PDA

View Full Version : Should they just go back to the BCS?

woody19
11-23-2015, 11:45 AM
This is gonna be an awful playoff year.

Clemson and Bama are both legit and well deserving of a spot.

Iowa: Garbage would be 10+point dogs against ^^
ND: Solid team, but wouldnt be much different than 2012
Oklahoma: Pretty good team, but lost to texas and almost lost to a TCU missing Boykin, Doctson, and 80% of their defense
MSU: Meh team, should have lost to UM, lost to a terrible nebraska team, barely beat purdue and rutgers. I think honest MSU fans would say that this is not the strongest they have been the past few years.
Ohio St: Very talented group of individuals
Baylor: Backup QB, no defense in sight

At best we get Clemson, Bama, ND, and Okie
At Worst we get Florida, Iowa, Baylor, and UNC

PervedOut
11-23-2015, 11:54 AM

Oklahoma: Pretty good team, but lost to texas and almost lost to a TCU missing Boykin, Doctson, and 80% of their defense
MSU: Meh team, should have lost to UM, lost to a terrible nebraska team, barely beat purdue and rutgers. I think honest MSU fans would say that this is not the strongest they have been the past few years.

Ohio State is clearly gon......

oh wait

In to see Bama and Clemson

isp
11-23-2015, 11:56 AM
Seems like you're disappointed there are a lot of mediocre teams this year. The playoff system has nothing to do with that. You don't have to watch the games if you don't want to.

ugottabjoshinme
11-23-2015, 12:03 PM
If there is indeed only 2 legit teams like you see, then the playoff will work correctly. So what need is there for the BCS?

woody19
11-23-2015, 12:14 PM
If there is indeed only 2 legit teams like you see, then the playoff will work correctly. So what need is there for the BCS?

Theres always a chance that we can get deprived of the good matchup, by a team going full retard.

cncman
11-23-2015, 12:18 PM

At Worst we get Florida, Iowa, Baylor, and UNCOU didn't lose their QB at the half (which by then was a 100% dominated game). Not sure about mayfields status, but they're legit with him. Knight was horrible. Florida is GOD awful, legit travesty that they are top 25. Sad thing is ND and Iowa get curb stomped by Bama and Clem.

woody19
11-23-2015, 12:22 PM
OU didn't lose their QB at the half (which by then was a 100% dominated game). Not sure about mayfields status, but they're legit with him. Knight was horrible. Florida is GOD awful, legit travesty that they are top 25. Sad thing is ND and Iowa get curb stomped by Bama and Clem.

They said he passed Concussion tests. Oklahoma has the potential to be that elite caliber. Perine, Mayfield, Shepherd, Mixon, Striker, thats some legitimate talent. But losing to Texas this year is just a mind fuk

holtmcg
11-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Still wondering how OU lost to Texas.

The_Albatross
11-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Bama hasn't played anyone so its tough to call them legit.

Thai_Clinch
11-23-2015, 01:05 PM

Iowa goes in and stomps MSU, tell me why they are not deserving or legit ? Because you do not follow iowa football and they are new to you being regarded highly ?

Florida beats bama in the title game, tell me a reason why they do not deserve to be in there ? makes no sense. they are a fake fg away from being undefeated. thats what it took to beat them this year by lsu.

just because we arent looking at a ton of undefeated teams late in the year doesnt mean none of these teams are not deserving. some of these teams are a lot better than you give them credit for.

Thai_Clinch
11-23-2015, 01:07 PM
Bama hasn't played anyone so its tough to call them legit.

no, just a few ranked opponents. thats all. ohio st. only had to play one. this past saturday. and lost.

bama is deserving and if you cant see that you are either ignorant or you just hate them. simple as that.

woody19
11-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Iowa goes in and stomps MSU, tell me why they are not deserving or legit ? Because you do not follow iowa football and they are new to you being regarded highly ?

Florida beats bama in the title game, tell me a reason why they do not deserve to be in there ? makes no sense. they are a fake fg away from being undefeated. thats what it took to beat them this year by lsu.

just because we arent looking at a ton of undefeated teams late in the year doesnt mean none of these teams are not deserving. some of these teams are a lot better than you give them credit for.

When Iowa plays in the BIG Championship game it will be the 2nd ranked team they have played. OOC Illinois St, Iowa st, North Texas, and Pitt should not be rewarded. Clemson, Bama, ND, Ok, MSU, Baylor, OSU, OK St, would all be undefeated with that schedule, probably more teams than that tbh.

Florida was a player when they had Grier. The past 3 weeks they have struggled mightily to beat Vandy, Scar, and FAU. Florida will lose to either FSU or Bama, bank on it.

Bulldawgs64
11-23-2015, 01:18 PM
When Iowa plays in the BIG Championship game it will be the 2nd ranked team they have played. OOC Illinois St, Iowa st, North Texas, and Pitt should not be rewarded. Clemson, Bama, ND, Ok, MSU, Baylor, OSU, OK St, would all be undefeated with that schedule, probably more teams than that tbh.

