PDA

View Full Version : Is the NFL product this year complete garbage or is it just me?

Dave P
11-24-2015, 01:24 PM
Seems like this year the level of play and competition is complete garbage all around the league. I'm not sure if its just me as a 49ers fan, since my season was over before the pre season, or if everyone pretty much agrees that this season has been one of the worst in recent memory.

Not trying to take away from what Cam/Brady are doing, but overall it seems like trash.

Thoughts?

Negatron617
11-24-2015, 01:29 PM
**** ton of injuries across the league and refs still fukking up eyday

packerfanfrommd
11-24-2015, 01:31 PM
Yup, a ton of injuries too big time players across the league cause of BS practice rules and flags on every play. Goodell is ruining the game.

Or maybe it's just cause I'm a Packers fan

buckeyenutz
11-24-2015, 01:33 PM
As others have said, a lot of injuries and aging players. The officiating has been abysmal this year too.

holtmcg
11-24-2015, 01:34 PM
It's been the worst season I've ever seen (srs).

MrStrange
11-24-2015, 01:34 PM
I just don't know how Roger still has his position.

KurtMussell
11-24-2015, 01:35 PM
Flags, refs, constant challenges, reviews, seemingly waaaay too much tv advertising breaks, still salty about the kickoffs being bumped up...

But I do like the extra point being moved back.

holtmcg
11-24-2015, 01:37 PM
I just don't know how Roger still has his position.Brings in a ton of $$$ for the owners.

The_Albatross
11-24-2015, 01:37 PM
there is a like one good team and then a bunch of crap. The QB play is just pathetic.

camaleom
11-24-2015, 01:38 PM
the amount of injuries is just stupid, plus the ref f zhit up every game is getting annoying as well.

sammywatkins
11-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Flags, refs, constant challenges, reviews, seemingly waaaay too much tv advertising breaks, still salty about the kickoffs being bumped up...

But I do like the extra point being moved back.
This. Plus college systems aren't preparing quarterbacks for the NFL game.

MrStrange
11-24-2015, 01:43 PM
Brings in a ton of $$$ for the owners.

You'd think there'd be an equally capable person in that regard who also appreciates the integrity of the game.

neighborr
11-24-2015, 01:46 PM
co-sign. This season sucks. And not just because my team blows.

Future24
11-24-2015, 01:47 PM
I feel like this topic is becoming a yearly trend.

lsiberian
11-24-2015, 01:50 PM
I actually agree. It remind me of the NBA Playoffs this year. Don't get me wrong I love the Cam Newton story and Brady being Brady again. But no Peyton, no Romo, Rodgers not himself, Brees stinking it up, Rivers stinking it up, Big Ben not himself, Even Flacco blows out his knee. Seattle and San Fran going into the toilet. Now Arizona is the only good team in their division.

Outside of Arizona, Carolina, Cincinatti and New England. Everyone else has been basically terrible.

holtmcg
11-24-2015, 01:50 PM
You'd think there'd be an equally capable person in that regard who also appreciates the integrity of the game.Of course there is, but the owners LOL @ integrity as long as it brings them money. They dgaf.

AreolaBorealis
11-24-2015, 01:51 PM
Injuries
Bad officiating
Sloppy offensive line play

rocketfish
11-24-2015, 01:52 PM
a lot of injuries this year, a lot of big time players injured as well/out for the season

the players associated CBA ruined mini camps, training camps, and week to week practices and it has been showing ever since they agreed to the new CBA.

its almost like every week theres a torn acl.

iamgenus
11-24-2015, 01:58 PM
It's quite possible that a 5 or 6 win team will be picking outside the top 10. When was the last time that happened?

Right now there are 7 teams with 3 wins or less

15 teams with 4 wins or less.

23 teams with 5 wins or less(though 5 win teams are .500 right now)

Or another way of saying it...there are currently 9 teams with winning records.

