PDA

View Full Version : Is Brock osweiler the future of the broncos

waytoodeep03
11-23-2015, 09:39 AM
That team looks 100 times better with brock than it does peyton at this point. Frankly Peyton should be done for good but politics and ratings. Reminds me of the favre rodgers dilemma

Is brock the man now in Denver

CurryTech777
11-23-2015, 09:47 AM
he needs his own hype song like 6'6 250

XterraRob
11-23-2015, 10:04 AM
It's an interesting dilemma for Kubiak because he runs a really good run heavy system. It did wonders for the 97/98 Broncos and the Baltimore Ravens when he was their OC. He now has a QB that can effectively run that offense out of all positions (Under center, pistol, shotgun). When you have a QB that can make you look really good as a HC, would you want to give that up?

Manning on the other hand is stubborn, can't be coached, and runs an offense that is centered around him. It's based off of keeping the defense on the field, predesignating a weakness in coverage and throwing the ball to that specific point (whether the receiver is there or not). It's not about clock management outside his 2 minute drills and doesn't do well when Manning is the single point of failure.

There is no doubt that this is a serious issue, especially if we succeed against the Pats on Sunday. Remember Kubiak is the OC that led the Ravens against the Pats in the playoffs last year. He isn't intimidated by Belichek and Belichek respects his system.

This could even divide the locker room. Manning has left a bad taste in everyone's mouth because of bad passes, reads, and turn overs. If he were to come back less than 100% and do the same thing, it'll kill morale and momentum.

HoustonMiscer
11-23-2015, 10:06 AM
It's an interesting dilemma for Kubiak because he runs a really good run heavy system. It did wonders for the 97/98 Broncos and the Baltimore Ravens when he was their OC. He now has a QB that can effectively run that offense out of all positions (Under center, pistol, shotgun). When you have a QB that can make you look really good as a HC, would you want to give that up?

Manning on the other hand is stubborn, can't be coached, and runs an offense that is centered around him. It's based off of keeping the defense on the field, predesignating a weakness in coverage and throwing the ball to that specific point (whether the receiver is there or not). It's not about clock management outside his 2 minute drills and doesn't do well when Manning is the single point of failure.

There is no doubt that this is a serious issue, especially if we succeed against the Pats on Sunday. Remember Kubiak is the OC that led the Ravens against the Pats in the playoffs last year. He isn't intimidated by Belichek and Belichek respects his system.

This could even divide the locker room. Manning has left a bad taste in everyone's mouth because of bad passes, reads, and turn overs. If he were to come back less than 100% and do the same thing, it'll kill morale and momentum.

I always liked Brock Osweiler coming out of ASU and I thought he would thrive under Gary Kubiak when Gary Kubiak got to Denver

woody19
11-23-2015, 10:06 AM
They won by 2pts against the bears. You act like the broncs were 0-8 with pey pey

Heaney
11-23-2015, 10:09 AM
They won by 2pts against the bears. You act like the broncs were 0-8 with pey pey

They won INSPITE of pey pey not because of him this year

XterraRob
11-23-2015, 10:18 AM

Peyton hampered the team more thn helped. It got progressively worse and that was with the hybrid offense. I'm more favorable for Kubiak's system since there isn't a single point of failure and can be more flexible than Manning.

HoustonMiscer
11-23-2015, 10:23 AM
Peyton hampered the team more thn helped. It got progressively worse and that was with Manning's offense. I'm more favorable for Kubiak's system since there isn't a single point of failure and can be more flexible than Manning.

Does he not like Kubiak's offense?

WRXbrah
11-23-2015, 10:24 AM

Outside of Bears getting blownout week 1, they have been competitive in every game and only losing by a fg. They've also gotten progressively better as the season went on.

XterraRob
11-23-2015, 10:38 AM
Does he not like Kubiak's offense?

It's not Manning's forte and as a veteran who has stuck to his technique/play calling for this long, I'm not sure he wants to break away from it. It's always difficult for QBs to change schemes though.

The big problem with Manning is he's limited from where he can take the snap. He can't throw from under center so that kills the run game from under center. He can only do shotgun and pistol which hurts the play calling and options. The routes between the Manning and Kubiak schemes put the receivers in different positions on the field so that forced him to adjust where he anticipates the receiver to be.

There is an ugly hybrid offense going on but it's easier for Brock to take the helm I think. Manning has struggled in a season that's been hell bent on winning, not helping preserve his legacy.

HoustonMiscer
11-23-2015, 10:41 AM
It's not Manning's forte and as a veteran who has stuck to his technique/play calling for this long, I'm not sure he wants to break away from it. It's always difficult for QBs to change schemes though.

The big problem with Manning is he's limited from where he can take the snap. He can't throw from under center so that kills the run game from under center. He can only do shotgun and pistol which hurts the play calling and options. The routes between the Manning and Kubiak schemes put the receivers in different positions on the field so that forced him to adjust where he anticipates the receiver to be.

There is an ugly hybrid offense going on but it's easier for Brock to take the helm I think. Manning has struggled in a season that's been hell bent on winning, not helping preserve his legacy.

That makes sense. I thought since Kubaik was very good at play calling and putting QB's feel comfortable in his offense (made Case Keenum look okay even though he didn't win a game) that they would make it work with Manning but I guess I was wrong

XterraRob
11-23-2015, 11:08 AM
Brosweiler is expected to start v Pats.

HERE WE GO.

Gynomite
11-23-2015, 11:21 AM
he needs his own hype song like 6'6 250

It's the Orange and the Blue, Blue, Blue...

Accompanied by a Superbowl Shuffle-esque music video with him in goofy sunglasses Jim McMahon style. If the Chargers moved to LA, I would become a Broncos fan if they did this.

HigherStratus
11-23-2015, 11:27 AM
http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/gotigersgo.com/custompages/gallery/9_24_15_FB_vsCincinnati/09242015_Memphis_Cincinnati_JM0451.JPG

ckmiscer
11-23-2015, 11:31 AM
He's nothing special and didn't throw downfield except for 1 play where Demaryius Thomas was by himself in the middle of the field. Their whole offense was short passes to Owen Daniels all fukn day because the Bears wouldn't cover him. Gonna be a real different story against the Pats.

Bears-Broncos was legit the most annoying game I've ever watched due to the announcers not being able to shut the fu*k up about Osweiler.

NeoKantian
11-23-2015, 11:32 AM
My guess is that Manning will probably be out for couple more games so they can evaluate Osweiler. Then when Manning comes back they know what Osweiler can do and if Manning sticks it up they can bench him.