PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Is Awful

BeastModeFTW
11-24-2015, 08:49 PM
he's an absolute embarrassment out there. bricks everything and can't even hit a layup. mind blown where I hear the lakers reporters say that he actually looks good in practice and training camp. speaks volumes about pathetic the rest of the guys are if they make a trash kobe look good in practice. dude is so bad out there that its like a miracle when one of his shots go in. at least last year he could do some things (was leading the league in scoring in November and put up 44 in 3 on the Warriors) but this year is a complete dumpster fire.

MurkinSeason
11-24-2015, 08:51 PM
Cut him some slack he's old. Plus you were on his ballsac before the season started. You trader.

BeastModeFTW
11-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Cut him some slack he's old. Plus you were on his ballsac before the season started. You trader.

kobe was a much better player last year. at least year he was capable of putting up triple doubles and going out there and putting up 30 points and even 40 points. he's fell off dramatically since last year. I have nothing but respect for what Kobe's done and he's my favorite player of all time but father time has taken his toll. it was a great run. buts its over now.

YWOC
11-24-2015, 08:53 PM
BeastmodeFTW has hit his breaking point

IsLifeRealLife
11-24-2015, 08:55 PM
thank you captain obvious

MrStrange
11-24-2015, 08:55 PM
At least kaepernick......

Eh nvm.

WafflesBrah
11-24-2015, 08:56 PM
lol didn't you used to defend him despite him putting up garbage stats? Now you're done with him? I forgot you're a Warriors fan.

BeastModeFTW
11-24-2015, 08:58 PM
lol didn't you used to defend him despite him putting up garbage stats? Now you're done with him? I forgot you're a Warriors fan.

like I said earlier Kobe of last year was a way better player. right now he has 0 lift and can't hit anything. I mean last year he put up 22/6/6.

drock2190
11-24-2015, 08:59 PM
Kobe needs to take notes from KG on how to play when your past your expiration date.

FGCHENG
11-24-2015, 09:14 PM
Kobe.. Paul Pierce, KG, Dirk, Tim Duncan :(

It's the end of an era brahs

This past 3 years has been a slow torturous death for us Kobe fans. Wonder how he would've end his career if he didn't tore his achilles. That was basically the beginning of the end considering he was at his 17th season at that point of his career.

Kobe should hang it up by the end of this season, and there needs to be a Kobe statue @ Staples Center before he retires in April.

BJohnny1988
11-24-2015, 09:15 PM
Wouldn't lump Kobe in with his contemporaries there. They're playing fine. He isn't.

As a guy who hates the Lakers, even I'm watching this game hoping for Kove to make a shot.
damn.

Spill512
11-24-2015, 09:19 PM

This past 3 years has been a slow torturous death for us Kobe fans. Wonder how he would've end his career if he didn't tore his achilles. That was basically the beginning of the end considering he was at his 17th season at that point of his career.

Kobe should hang it up by the end of this season, and there needs to be a Kobe statue @ Staples Center before he retires in April.

Dude would be averaging 26/6/6 still if he didn't rupture his achilles, fracture his knee, and tear his shoulder.

BieberFeverBrah
11-24-2015, 09:19 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/11/24/9790736/kobe-bryant-legacy-la-lakers-angry

waisoserious
11-24-2015, 09:22 PM
kobe retired in 2012. what r u talking about?

Slats7
11-24-2015, 09:23 PM
He's a professional brick layer.

Slats7
11-24-2015, 09:25 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/11/24/9790736/kobe-bryant-legacy-la-lakers-angry

Kobe is playing the same way and taking the same shots he always has. He’s never taken good shots, he just used to be able to make just enough of them to seem like they were good shots. He’s never been efficient, or a smart player. Commentators love to say "wow he makes the toughest shots!!" That’s because he insists on taking the toughest shots, while other greats look for ways to get the best shot, either for themselves or a teammate.

Kobe is fascinating from the standpoint of how reputation and narratives can build a players legend. Particularly when compared with how many fans view him and LeBron (because they are the two names that come up, hopefully not going to start that argument). Kobe won titles on stacked teams with Shaq as the most dominant player on earth and later with Pau, Artest and Bynum – He’s a winner with the fiercest desire to win ever seen. Lebron goes to Miami and wins two titles with Wade and Bosh – He couldn’t do it alone, he needed help Kobe has a lower career shooting percentage than LeBron on "clutch" shots (as defined by clock and score) – Kobe is the closer, Lebron is a choker

The "will to win" narrative has always been crazy overblown. If he really valued winning above all else, he would have made it work with Shaq and won a couple more titles together.

LordFarquaad69
11-24-2015, 09:32 PM
In to see clutchanalyst defend Kobe

MurkinSeason
11-24-2015, 09:33 PM
I think I'm gonna make an official thread for all the Laker fans that are converting to GS fans.

