PDA

View Full Version : How seriously are you considering Cam Newton for MVP...

BJohnny1988
11-24-2015, 11:13 AM
given what Brady has done this year?

JotaroJoestar
11-24-2015, 11:17 AM
4 out of Brady's top 5 receivers are out, as well as his top receiving running back.
His offensive line is in complete shambles.

I don't know if he can keep putting up great numbers week after week, but he definitely deserves it.

chlaxman
11-24-2015, 11:25 AM
Vegas is taking it very seriously.

But Brady is still the favorite. Cam is second.

MurkinSeason
11-24-2015, 11:28 AM
The only real reason this argument is even close is because no one expected Cam and the Panthers to have this type of a season. It came as a surprise..

Compared to Tom Brady and the Pats everyone just expects this out of them.

They both have had to work under duress but still sit at 10-0. Brady has better numbers so he should be the lead candidate.. Cam does more with his feet but Brady does more with his arm and that's what's important at the QB position. Brady's offense is the number one scoring offense in the league and they lose a weapon almost every week. Cams like 20th in total QBR and has had one 300 yard passing game all year. Just sayin.

AreolaBorealis
11-24-2015, 11:37 AM
given what Brady has done this year?Brady should win a humanitarian award for the oline and receivers he's left to work with. He will win the MVP if he finishes with a same or better record than the Panthers.

I do not see any value in betting on either Brady or Newton at this point. I think the play you have to look at is Tony Romo especially with the long shot odds you are getting right now. If both the Patriots and Panthers end up going 13-3 or 14-2 and the Boys win out I believe Tony Romo is the pick.

MurkinSeason
11-24-2015, 11:52 AM
Brady should win a humanitarian award for the oline and receivers he's left to work with. He will win the MVP if he finishes with a same or better record than the Panthers.

I do not see any value in betting on either Brady or Newton at this point. I think the play you have to look at is Tony Romo especially with the long shot odds you are getting right now. If both the Patriots and Panthers end up going 13-3 or 14-2 and the Boys win out I believe Tony Romo is the pick.

Sickening.

JUGGERNAUT1333
11-24-2015, 11:56 AM
Brady should win a humanitarian award for the oline and receivers he's left to work with. He will win the MVP if he finishes with a same or better record than the Panthers.

People will call you crazy for the Romo pick, but imagine if Dallas wins out, wins the division and makes a deep playoff run (assuming Romo puts up solid stats as well) How can you argue against him for Most Valuable Player if he took a 2-7 Team to the playoffs.

MrStrange
11-24-2015, 11:58 AM

I never know if your trolling but I agree.

MurkinSeason
11-24-2015, 12:02 PM
People will call you crazy for the Romo pick, but imagine if Dallas wins out, wins the division and makes a deep playoff run (assuming Romo puts up solid stats as well) How can you argue against him for Most Valuable Player if he took a 2-7 Team to the playoffs.

I don't think anyone can argue it if it were to happen. Romo would by far deserve MVP.

compan
11-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Considering the Pats are 2 weeks away from using local college and high school receivers, I'd say it's still Brady's to win. Cam has had a hell of a season and any other season I'd say he deserves it. But Brady is just in a whole different level right now with his age, team and stats.

StrapNScrap21
11-24-2015, 12:59 PM
anoint a QB with a sub 60% completion percentage as an MVP candidate brehs http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dame2.png

it goes

Brady
Romo
2Pac
Biggie
Andre from Outkast
Jada
Kurupt
Nas
and then Cam

lsiberian
11-24-2015, 01:02 PM
Brady is the MVP. Cam gets the NFC award.

CurryTech777
11-24-2015, 01:07 PM
the panthers have played 2 teams that will make the playoffs

pls go. and both of those games could have gone either way

wifestealer
11-24-2015, 01:09 PM

hnngggg, especially with their upcoming schedule which is arguably one of the hardest in the league

vs Panthers
@ Redskins
@ Packers
vs Jets
@ Bills
vs Redskins

opponents have a win % of .583

CougarP01
11-24-2015, 01:10 PM
4 out of Brady's top 5 receivers are out, as well as his top receiving running back.
His offensive line is in complete shambles.

I don't know if he can keep putting up great numbers week after week, but he definitely deserves it.

Minus the Oline problem, Cam is in the same boat.

That being said...

Cam 26 TDs 9 INTs
Brady 26 TDs 4 INTs + Way more yards + Higher %age.

Its Brady's race to lose, but lets not act like Cam isn't 2nd.

Until the Panthers lose, its going to be Brady> Cam > Palmer

GolfPants
11-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Literally not at all unless Brady starts falling off hard or Cam completely explodes like last week every week.

StrapNScrap21
11-24-2015, 01:17 PM

That being said...

