PDA

View Full Version : NBA MVP rankings week 4

speedyclaxton
11-22-2015, 09:24 PM
Not a whole lot of exiting thing to note. Curry is creating more and more seperation between the other candidates and some big starters like Griffin and Durant are falling because of Injuries and Poor play...Geroge is playing amazing basketball and Drummond is starting to slow down a bit. I was strongly considering Dwade or Bosh...I can see one of them making the list next week. how about whiteside? Hmm maybe not.

1. Stephen Curry - Team just tied the best start of the season 15-0. Curry is leading the lead in scoring and doing at an efficient rate. If the MVP voting started today, it would be a travesty if he's not consensus and a clean sweep in voting. It's funny seeing Westbrook and Harden try to one up Curry everytime he gets 40, they always fail. He's averaging 32 at 51% shooting and 43% from the three ball..wow.(1)

2. Lebron James - I'm wondering when lebron will stop playing defense again and start preserving energy on that end, so far..He's playing at a high level..Best record in the east. Lebron has done an amazing job of properly involving love. We all know he coaches that team. (2)

3. Kawhi Leonard - The word Pop has always looked for with Kawhi in terms of scoring is consistency. He's doing that and he's defense hasn't changed at all..Still the best perimeter defender in the league.. 44% from the three point line and 50% from the field..This is a guy that arrived in the NBA with a reputation of being a poor shooter. He's getting a large part of his points from ISO too which is amazing. (4)

4. Russell Westbrook - Thunder is really struggling without Durant. Their defense is atrocious, part of that is on westbrook. I was having trouble ranking Westbrook-Geroge-Griffin, but tonights win against the third best team in the west record wise got him the benefit. He's doing almost everything on offense. (5)

5. Blake Griffin - The Clippers are struggling and Blake Griffin is really out of sync. After losing to the Warriors and Blake playing poorly against the warriors..I'm starting to see hesitation on his jumpers and moves like its 2011 again. Finished the week really poorly with 9 points and getting beat and embarrased by the Raptors. Team has a losing record. (3)

6. Paul Geroge - If the season started two weeks ago, George would be top 5 in my rankings. Like last week, he's been killing it offensively and they are winning. The only negative is that he struggled a bit in their last game this week (9)

7. Andre Drummond - The Stats are starting to go down. The Pistons are starting to lose. He's still averaging 18 and 18, but he's been somewhat underwheling the last week and half. to be fair, the Pistons has played a lot of tough games and away games. We'll see if he regains his form next week once they start getting used to playing more home games (6)

8. John Wall - Wall is slowly taking the baton from Paul as the best play caller and playmaker in the game. People talk about Westbrook in terms or running the transition, but I can't think of a more disciplined player on the break than Wall. (HM)

9. Jimmy Butler - Butler started of the season poorly in terms of consistency. One night he looks like he's comfortable playing the lead guy the other night he's not..But he's slowly getting there.(HM)

10. Demarcus Cousins - The best post up big in the league. I was debating between Butler and Cousins but he's stupid suspension caused him a rank.(NR)

Some considerations.

Wade, Bosh, Millsap, Dirk, Bledsoe, Lowry

IsLifeRealLife
11-22-2015, 09:43 PM
Act like AD isn't putting up 26pts/18.5rbs/3blks/2asts in his last 2 breh http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/francis.png

Spill512
11-22-2015, 09:52 PM
0 stars

MarioGOATmers
11-22-2015, 09:56 PM
Wall is not even remotely close to CP3. Lmao his stats aren't even remotely impressive.
Lol @ Blake but no Deandre.
Butler at 9 notsureifsrs.
DMC not even an average player, guy is garbage, easily the most overrated player in the league.
Wade is playing decent but should not be on this list at all. Whiteside is by far the Heat's MVP, and he's even being outplayed by Tyler Johnson.

Worst of all, Iguodala and Green are missing from this list. 14-0 team when extrapolated to an 82 game season is the best team of all time only has 1 MVP candidate? Lmao. Basically every GREAT team has at least 2, usually 3 MVP players.
LeBron/Wade/Bosh, Jordan/Pippen/Rodman, Ben Wallace/Billups/Prince, KG/Allen/Pierce, etc. These curry nuthuggers will have you believe he was carrying the 2009 Cavs when Curry didn't even win finals MVp because he was guarding Dellevedova.