Spill512
11-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Kobe is playing the same way and taking the same shots he always has. He’s never taken good shots, he just used to be able to make just enough of them to seem like they were good shots. He’s never been efficient, or a smart player. Commentators love to say "wow he makes the toughest shots!!" That’s because he insists on taking the toughest shots, while other greats look for ways to get the best shot, either for themselves or a teammate.

Kobe is fascinating from the standpoint of how reputation and narratives can build a players legend. Particularly when compared with how many fans view him and LeBron (because they are the two names that come up, hopefully not going to start that argument). Kobe won titles on stacked teams with Shaq as the most dominant player on earth and later with Pau, Artest and Bynum – He’s a winner with the fiercest desire to win ever seen. Lebron goes to Miami and wins two titles with Wade and Bosh – He couldn’t do it alone, he needed help Kobe has a lower career shooting percentage than LeBron on "clutch" shots (as defined by clock and score) – Kobe is the closer, Lebron is a choker

The "will to win" narrative has always been crazy overblown. If he really valued winning above all else, he would have made it work with Shaq and won a couple more titles together.

2-4

Sikhveins
11-24-2015, 09:36 PM
5 > 2

2-4

1/15 tonight

arman24
11-24-2015, 09:39 PM
he's old as fuk coming off career ending injuries what else did you expect this season

yieldtonothing
11-24-2015, 09:39 PM
give him a break.
he's done and he knows it.
this is the farewell tour.

hopefully he has like 5 nights this season where he goes vintage kobe.

one of the all time greats. very interesting in the sense that you ether overrate or underrate him. i've never seen anyone properly rate kobe. not gonna start making lists but if you don't think he's in the discussion for top 10, you're a schmuck.

second best 2 guard ever. no discussion.

bobsapp
11-24-2015, 09:43 PM
Lol this fukn jabroni. Lets see how well you fuk your sister at the age of 37 with 20 years in the NBA and coming off some horrific injuries, let alone play in the NBA.

IH8RICE
11-24-2015, 09:48 PM

Traitor

Slats7
11-24-2015, 09:48 PM
5 > 2

Robert Horry (7) > Kobe Bryant (5)

waisoserious
11-24-2015, 09:52 PM

Derek Fisher > LeImGoingHome

MurkinSeason
11-24-2015, 09:53 PM
Traitor

Clearly he traded his Lakers fan card for a Warriors one. Dummy.

speedyclaxton
11-24-2015, 09:59 PM

Start cheering for Kawhi

IH8RICE
11-24-2015, 10:00 PM
Clearly he traded his Lakers fan card for a Warriors one. Dummy.

Traitor is the properly used word there. Please don't name call to disguise your fuc up.

MurkinSeason
11-24-2015, 10:02 PM
Traitor is the properly used word there. Please don't name call to disguise your fuc up.

Nope sorry brah

Daewoo_Lanos
11-24-2015, 10:40 PM
Dude would be averaging 26/6/6 still if he didn't rupture his achilles, fracture his knee, and tear his shoulder.

dude would be averaging 26/6/6 if he didn't abuse PEDs in his youth resulting in every random explosive injury you could think of that all miraculously healed in record time ... until his body had nothing left but rock bottom hormone levels from years of yoyo suppression that now makes it impossible for him to recover in time to play the next game.

kobe on test replacement would still average 25 per game @ 37, just like kobe on test "replacement" averaged 35 per game @ 27.

Spill512
11-24-2015, 10:46 PM
dude would be averaging 26/6/6 if he didn't abuse PEDs in his youth resulting in every random explosive injury you could think of that all miraculously healed in record time ... until his body had nothing left but rock bottom hormone levels from years of yoyo suppression that now makes it impossible for him to recover in time to play the next game.

kobe on test replacement would still average 25 per game @ 37, just like kobe on test "replacement" averaged 35 per game @ 27.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwK-SAvCYAAsv-L.jpg

Daewoo_Lanos
11-24-2015, 10:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwK-SAvCYAAsv-L.jpg

this is what defeat looks like.

IH8RICE
11-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Per Kobe

Kobe: "I could’ve scored 80 tonight. It wouldn’t have made a damn difference. We just have bigger problems."

FGCHENG
11-25-2015, 04:52 AM
Start cheering for Kawhi

Kawhi is currently my favorite player in the NBA. He was a star @ SDSU when I went there, but I had no idea he'd turn out the way he did (blossoming into a superstar). He's probably the best 2 way player in the league right now with Paul George.

Honestly I hate the Spurs, but I'm a huge fan of Kawhi and that's why I root for them whenever Kawhi plays well.

I also honestly believe Spurs are the only team in the NBA who can compete (but not beat) with the Warriors because of Kawhi's versatility on both ends of the floor. They did a number on the Warriors right before the postseason last year. Everyone else on the Spurs would get gassed by halftime though.

camaleom
11-25-2015, 05:06 AM
The problem with Kobe is Kobe mentality... in his mind he is still an elite player :(

lsiberian
11-25-2015, 05:42 AM
Kawhi is currently my favorite player in the NBA. He was a star @ SDSU when I went there, but I had no idea he'd turn out the way he did (blossoming into a superstar). He's probably the best 2 way player in the league right now with Paul George.