Cam 26 TDs 9 INTs

Brady
Romo
2Pac
Biggie
Andre from Outkast
Palmer
Kurupt
Nas
and then Cam

autrefois
11-24-2015, 01:30 PM
If the records are tied Cam will win because of Voter Fatigue.

To be honest Carson Palmer should be a bigger candidate than Cam since we know how ****ty the Cardinals are without him. But it will come down to records at the end of the season. Brady is the favorite right now.

JotaroJoestar
11-24-2015, 01:54 PM

That being said...

Cam 26 TDs 9 INTs

Cam lose his #1, #3, #4, #5, and #6 too?

tng83
11-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Top 2

FakeRabona
11-24-2015, 02:18 PM
To be honest Carson Palmer should be a bigger candidate than Cam since we know how ****ty the Cardinals are without him. But it will come down to records at the end of the season. Brady is the favorite right now.

Palmer should be a bigger candidate than Cam because he's playing the quarterback position better.

Marronis
11-24-2015, 02:25 PM

That being said...

Cam 26 TDs 9 INTs

Well you gotta look at cams rushing stats too. Not just his passing

wickedman
11-24-2015, 02:34 PM
All voters care about are either gaudy stats and/or really gaudy stats. Cam will flip to favorite if the Pats drop one and the Panthers don't.

BullStampede
11-24-2015, 02:40 PM
If Panthers finish with better record than Pats, and his numbers stay up, I'd give it to him.

Swept
11-24-2015, 03:47 PM
Cam has missed his number 1 receiver since week 1 Brady hasn't. Amendola would be Cam's best receiver LMAO

LMAO Palmer all I have to do is look at Ginn's numbers last season with Palmer and compare them with Newton. Palmer is a product of a great receiving core with a great offensive mind and they still lost to Landry Jones

ItsWhatIDo
11-24-2015, 04:05 PM
the panthers have played 2 teams that will make the playoffs

pls go. and both of those games could have gone either way

Who have the Patriots played that will definitely make the playoffs?

Marronis
11-24-2015, 04:26 PM
Who have the Patriots played that will definitely make the playoffs?

This

Pretty much just the Broncos next week

Mac_xX
11-24-2015, 04:33 PM
People just get tired of having the same player(s) being great year after year. Brady deserves it but Newton is something to talk about because it's different. Simple as that.

TexasMajor
11-24-2015, 04:59 PM
Keep sleeping on Lord Romo, hoes

HoustonMiscer
11-24-2015, 05:03 PM
According to certain kunt mothers an MVP doesn't celebrate by dancing around. Lol fuk you stupid ass mother that said that

Evolutionary1
11-24-2015, 05:09 PM
People will call you crazy for the Romo pick, but imagine if Dallas wins out, wins the division and makes a deep playoff run (assuming Romo puts up solid stats as well) How can you argue against him for Most Valuable Player if he took a 2-7 Team to the playoffs.lol

JotaroJoestar
11-24-2015, 05:14 PM
Cam has missed his number 1 receiver since week 1 Brady hasn't. Amendola would be Cam's best receiver LMAO

LMAO Palmer all I have to do is look at Ginn's numbers last season with Palmer and compare them with Newton. Palmer is a product of a great receiving core with a great offensive mind and they still lost to Landry Jones

WR
Brady's number 1 is a guy that would have been cut by 31 other teams in the NFL to begin his career, and is now out for the rest of the regular season.
Brady's number 2 was placed on PUP and was out for the first 8 games of the season, he's leading the team in drops.
Brady's number 3 is Amendola, who albeit is a great player, is currently injured.
Brady's number 4 is a guy that would have been cut by 31 other teams, but because of the Patriots scarcity at WR, remains on the team, injured.
Brady's number 5 is a guy that they got in a trade from the Texans, and he's been out for the past 4 weeks
Brady's number 6 is a special teams' player that occasionally goes deep, and has no recorded catches this season, injured.
Brady's number 7 is a player that didn't make the team coming out of training camp, he looks good.
RB
Brady's number 1 is a player that got cut from 3 other teams, and no one gave him a chance, tore his ACL.
TE
Brady's number 1 is a guy that has been continuously shut down week after week by penalties that are no longer being called.
Brady's number 2 is a huge disappointment
Brady's number 3 is a 300 lb OLmen.

OL has had 23 different combinations this year. Most in the NFL, Brady's been hurried the most times in the NFL.

Don't compare Newton's troubles to Brady's, they're on different levels.

