PDA

View Full Version : Lol @ LSU

P51
11-22-2015, 06:33 PM
So they're going to fire Les?

Fuken idiots. They're going to be a **** program for 5+ years at least if they go down that road.

wildchild11
11-22-2015, 06:47 PM
Yep.

buckeyenutz
11-22-2015, 06:48 PM
Unaware?

TheThrill1
11-22-2015, 07:17 PM
Bro it's obviously the Bama hangover. That's what happens when you play basically an NFL caliber team, it just is so deflating after playing them. I mean, look what happened to LSU, who is obviously a top team in the country. That also happened to Ole Miss, who was obviously hung over after giving their all to Bama when they played a top notch Florida team and Memphis. A&M? They were getting first place voted before falling to the mighty Tide. Don't even get me started on Georgia....

Hopefully draft report cards won't throw them off this year in the playoffs. Or some gimmicky spread-fast paced offense, because those types of offenses are just dangerous to both the offense and defense.

buckeyenutz
11-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Bro it's obviously the Bama hangover. That's what happens when you play basically an NFL caliber team, it just is so deflating after playing them. I mean, look what happened to LSU, who is obviously a top team in the country. That also happened to Ole Miss, who was obviously hung over after giving their all to Bama when they played a top notch Florida team and Memphis. A&M? They were getting first place voted before falling to the mighty Tide. Don't even get me started on Georgia....

Hopefully draft report cards won't throw them off this year in the playoffs. Or some gimmicky spread-fast paced offense, because those types of offenses are just dangerous to both the offense and defense.

Apparently that hangover never applied to tOSU after playing Bama last season....

TheThrill1
11-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Apparently that hangover never applied to tOSU after playing Bama last season....
Ohio State and Tennessee seem to be immune. But did you see what happened to OU last season after playing them??

The_Standard
11-22-2015, 07:32 PM
Bro it's obviously the Bama hangover. That's what happens when you play basically an NFL caliber team

Please tell me this entire post is sarcasm...
If not, just LOL!

Fuken idiots. They're going to be a **** program for 5+ years at least if they go down that road.

Good for Les Miles if they fire him. He can take his $15 million and go coach Virginia Tech.

TheThrill1
11-22-2015, 07:40 PM
Please tell me this entire post is sarcasm...
If not, just LOL!

Good for Les Miles if they fire him. He can take his $15 million and go coach Virginia Tech.
Lol you serious?? Did you not see their brutal OOC schedule this year? They won that gauntlet by a combined 162-33

metafour
11-22-2015, 08:20 PM

You are clearly very lost as to the perks that that LSU program enjoys. They own a very strong football state with next to zero competition and have the inroads to go into Texas and Florida as well to land elite recruits. They've got an outstanding stadium, facilities, etc, etc, etc. If they fire Miles, they'll have coaches knocking down the door for that job. Rumor is that they'd go after Jimbo Fisher, and he'd probably listen given that there is knock turmoil between him and the administration at FSU.

Les Miles is a pretty good coach, but he is under-performing given the talent that he has had. He's been going down ever since the SEC West loaded up on coaches, with teams like Ole Miss now beating LSU.

The_Standard
11-22-2015, 08:23 PM
You are clearly very lost as to the perks that that LSU program enjoys. They own a very strong football state with next to zero competition and have the inroads to go into Texas and Florida as well to land elite recruits. They've got an outstanding stadium, facilities, etc, etc, etc. If they fire Miles, they'll have coaches knocking down the door for that job. Rumor is that they'd go after Jimbo Fisher, and he'd probably listen given that there is knock turmoil between him and the administration at FSU.

Les Miles is a pretty good coach, but he is under-performing given the talent that he has had. He's been going down ever since the SEC West loaded up on coaches, with teams like Ole Miss now beating LSU.

Yeah... But... Have you ever been to Louisiana?

DeshaunWatson
11-22-2015, 08:24 PM
Jimbo should go to LSU.. easier chance at getting to the CFBP since the SEC blows. Jimbo has no chance at beating Clemson for the next couple years.

neighborr
11-22-2015, 08:47 PM
Just lol @ these armchair Athletic Directors.

You guys don't seriously believe that Les Miles makes LSU, do you?

He's an honorable man who's underperforming and fails to update or innovate his game plans or coaching styles. Even Nick Saban realized this over the years. Les is actually one of the worst X's and O's coach I've ever seen (srs). He's a strong recruiter and calls some nice trick plays and that's about it.

I'm not naive enough to believe we won't go through some hurdles by bringing in a new staff, but at this point it's our only option. How many LSU games do people in this thread actually watch? If you know nothing about our team other than Leonard Fournette then don't bother commenting on our team's affairs.

Besides, Les looks dead inside. His post game interview answers are literally "idk what to do". That emergency room trip a few months back have really messed him up it seems.