SompletelyCober
11-22-2015, 10:05 PM
Kawhi stay winnin!

speedyclaxton
11-22-2015, 10:08 PM
Act like AD isn't putting up 26pts/18.5rbs/3blks/2asts in his last 2 breh http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/francis.png

Two games erases everything he did poorly in the other weeks? Cmon brah.

speedyclaxton
11-22-2015, 10:11 PM
Wall is not even remotely close to CP3. Lmao his stats aren't even remotely impressive.
Lol @ Blake but no Deandre.
Butler at 9 notsureifsrs.
DMC not even an average player, guy is garbage, easily the most overrated player in the league.
Wade is playing decent but should not be on this list at all. Whiteside is by far the Heat's MVP, and he's even being outplayed by Tyler Johnson.

Worst of all, Iguodala and Green are missing from this list. 14-0 team when extrapolated to an 82 game season is the best team of all time only has 1 MVP candidate? Lmao. Basically every GREAT team has at least 2, usually 3 MVP players.
LeBron/Wade/Bosh, Jordan/Pippen/Rodman, Ben Wallace/Billups/Prince, KG/Allen/Pierce, etc. These curry nuthuggers will have you believe he was carrying the 2009 Cavs when Curry didn't even win finals MVp because he was guarding Dellevedova.

I thought about Green but decided to stick with 6 players for some players getting consideration.

speedyclaxton
11-22-2015, 10:13 PM
0 stars

You still mad at lebron? No one has played better than him save for curry. No one.

IsLifeRealLife
11-22-2015, 10:50 PM
Two games erases everything he did poorly in the other weeks? Cmon brah.

He's averaging 26/12/3blks if you take out the 2 game where he left early with injury bruh

speedyclaxton
11-22-2015, 10:53 PM
He's averaging 26/12/3blks if you take out the 2 game where he left early with injury bruh

They are 3-11

Harden is scoring 28PPG and have won more games. Should i have him on the list too?

IsLifeRealLife
11-22-2015, 10:55 PM
They are 3-11

Harden is scoring 28PPG and have won more games. Should i have him on the list too?

Harden's team is much more stacked and he didn't have to adjust to a new coach/system bruh

speedyclaxton
11-22-2015, 11:04 PM
Harden's team is much more stacked and he didn't have to adjust to a new coach/system bruh

Having lawson is an adjustment. Also why should i take off the games he was injured? Availability is a factor too. I probably would not have davis on a top 20 list too.

You have the considerations. Then you have Draymond, Fournier, Favours, Knight.

Obviously some of these players arent better than him, but its always about the body of work they put in overall in the last 4 weeks and how that translated to win.

Not fair to just put him over just because he had one great week.

sdballer5588
11-22-2015, 11:11 PM
Kawhi at 3rd rofl no shame

speedyclaxton
11-22-2015, 11:17 PM
Kawhi at 3rd rofl no shame

Was talking to a popular guy who makes the same **** on popular site and he had kawhi at 5 and likely moving to three witb Blake playing poorly.

I'm not even sure how thats crazy of a ranking. Sekou Smith had him at 5 last week and thats before the thunder started losing and before LA loss to Portland and this game against the raptors.

Enlighten me, how in the world does kawhi not deserve a bump? He will mostly like be 4th at worst at sekou list next week for example.

Sdballer trying to be cute again.

sdballer5588
11-22-2015, 11:19 PM
Was talking to a popular guy who makes the same **** on popular site and he had kawhi at 5 and likely moving to three witb Blake playing poorly.

I'm not even sure how thats crazy of a ranking. Sekou Smith had him at 5 last week and thats before the thunder started losing and before LA loss to Portland and this game against the raptors.

Enlighten me, how in the world does kawhi not deserve a bump? He will mostly like be 4th at worst at sekou list next week for example.

Sdballer trying to be cute again.

How does a player averaging 21 and 7 EVER make it to the top 3. Ever. Literally ever.

You just make this up as you go along.

speedyclaxton
11-22-2015, 11:32 PM
How does a player averaging 21 and 7 EVER make it to the top 3. Ever. Literally ever.

You just make this up as you go along.

Once upon a time a guy averages 18 and played no defense and won MVP. If you're not convinced, ask sekou smith himself.

But nice boxscore watching man. At least you are good at something.

sdballer5588
11-22-2015, 11:35 PM
Once upon a time a guy averages 18 and played no defense and won MVP. If you're not convinced, ask sekou smith himself.

But nice boxscore watching man. At least you are good at something.