KurtMussell
11-24-2015, 02:01 PM
Oh, forgot London games.

http://i.imgur.com/lDrPpht.gif

SteezeFactory
11-24-2015, 02:03 PM
Definitely a lot more middle of the road teams and less great ones this season. But AZ looks like a definite contender for the NFC crown, so I don't care.

woody19
11-24-2015, 02:14 PM
This. Plus college systems aren't preparing quarterbacks for the NFL game.

qbs in 1995
Farvre
Scott Mitchell
Warren Moon
Jeff George
Elway
Jim Everett
Erik Kramer
Jeff blake
Troy Aikman
Steve Young
Drew Bledsoe
Dave Krieg
Steve Bono
Stan Humphries
Kerry Collins
Neil O' Donnell
Trent Dilfer
Gus Ferotte
Vinnie Testaverde
Rick Mirer
Boomer Esiason
Rodney Peete
Chris Chandler
Mark Brunelle
Jim Harbaugh
Jeff Hostetler

14 over 30yrs old

Phillip Rivers
Joe Flacco
Tom Brady
Matt Ryan
Blake Bortles
Eli Manning
Matt Stafford
Drew Brees
Kirk Cousins
Ryan Tannehill
Aaron Rodgers
Derek Carr
Carson Palmer
Sam Bradford
Alex Smith
Andy Dalton
Ryan Fitz
Peyton Manning
Jameis Winston
Cam Newton
Jay Cutler
Russell WIlson
Andrew Luck
Teddy Bridewater
Marcus Marriota
Nick Foles
Josh McCown
Blaine Gabbert
Brian Hoyer
Tyrod Taylor
Ben Roth
Tony Romo

16 over 30yrs old

BeastModeFTW
11-24-2015, 02:18 PM
nfl is trash like usual, nothing but a commercial fest. terrible product that people watch because of fantasy football, gambling, and the convenience that's only one game a week when everybody is home.

GrecoRoman
11-24-2015, 02:21 PM
**** ton of injuries across the league and refs still fukking up eyday

this

refs are ghey

sdballer5588
11-24-2015, 02:27 PM
Can someone go back and please quote this exact sentiment every single year for at least the past 5 years?

KurtMussell
11-24-2015, 02:29 PM
Can someone go back and please quote this exact sentiment every single year for at least the past 5 years?

Impossible, they were all deleted to make room for Lebron/Kobe threads.

LittleLexodus
11-24-2015, 02:41 PM

No.

TAWS6
11-24-2015, 03:33 PM
Its pretty funny when you can pretty much just pencil the Patriots in for the SB with all the injuries they have.

YWOC
11-24-2015, 04:18 PM
nfl is trash like usual, nothing but a commercial fest. terrible product that people watch because of fantasy football, gambling, and the convenience that's only one game a week when everybody is home.

this

Mac_xX
11-24-2015, 05:02 PM

If the NFL were to disappear off the face of the earth, only thing I would miss would be cheering for the Chiefs and fantasy football. Could not give a less of a f*ck about the product in general.

NeoKantian
11-24-2015, 05:03 PM
That's because some of the powerhouse teams from a year or two ago don't look that way, .e.g, Packers, Seahawks, 49ers, etc.

BroHusky
11-24-2015, 05:45 PM
100% agree, the product has slowly been getting worse, but this year has been the worst by far.

There are like 4 good teams (NE, CIN lol, CAR, and ???????)

Marronis
11-24-2015, 05:54 PM
100% agree, the product has slowly been getting worse, but this year has been the worst by far.

Arizona the 4th,

Vikings and packers are having a nice little battle

mp83
11-24-2015, 05:55 PM
They need new bookers. This season is too predictable, although Carolina has been a good surprise. Not quite NBA levels yet

headinahole
11-24-2015, 05:56 PM
I was having this conversation with my family Sunday during Thanksgiving.

It's trash, absolute trash. I haven't tuned into a Thursday or Monday night game in over two years.

Jw9thwonder
11-24-2015, 05:59 PM
the fact i gamble on it has been keeping me going because chip kelly's fat pale dick has effectively raped the team I loved watching.

moblife
11-24-2015, 06:01 PM
I'm a 9ers fan too bruh so I understand ya. I completely agree with you... I think the refs and goodell need to go. Football has so many rules now that not even the refs know them all. They all throw too many flags or throw flags and pick them up like well wtf did you see to make you throw the flag???? were you guessing? Not to mention for some stupid ass reason, the NFL seems to have the oldest referees of all time. They can't even keep up with the speed of the game and commonly trip over themselves or fall for no reason. It's a cringe worthy product now indeed.

