't have that insane level of ambition and superhuman will that disappeared once Rodgers got his ring. Most likely that string of lottery-jackpot luck and perfect circumstances isn't going to happen for Rodgers, and he's going to end up a 1-ring HOF QB like Peyton.

IPoopStandingUp
11-27-2015, 10:06 AM
you're right, its dead.

so nobody is going to make any more threads about it now, right?

RIGHT?

HotCheetos
11-27-2015, 10:22 AM
lol, good thread Op