PDA

View Full Version : Has Kawhi surpassed KD as the best SF in the game?

fleeceitout
11-25-2015, 08:23 PM
Dude is balling right now.

HoustonMiscer
11-25-2015, 08:26 PM
Not yet OP maybe tomorrow

BeastModeFTW
11-25-2015, 08:38 PM
no. he's not even better then paul george either.

fleeceitout
11-25-2015, 09:18 PM
no. he's not even better then paul george either.

Nah, I'd take King Kawhi over PG. We're talking about a FMVP here who is leading his team to a 12-3 record in the mighty West. I'd put PG 3rd behind KD and KK tho.

speedyclaxton
11-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Legit argument for sure. Lebron is still heaps and bounds better than any SF in the league. KD has missed a full season but its pretty evident he hasnt lost a touch on O. Curry-Lebron-Durant are no doubt still are the top 3 most influential offensive player in the league.

The one thing that deteriorated is his defense. KD was a servicable defender pre injury just like Lebron and Curry but he looks like Harden 2.0 out there. Maybe with his injury hes trying to play on side now to apply less pressure on his foot..who knows.

Paul George is a pretty mainstream take. Its a reaction take for the most part. His defense has significantly deteriorated and It amazes me that the casual fan are so keen with old reputation that they they cant seem to realize defensive production.

Like Butler last year, George has significantly. fallen off defensively.

I kinda feel bad for Butler though. Hes legit the only player out there that isnt washed up. Really needs to play somewhere else. Jimmy's got the right attitude. Just not the right team.

Swept
11-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Andrew Wiggins>>>>>PG and Kawhi

speedyclaxton
11-25-2015, 09:25 PM
Nah, I'd take King Kawhi over PG. We're talking about a FMVP here who is leading his team to a 12-3 record in the mighty West. I'd put PG 3rd behind KD and KK tho.

Leave him alone. Beastmode is notorious for overreacting tbh..lol. He had a 40 point game yesterday so im sure thats the argument behind his take.

Like I said though George has experienced a significant drop off defensively. His "good" defense now is largely based of previous reputation.

You cant really blame him though. Indiana is filled with ****ty mediocre players and losers like monta ellis. George hill cant dribble so Paul George has to take responsibility in that end too..

Just an unfortuante situation.

fleeceitout
11-25-2015, 09:25 PM
Legit argument for sure. Lebron is still heaps and bounds better than any SF in the league.

Stopped reading there. Lebron isn't even in the conversation. The only thing that guy can do is turn opposing SF's into FMVP.

BeastModeFTW
11-25-2015, 09:34 PM
Leave him alone. Beastmode is notorious for overreacting tbh..lol. He had a 40 point game yesterday so im sure thats the argument behind his take.

Like I said though George has experienced a significant drop off defensively. His "good" defense now is largely based of previous reputation.

You cant really blame him though. Indiana is filled with ****ty mediocre players and losers like monta ellis. George hill cant dribble so Paul George has to take responsibility in that end too..

Just an unfortuante situation.

dude's been ballin all year. 26/8/5 on 59.7% TS for the season and leading the Pacers to a 9-5 record.

speedyclaxton
11-25-2015, 09:40 PM
dude's been ballin all year. 26/8/5 on 59.7% TS for the season and leading the Pacers to a 9-5 record.

Stop using TS..seriosuly. its a ****ty shooting percentage. Just check Harden..Efg is the real deal. You dont crown a guy after playing two great weeks, one mediocre week and two ****ty weeks to start the season. Thats what you would call a classic case of overreaction and recent memory bias.

His defense really struggled to start the season too..and still is. He is pretty much just playing offense right now. Its not a fault of his though since again..He is the best ball handler on the team. Hill is awful and ellis is a loser and makes terrible decisions.

BeastModeFTW
11-25-2015, 09:42 PM
Stop using TS..seriosuly. its a ****ty shooting percentage. Just check Harden..Efg is the real deal. You dont crown a guy after playing two great weeks, one mediocre week and two ****ty weeks to start the season. Thats what you would call a classic case of overreaction and recent memory bias.

true shooting is a much better metric. rewards guys for getting to the free throw line and making free throws as should be. like i said 26/8/5 on 60% TS and leading a very mediocre team to the 5th best record in the league is very impressive.

SompletelyCober
11-25-2015, 09:47 PM

http://rs1213.pbsrc.com/albums/cc468/PhilsLoverTNA/shottas2.gif~c200

Slats7
11-25-2015, 09:51 PM
No, he's not even number 2.

1.) Durant
2.) George
3.) Leonard

speedyclaxton
11-25-2015, 09:52 PM
true shooting is a much better metric. rewards guys for getting to the free throw line and making free throws as should be. like i said 26/8/5 on 60% TS and leading a very mediocre team to the 5th best record in the league is very impressive.

Does not take away the fact that hes defense has deteriorated and CJ miles is out of control right now..