Honestly I hate the Spurs, but I'm a huge fan of Kawhi and that's why I root for them whenever Kawhi plays well.

I also honestly believe Spurs are the only team in the NBA who can compete (but not beat) with the Warriors because of Kawhi's versatility on both ends of the floor. They did a number on the Warriors right before the postseason last year. Everyone else on the Spurs would get gassed by halftime though.

I love me some Kawhi too, but the Spurs have a tall task if the Warriors stay healthy.

BJohnny1988
11-25-2015, 07:37 AM
lol at him saying they have bigger problems.

take some responsibility man, you're 37 years old.

antiwhitekn1ght
11-25-2015, 07:49 AM

except robert horry was a role player on the teams he was on LMFAO.

HayZues Christi
11-25-2015, 07:54 AM
. I mean last year he put up 22/6/6.

On 30% shooting.... chuckbe.

IH8RICE
11-25-2015, 07:55 AM
except robert horry was a role player on the teams he was on LMFAO.

That's the fuccing punch line red.

HayZues Christi
11-25-2015, 07:56 AM

Lol @ the irony of this post.

2 week vacation to Miami...

Emidoody
11-25-2015, 08:18 AM
That's the fuccing punch line red.do u want chip k gone?

wildchild11
11-25-2015, 08:34 AM
Tim Duncan > Kobrick

BJohnny1988
11-25-2015, 09:01 AM
Tim Duncan > Kobrick
More MVPs? check.
More Finals MVPs? check.
5 rings? check.
Game lasted longer on top of all of that? check.

waias15
11-25-2015, 09:04 AM
Tim Duncan > Kobrick

this and its not even close

YWOC
11-25-2015, 09:11 AM
It's like the Le2-4 gang realized LeBron will never be better than Kobe so now they have to turn to this Duncan>Kobe shiit like it's an actual insult or something

IsLifeRealLife
11-25-2015, 09:31 AM
It's like the Le2-4 gang realized LeBron will never be better than Kobe so now they have to turn to this Duncan>Kobe shiit like it's an actual insult or something

because Lebron > Kobe is already obvious to anyone who aren't cucks

BJohnny1988
11-25-2015, 09:55 AM
LeBron passed Kobe on the all time list in 2013 bruh.

People who aren't biased can recognize this.

Spill512
11-25-2015, 10:01 AM
Are 2-4 stans still trying to claim Lebron is higher up all time than Kobe.

lol. Give it up. It's over. He's done.

AirJordanB
11-25-2015, 10:04 AM

I know you're a Bulls fans who still thinks Derrick Rose is anything more than a role player in the NBA, so let me break it down for you so you understand, I'll hold your hand like a small child...

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqZrCTcCMAApnrp.jpg

Spill512
11-25-2015, 10:06 AM
I know you're a Bulls fans who still thinks Derrick Rose is anything more than a role player in the NBA, so let me break it down for you so you understand, I'll hold your hand like a small child...

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqZrCTcCMAApnrp.jpg

lol at the irony of this post.

This had nothing to do with what he said, if anything it affirms what he said about you 2-4 fans.

Xgamer791
11-25-2015, 10:18 AM
He is just trying to tighten up his bank account before he retires, I don't really expect him to be the kobe of Lakers past. Dude put in his work.

Daewoo_Lanos
11-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Lol @ the irony of this post.

2 week vacation to Miami...

Yea. Cavs doctors ordered him to go to a warmer climate for rehab.

Along with zero injuries typically consistent with PED abuse in a highly explosive sport.

... But d-rose on the other hand.. Fkn lol

YWOC
11-25-2015, 11:00 AM
lol at the irony of this post.

This had nothing to do with what he said, if anything it affirms what he said about you 2-4 fans.

lmao. These LeCucks literally top their own stupidity every single day. It's actually amazing

This whole LeBron>Kobe thing has to be the most elaborate troll job on the internet right now

4Adz4
11-25-2015, 11:14 AM
Some of you just clearly despise Kobe Bryant.

What the fuk do some of you expect when he's had 3 season ending (2 potential career ending) injuries in a row at 37 years old

The fact that he's still here is an achievement in itself, Kobe clearly realizes that this season is gonna be it for him (lol doe he has said alot recently if he gets the touch back he's taking a new contract, fukkin lol at the guy)

ClutchAnalyst
11-25-2015, 12:04 PM
yeah he's bricking like crazy alright but he's doing the best he cans in regards to his team

TotheDoubleR
11-25-2015, 12:20 PM
What'd you really expect? Kobe is old his body is giving up on him. Hard to play well especially in today's NBA at an advanced age. Kobe is a living legend basketball will be losing one of their greatest ever for sure. Don't know if I'll ever see another player put up the crazy performances in wild games or show the skill that he did. But that's life