.... lol yeah boil it down solely to his ppg. Kawhi is a good defender and an average offensive player. Calm down phaggot.

speedyclaxton
11-22-2015, 11:48 PM
.... lol yeah boil it down solely to his ppg. Kawhi is a good defender and an average offensive player. Calm down phaggot.

I boiled it down to PPG? You literally just did that in your post to downplay kawhi. Hey bro, are you sick? Get some aspirin man. Lol.

92 drtg and DPOY are good defenders? Cmon man, what are you so insecure about? Is there something you are trying to protect by downplaying kawhi? Who is it man?

The average offensive player is shooting 50 and 44 at three with an insane amount midrange and ISOs. Name me players who are doing the same?

Be honest bro, who are yo trying to protect?

sdballer5588
11-22-2015, 11:52 PM
I boiled it down to PPG? You literally just did that in your post to downplay kawhi. Hey bro, are you sick? Get some aspirin man. Lol.

92 drtg and DPOY are good defenders? Cmon man, what are you so insecure about? Is there something you are trying to protect by downplaying kawhi? Who is it man?

The average offensive player is shooting 50 and 44 at three with an insane amount midrange and ISOs. Name me players who are doing the same?

Be honest bro, who are yo trying to protect?

I'm way more interested to hear who averaged 18 ppg and won MVP.

Also - Kawhi's 2 pt FG's are being assisted a CAREER HIGH 61.3% of the time. Lol @ you constantly claiming this dude is in "iso's"

SompletelyCober
11-23-2015, 12:01 AM
Kawhi dominating baller's life like he dominated LeBron when he won finals MVP

sammywatkins
11-23-2015, 12:03 AM

Also - Kawhi's 2 pt FG's are being assisted a CAREER HIGH 61.3% of the time. Lol @ you constantly claiming this dude is in "iso's"
Nash 18.8ppg one year and 15.5ppg the other year though

sdballer5588
11-23-2015, 12:03 AM
Kawhi dominating baller's life like he dominated LeBron when he won finals MVP

You gonna stay for the show?

Claxton is about to pretend someone being assisted on 61% of their FGA is "isolating"

Nash

Nash won MVP averaging 16 and 19. (18.8)

Also had TS% and eFG% that blow out Kawhi currently, along with double digit assists.

Please someone tell me how Kawhi Leonard is better than that rofl

speedyclaxton
11-23-2015, 12:06 AM

Being a basketball guy, I thought youd know. I apologize..I had no idea you recently just started watching ball. I heard from around here you were a huge miami fan a 4 to 2 years back.

Hows Miami lofe treating you?

sdballer5588
11-23-2015, 12:07 AM
Being a basketball way, I thought youd know. I apologize..I had no idea you recently just started watching ball. I heard from around here you were a huge miami fan a 4 to 2 years back.

Hows Miami lofe treating you?

I knew you would have a fantastic deflection for the unreal stat that Kawhi is averaging an insanely high 61.3% assisted FGM.

Dat isolation doe.

speedyclaxton
11-23-2015, 12:09 AM
You gonna stay for the show?

Claxton is about to pretend someone being assisted on 61% of their FGA is "isolating"

Nash won MVP averaging 16 and 19. (18.8)

Also had TS% and eFG% that blow out Kawhi currently, along with double digit assists.

Please someone tell me how Kawhi Leonard is better than that rofl

Because hes a DPOY candidate averaging 21 on 50%, 44% and 82%.

Please name me a DPOY candidate that played like that offensivley and wasnt a serious candidate for MVP.

You are trying too hard brah..

sdballer5588
11-23-2015, 12:11 AM
Because hes a DPOY candidate averaging 21 on 50%, 44% and 82%.

Please name me a DPOY candidate that played like that offensivley and wasnt a serious candidate for MVP.

You are trying too hard brah..

None of this changes the fact that you constantly just legit make stuff up about Kawhi. You have still yet to address why he is averaging a CAREER HIGH in FGM assisted yet you claim he's isolating all the time.

speedyclaxton
11-23-2015, 12:27 AM
None of this changes the fact that you constantly just legit make stuff up about Kawhi. You have still yet to address why he is averaging a CAREER HIGH in FGM assisted yet you claim he's isolating all the time.

41% non assisted baskets is pretty high to me. Just like I claimed he makes midrange shots out of sets and ISOs. Pretty deadly offensive option if you ask me.