HoustonMiscer
11-24-2015, 05:18 PM
WR
Brady's number 1 is a guy that would have been cut by 31 other teams in the NFL to begin his career, and is now out for the rest of the regular season.
Brady's number 2 was placed on PUP and was out for the first 8 games of the season, he's leading the team in drops.
Brady's number 3 is Amendola, who albeit is a great player, is currently injured.
Brady's number 4 is a guy that would have been cut by 31 other teams, but because of the Patriots scarcity at WR, remains on the team, injured.
Brady's number 5 is a guy that they got in a trade from the Texans, and he's been out for the past 4 weeks
Brady's number 6 is a special teams' player that occasionally goes deep, and has no recorded catches this season, injured.
Brady's number 7 is a player that didn't make the team coming out of training camp, he looks good.
RB
Brady's number 1 is a player that got cut from 3 other teams, and no one gave him a chance, tore his ACL.
TE
Brady's number 1 is a guy that has been continuously shut down week after week by penalties that are no longer being called.

OL has had 23 different combinations this year. Most in the NFL, Brady's been hurried the most times in the NFL.

That's great brah but no one feels sorry for Brady. Fukker has 4 rings lol. He definitely hasn't been the most fortunate but they are still undefeated. He is MVP in my book

StrapNScrap21
11-24-2015, 05:20 PM

Brady
Romo
2Pac
Biggie
Andre from Outkast
Palmer
Kurupt
Nas
and then Cam

Swept
11-24-2015, 10:10 PM
WR
RB
TE

Edelman cut by 31 teams? how do you know? By your logic Brady was a 6th round pick he would of been cut by any other team.
LMAO going all the way through the entire receiver depth chart
Cam's number 1 is Ginn whose actually been cut by 4 different teams in 4 seasons, his number 2 Brown an UDFA whose injured BTW, number 3 a old Cotchery who nobody wanted wanted in free agency and now Funchess who had the highest drop% in the NFL.

Talking about drops the panthers are 4th in drops, and are 31st in YAC, so Cam has to do way more with less. And our line is made up of Oher who was considered one of the worst tackle in the NFL last season and bunch of UDFA. And we have had 17 different line combinations second in the NFL.

At the end of the day I have more confidence in Belichick in winning without Brady than Rivera winning without Cam.

StrapNScrap21
11-24-2015, 10:24 PM
Edelman cut by 31 teams? how do you know? By your logic Brady was a 6th round pick he would of been cut by any other team.
LMAO going all the way through the entire receiver depth chart
Cam's number 1 is Ginn whose actually been cut by 4 different teams in 4 seasons, his number 2 Brown an UDFA whose injured BTW, number 3 a old Cotchery who nobody wanted wanted in free agency and now Funchess who had the highest drop% in the NFL.

Talking about drops the panthers are 4th in drops, and are 31st in YAC, so Cam has to do way more with less. And our line is made up of Oher who was considered one of the worst tackle in the NFL last season and bunch of UDFA. And we have had 17 different line combinations second in the NFL.

At the end of the day I have more confidence in Belichick in winning without Brady than Rivera winning without Cam.

Brady
Romo
2Pac
Biggie
Andre from Outkast
Palmer
Kurupt
Nas
and then Cam

http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/umad.png

MurkinSeason
11-24-2015, 10:26 PM
Brady
Romo
2Pac
Biggie
Andre from Outkast
Palmer
Kurupt
Nas
and then Cam

http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/umad.png

There is only one Andre you don't have to specify.

StrapNScrap21
11-24-2015, 10:48 PM
There is only one Andre you don't have to specify.

QFcv5Ma8u8k

http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/jbhmmm.png

CougarP01
11-24-2015, 10:53 PM
Brady
Romo
2Pac
Biggie
Andre from Outkast
Palmer
Kurupt
Nas
and then Cam

Ok so for you its Brady, Romo, Palmer, and Cam ,minus all the rappers.

Thats not too bad since you hate Cam. The real MVP of the NFC will rise this thanksgiving for you then, I guess.

StrapNScrap21
11-24-2015, 11:28 PM
Ok so for you its Brady, Romo, Palmer, and Cam ,minus all the rappers.

Thats not too bad since you hate Cam. The real MVP of the NFC will rise this thanksgiving for you then, I guess.

I don't hate Killa, I'm just objective about the order http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/jbhmmm.png

call a QB with a sub 60% completion percentage the MVP of an entire conference brehs http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dame2.png

IzVenomous
11-24-2015, 11:34 PM
hnngggg, especially with their upcoming schedule which is arguably one of the hardest in the league

vs Panthers
@ Redskins
@ Packers
vs Jets
@ Bills
vs Redskins

opponents have a win % of .583

Only 1 team is hard on that schedule and that's the panthers pls go

Pittsburgh has the hardest schedule

rampagefc77
11-25-2015, 06:26 AM
I love patriots fans. Back when Rodgers was struggling, if you mentioned the fact that the majority of his WRs have missed time with injuries, never having less than 2 off the field for any game, or the fact that his o-line was in shambles with everyone on the injury report, or lacy being injured the response you got was "excuses, I thought Rodgers could make anyone better, etc." As soon as Brady has to deal with some adversity with injuries, suddenly that's all pats fans can talk about...