Florida was a player when they had Grier. The past 3 weeks they have struggled mightily to beat Vandy, Scar, and FAU. Florida will lose to either FSU or Bama, bank on it.
How many highly ranked or ranked teams period have any of the teams u listed played? Alabamas played 2 low ranked teams and have a loss. MSU lost to a team with a losing record same with OU Notre Dame has played a similar schedule.
If you don't think Iowa could beat MSU then you havent watched a Big 10 game this season.
If anything they should make the playoff system bigger but not by too much.

woody19
11-23-2015, 01:24 PM
How many highly ranked or ranked teams period have any of the teams u listed played? Alabamas played 2 low ranked teams and have a loss. MSU lost to a team with a losing record same with OU Notre Dame has played a similar schedule.
If you don't think Iowa could beat MSU then you havent watched a Big 10 game this season.
If anything they should make the playoff system bigger but not by too much.

I actually think OSU losing to MSU made the B1G look a lot worse. MSU has looked terrible this year. I figured OSU was just coasting, but they have all kinds of issues. Iowa is basically UM without Harbaugh, so im sure the game vs MSU will be close, then they will get their chit pushed in by Clemson or Bama. Zero chance they can run on Bama and Zero chance they can keep up with Clemson

Thai_Clinch
11-23-2015, 01:25 PM

the year OSU won the title over the almost unbeatable hurricanes, they had last second wins against a purdue team that was chit and a ref call that screwed NC state out of a win. Had no business being there. yet they beat miami.

lot could be said last year, including me who was won that thought osu was overrated, went in and won. They played a **** schedule also until playoff time.

iowa deserves all the credit they get and deserve a chance if they win the B1G championship. all teams play OOC. bama has a cakewalk OOC. Notre Dame always plays OOC.

always best to reserve judgment until the conference championships are born. If UNC shocks Clemson, what are we gonna say then ?

lets just enjoy it for what it is. a crazy ass football year.

Bulldawgs64
11-23-2015, 01:26 PM
I actually think OSU losing to MSU made the B1G look a lot worse. MSU has looked terrible this year. I figured OSU was just coasting, but they have all kinds of issues. Iowa is basically UM without Harbaugh, so im sure they game vs MSU will be close, then they will get their chit pushed in by Clemson or Bama. Zero chance they can run on Bama and Zero chance they can keep up with Clemson.
They have some of the best wins of any team this season how is that looking terrible?

BullStampede
11-23-2015, 01:29 PM
Still wondering how OU lost to Texas.

lol dat kryptonite.

woody19
11-23-2015, 01:30 PM
They have some of the best wins of any team this season how is that looking terrible?

Eyeballs. From an on paper standpoint. MSU is a worthy contender. But watching them play they do not look like a natty winner. They look like 2012 ND. A team that got really lucky in the regular season. But they could also be like the 2002 Buckeyes.

BeastModeFTW
11-23-2015, 01:37 PM
hell no. under the bcs it would've been bama vs fsu in the chip last year. what should happen is an 8 team playoff system. the 5 conference champions of the power 5, 2 wild card spots, and the top ranked non power 5 team.

leafs43
11-23-2015, 01:41 PM
It's going to be a coin flip between OSU and Notre Dame.

If MSU goes on to win the B1G game, which baring a great game by Iowa, and Notre Dame struggles versus Stanford and OSU destroys Michigan the media will bump OSU up to #4 simply because of last years championship.

Thai_Clinch
11-23-2015, 01:43 PM
It's going to be a coin flip between OSU and Notre Dame.

If MSU goes on to win the B1G game, which baring a great game by Iowa, and Notre Dame struggles versus Stanford and OSU destroys Michigan the media will bump OSU up to #4 simply because of last years championship.

beating michigan is a quality win for ohio st. so it's a possibility. ND is the most overrated of the bunch, imo.

The_Albatross
11-23-2015, 04:47 PM
no, just a few ranked opponents. thats all. ohio st. only had to play one. this past saturday. and lost.

bama is deserving and if you cant see that you are either ignorant or you just hate them. simple as that.

Did I say they weren't deserving? No, I didn't. I said they haven't played anyone. And they haven't.

DeshaunWatson
11-23-2015, 06:45 PM
Guys Clemson still has to beat UNC..Bama is guaranteed to beat UF.. i honestly think UF drops to FSU & Bama.

BaptismofBlood
11-23-2015, 07:54 PM
6 team playoff would cause chaos every year

win your conference and you're in

p5 winners get an automatic
1 g5 room for 1 g5 team
top 2 seeds get bye week. first games are played at home stadium of higher seed.

if youre team is out of the running, your goal should turn into becoming the spoiler of your rival. final weeks of the regular season would be epic as fuq.

DeshaunWatson
11-23-2015, 08:28 PM
They should never make it a P5 = automatic bid. That is the most absurd thing i've ever heard. But i do believe conference championships should be played at the higher seeds stadium.

lsiberian
11-24-2015, 09:10 AM
No. Last year proved the Playoff is a great idea.