No wonder Pop prefers him over a guy who just finished the season last year close to 24. Glad I have something in common with Pop, i feel proud. Tbh.

srom12
11-23-2015, 12:32 AM
Hnngg. Once Curry and Warriors start losing they will cool down and LeBron will take the #1 spot.

sdballer5588
11-23-2015, 12:39 AM
41% non assisted baskets is pretty high to me. Just like I claimed he makes midrange shots out of sets and ISOs. Pretty deadly offensive option if you ask me.

No wonder Pop prefers him over a guy who just finished the season last year close to 24. Glad I have something in common with Pop, i feel proud. Tbh.

61 + 41 = 100 in your mind?

Wow.

Ray Allen was a phenomenal isolation scorer when he was on Boston and was entirely limited to coming off screens and could not create his own shot.

Only 53.7% of his FGM were assisted! That's 46.3% unassisted! More than Kawhi!!

ITT We learn Speedyclaxton has absolutely no idea why he says things, he just says them.

speedyclaxton
11-23-2015, 12:41 AM
Still waiting too see Sdballer list of players who was DPOY candidate and the number 1 offensive option in the team.

Aldridge is pretty indicative of how a superstar or star in a spurs system would average in points. 21 in 33 minutes is ridiculosly high in a spurs system...very High.

sdballer5588
11-23-2015, 12:42 AM
Still waiting too see Sdballer list of players who was DPOY candidate and the number 1 offensive option in the team.

Aldridge is pretty indicative of how a superstar or star in a spurs system would average in points. 21 in 33 minutes is ridiculosly high in a spurs system...very High.

Until you can admit you have no idea what the word "isolation" means, nothing you say can ever be taken seriously ever again.

Boston Ray Allen = Isolation god!

speedyclaxton
11-23-2015, 12:45 AM
61 + 41 = 100 in your mind?

Wow.

Ray Allen was a phenomenal isolation scorer when he was on Boston and was entirely limited to coming off screens and could not create his own shot.

Only 53.7% of his FGM were assisted! That's 46.3% unassisted! More than Kawhi!!

ITT We learn Speedyclaxton has absolutely no idea why he says things, he just says them.

Awe, i miscounted by two. Thanks for comfirming though. 39% unassisted baskets and 50% 44% and 82%...

Hnnng....just an absoulte monster. With a Drtg of 92..just crazy.

His usage rate is 26% this year and to still be that efficient at that usage rate is amazing

sdballer5588
11-23-2015, 12:46 AM
Awe, i miscounted by two. Thanks for comfirming though. 39% unassisted baskets and 50% 44% and 82%...

Hnnng....just an absoulte monster. With a Drtg of 92..just crazy.

His usage rate is 26% this year and to still be that efficient at that usage rate is amazing

You can keep dancing around it but you have no idea what isolation is, and Kawhi is not an isolation player.

Product of a system. RIP bruh.

speedyclaxton
11-23-2015, 12:48 AM
Until you can admit you have no idea what the word "isolation" means, nothing you say can ever be taken seriously ever again.

Boston Ray Allen = Isolation god!

Your putting words on mouths again. You are so cute. I said he gets his points on ISOs and sets.

Its ok brak, just take some aspirin and call ot a day. You just made Kawhi look even better today.

sdballer5588
11-23-2015, 12:49 AM
Your putting words on mouths again. You are so cute. I said he gets his points on ISOs and sets.

Its ok brak, just take some aspirin and call ot a day. You just made Kawhi look even better today.

3. Kawhi Leonard - The word Pop has always looked for with Kawhi in terms of scoring is consistency. He's doing that and he's defense hasn't changed at all..Still the best perimeter defender in the league.. 44% from the three point line and 50% from the field..This is a guy that arrived in the NBA with a reputation of being a poor shooter. He's getting a large part of his points from ISO too which is amazing. (4)

Where is the word "sets" in this paragraph?

speedyclaxton
11-23-2015, 01:10 AM
Where is the word "sets" in this paragraph?

39% is not a large part? Cmom brah, just take the L.

Remind me again when a DPOY caliber player shot 50%, 44% and 82% 21PPG 26% Usage rate.

21 on a spurs team...damn. thats crazy high.

MarioGOATmers
11-23-2015, 01:24 AM
39% is not a large part? Cmom brah, just take the L.

Remind me again when a DPOY caliber player shot 50%, 44% and 82% 21PPG 26% Usage rate.

21 on a spurs team...damn. thats crazy high.
LeBron

speedyclaxton
11-23-2015, 05:58 AM
LeBron

System player of peace.