Hes probably top 5 in MVP so far though with Blake struggling. Id put him above westbrook of he didnt start poorly.

speedyclaxton
11-25-2015, 09:55 PM
LbJ haters are unreal tbh. Lol...

The reality.

1. LBJ

2. KD--Kawhi

3. George.

AirJordanB
11-25-2015, 09:57 PM
Kawhy is he so overrated while averaging 21/8/2?

speedyclaxton
11-25-2015, 10:10 PM
Kawhy is he so overrated while averaging 21/8/2?

21 is probably 29 in spurs term.

Just look at aldridge who avergaed 24 last year and now hes at 16.

Its natural for any spurs player to averge less.

Tony was a top 5 mvp candidate and was in the argument for top pg at 21 iirc

AirJordanB
11-25-2015, 10:22 PM
21 is probably 29 in spurs term.

Just look at aldridge who avergaed 24 last year and now hes at 16.

Its natural for any spurs player to averge less.

Tony was a top 5 mvp candidate and was in the argument for top pg at 21 iirc

So if we're rating Kawhi on what he could be averaging, then he's still behind LeBron, KD and PG (in that order), based on what they could be averaging.

fleeceitout
11-26-2015, 12:54 AM
LbJ haters are unreal tbh. Lol...

The reality.

1. LBJ

2. KD--Kawhi

3. George.

Lol no. You've bought into the ESPN hype machine.

Both Kawhi and PG are comparable on offence and superior defenders and KD is a superior offensive player and comparable on defense.

There is nothing to support Lebron being better than any of those players.

nvrstopworking
11-26-2015, 07:27 AM
Lol no. You've bought into the ESPN hype machine.

Both Kawhi and PG are comparable on offence and superior defenders and KD is a superior offensive player and comparable on defense.

There is nothing to support Lebron being better than any of those players.

1. Superior career numbers

2. 4 MVPs

3. 2 rings

George hasn't even made a Finals appearance "in the weak East".... and he's better than Lebron?

Looks like someone else is buying into the hype machine.

kel_varnsen
11-26-2015, 09:15 AM
Lebron and Durant are the best, but I'd say Kawhi is in that next tier of players along with George and Butler(sf/sg).

speedyclaxton
11-26-2015, 09:21 AM
So if we're rating Kawhi on what he could be averaging, then he's still behind LeBron, KD and PG (in that order), based on what they could be averaging.

Wtf? Are you stupid?

cashinout
11-26-2015, 09:56 AM

yea bro, KD plays defense
okay.jpg

HigherStratus
11-26-2015, 09:58 AM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1836989/A9YSc5FCQAEhQTH.jpeg
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/6Up8pieku2qt_Hel8a1a0w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3NfbGVnbztxPTg1O3c9NjMw/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusncaabexperts/A9ZLMpYCAAMT_PF.jpg

HoustonMiscer
11-26-2015, 10:11 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1836989/A9YSc5FCQAEhQTH.jpeg
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/6Up8pieku2qt_Hel8a1a0w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3NfbGVnbztxPTg1O3c9NjMw/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusncaabexperts/A9ZLMpYCAAMT_PF.jpg

Sloots gonna sloot

yieldtonothing
11-26-2015, 10:14 AM
i don't even like lebron but some of you dickheads are delusional

EOSEIA
11-26-2015, 11:38 AM
Put Paul George in the Popovich system and I think he can challenge for being the best player in the world. Ship Kawhi to Indiana and he's just another good player.

Shortstop36
11-26-2015, 12:11 PM
it's hard to say it isn't paul george right now

speedyclaxton
11-26-2015, 12:19 PM
Put Paul George in the Popovich system and I think he can challenge for being the best player in the world. Ship Kawhi to Indiana and he's just another good player.

You are stupid. See Lamarcus

speedyclaxton
11-26-2015, 12:22 PM
it's hard to say it isn't paul george right now

Its pretty easy to say hes the 4th best SF. Id put a million dollars thts how things are.going to be by season end

nvrstopworking
11-26-2015, 12:41 PM
Its pretty easy to say hes the 4th best SF. Id put a million dollars thts how things are.going to be by season end

This. Lebron haters trying to curse PG again by overhyping him. Remember what happened last time?

broboma2012
11-26-2015, 01:05 PM
This. Lebron haters trying to curse PG again by overhyping him. Remember what happened last time?

Remember you hyping the raptors last year? 0 playoff wins later...

AestheticNoz
11-26-2015, 01:07 PM
I believe it's pronounced Kawow OP

HoustonMiscer
11-26-2015, 01:11 PM
I believe it's pronounced Kawow OP

It's like Hawaii except you replace the H with a K

nvrstopworking
11-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Remember you hyping the raptors last year? 0 playoff wins later...

Feel free to show me a post where I said they'd win a title.... or even go to the Finals. I was hoping for a 2nd round matchup at best.

LOL @ a Buls fan accusing any other fan base of overhyping their team.