78mikem
11-24-2015, 06:02 PM
Seems like this year the level of play and competition is complete garbage all around the league. I'm not sure if its just me as a 49ers fan, since my season was over before the pre season, or if everyone pretty much agrees that this season has been one of the worst in recent memory.

Not trying to take away from what Cam/Brady are doing, but overall it seems like trash.

Thoughts?
Last season was coined by some media outlets as the 'Worst season in memory'

This season is just as bad if not worse. There is a pattern......NFL is in decline

HoustonMiscer
11-24-2015, 06:19 PM
Write a letter to Roger Goodell about your frustrations. Surely he will read it

headinahole
11-24-2015, 06:25 PM
Last season was coined by some media outlets as the 'Worst season in memory'

This season is just as bad if not worse. There is a pattern......NFL is in decline

Increased Thursday night games
CBA that granted next to zero practice time
NFL putting stupid limits on what can/can't be used in recovery (once again cba)

Basically the NFLPA bent over and took it up the ass to get back on the field b/c they were all going broke, the trickle down effect of that is a chitty product.

The MLB union takes care of it's players, past/present/future, NBA/NFL are only about numero uno.

kovalchuk71
11-24-2015, 06:36 PM
there is a like one good team and then a bunch of crap. The QB play is just pathetic.

Blame it on the CFB coaches and their air raid/shotgun only systems. QBs don't have to go through progressions anymore, so they need time to learn how to do it (if they even can pick it up)

soulivex
11-24-2015, 06:37 PM
The stupidly strict rules on practice is killing the NFL.

As one analyst put it: "Because they can't practice football, the NFL is being filled with bodybuilders and track stars but no actual football players."

HoustonMiscer
11-24-2015, 06:44 PM
Blame it on the CFB coaches and their air raid/shotgun only systems. QBs don't have to go through progressions anymore, so they need time to learn how to do it (if they even can pick it up)

I run an Air Raid offense on NCAA 14 and I still have to go through progressions, brah.

HoustonMiscer
11-24-2015, 06:46 PM
I was having this conversation with my family Sunday during Thanksgiving.

It's trash, absolute trash. I haven't tuned into a Thursday or Monday night game in over two years.

Sunday during Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving is on Thursday brah. Are you from some weird alternate universe where Thanksgiving is on Sunday?

headinahole
11-24-2015, 06:49 PM
Sunday during Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving is on Thursday brah. Are you from some weird alternate universe where Thanksgiving is on Sunday?

Should've clarified brah, majority of my family will be out of town on Thursday so we met up Sunday.

HoustonMiscer
11-24-2015, 06:49 PM
Should've clarified brah, majority of my family will be out of town on Thursday so we met up Sunday.

Oh okay that makes sense lol Hope you had a good time with your family brah

Dave P
11-24-2015, 07:11 PM

Our big Thanksgiving is on Saturday every year, everyone has their little families and pockets to hang out with but there is no excuse for missing the Saturday, thats when its like 30 people.

jamesbwbevis
11-24-2015, 07:15 PM
I feel like this topic is becoming a yearly trend. this

there is no fuking difference. Bad calls and injuries but its still football you phaggots. nothing else has changed for the core game.

jamesbwbevis
11-24-2015, 07:17 PM

ITT you have to be undefeated to be good

who was good last year?

GolfPants
11-24-2015, 07:33 PM
I'm inclined to agree. Pretty much none of the primetime games have been very entertaining to me, no real interdasting storylines, inexcusably terribad officiating, injuries to many key players, I could go on and on. Not a good season at all.

That said, it's the first time my Jags aren't out of the playoff hunt by thanksgiving so it's not all bad lol.

BaptismofBlood
11-24-2015, 08:53 PM
nqWZqQXk_Ao

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/social_assets/nfl/random/BarrySanders4.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m82106chVp1raz5ixo1_400.gif

been saying it for years
the "game" peaked in the 90s and it's been downhill ever since.
back then i knew that even if my team sucked, i was still going to see some good smash mouth football.

nfl=only worth watching during the playoffs, just like the nba