TheBreadWinner
11-22-2015, 08:54 PM
in on roll tide thread

we natty championship now

TheStove123
11-22-2015, 09:36 PM
I hope they keep Les. He's entertaining at least, and he struggles to beat Alabama.

jeff_vangundy
11-22-2015, 09:41 PM
Louisiana is not talent rich state mate....wtf???

Think of a school like OSU who owns Ohio....Dat Dere is a good advantage. But, Louisana lmao. Hey I heard Arkansas owns Arkansas too....POWERHOUSE

dmoneythegoat
11-22-2015, 10:09 PM
Louisiana is not talent rich state mate....wtf???

Think of a school like OSU who owns Ohio....Dat Dere is a good advantage. But, Louisana lmao. Hey I heard Arkansas owns Arkansas too....POWERHOUSE
Not sure if srs. Louisiana is loaded w talent. Plus close proximity to Texas and florida

Baylorballs
11-22-2015, 10:20 PM
I tell u wut.... they lose to the Aggies this week and that's....1,2,3,4 in a row.

That might do it for him. But he'll end up with a sweet set up in a middle of the pack ACC team and do some damage just cause of his recruiting

OneWayFS
11-22-2015, 10:46 PM
Jimbo should go to LSU.. easier chance at getting to the CFBP since the SEC blows. Jimbo has no chance at beating Clemson for the next couple years.

lol u W0T like FSU is gonna give up Jimbo with out a fight. Unless he doesn't do well next year he isn't going anywhere, srs.

We'll gangbang Clemson next year.

Upshall18
11-22-2015, 10:50 PM
Les to The U

socrates07
11-23-2015, 05:29 AM
Les to The U

fuk no

if I want a good recruiter with an emphasis on defense then there's butch fuking davis

leafs43
11-23-2015, 05:56 AM
It wasn't the national championship so they don't care.

Isn't that the excuse for the SEC every time?

woody19
11-23-2015, 06:04 AM

Dabo is Bama bound as soon as Saban retires

lsiberian
11-23-2015, 06:13 AM
That's good news for Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St, Alabama, Auburn, and Texas A&M. Missouri has an opening that would be a fantastic pick up for them. He already beat Florida this year.

P51
11-23-2015, 09:19 AM

He's an honorable man who's underperforming and fails to update or innovate his game plans or coaching styles. Even Nick Saban realized this over the years. Les is actually one of the worst X's and O's coach I've ever seen (srs). He's a strong recruiter and calls some nice trick plays and that's about it.

I'm not naive enough to believe we won't go through some hurdles by bringing in a new staff, but at this point it's our only option. How many LSU games do people in this thread actually watch? If you know nothing about our team other than Leonard Fournette then don't bother commenting on our team's affairs.

Besides, Les looks dead inside. His post game interview answers are literally "idk what to do". That emergency room trip a few months back have really messed him up it seems.

You're very naive if you think you're going to be a top 10 program within the next 5 years without Les.

When great coaches leave (and do not say he isn't great) it takes years to build up. Look at yourself for example, before Saban you guys had 10+ years of whatever performances. Look at usc before Pete 20 years they spent as ****. Look at OSU before jim tressel. Currently look at nebraska and Texas.

You guys are going to be middle of the road teams for years and years if you get rid of Les. There are no top prospects who are waiting for lsu. You're best bet would be tom herman and take that risk.

woody19
11-23-2015, 09:24 AM
You're very naive if you think you're going to be a top 10 program within the next 5 years without Les.

When great coaches leave (and do not say he isn't great) it takes years to build up. Look at yourself for example, before Saban you guys had 10+ years of whatever performances. Look at usc before Pete 20 years they spent as ****. Look at OSU before jim tressel. Currently look at nebraska and Texas.

You guys are going to be middle of the road teams for years and years if you get rid of Les. There are no top prospects who are waiting for lsu. You're best bet would be tom herman and take that risk.

I think Herman would be a great fit. Louisiana produces talent everywhere except for traditional drop back qbs. Brandon Harris would be great in the spread option with Herman.

LSU would be a 1b type job to USC if not 1a. Talent rich state, passionate fan base, great facilities, good conference, etc. The only real downside is that you have to live in a swamp.

lsiberian
11-23-2015, 09:33 AM

Ohio State had great teams from 1996-98. Cooper just couldn't beat Michigan.

tdnick
11-23-2015, 09:37 AM
pls go Les so we can pick up a few recruits

neighborr
11-23-2015, 09:46 AM

Les Miles was a great coach. Other coaches have figured him out by now.

I would love Herman to be honest. Young enough to hand the keys to the program over and would make the best of the talent this state is drowning in. And according to reports, LSU would be going after heavy hitters. I don't think we'd settle for mediocrity here.

Hide ya coaches, hide ya coordinators

DeshaunWatson
11-23-2015, 09:48 AM
pls go Les so we can pick up a few recruits

lol, don't you over sign every year? How's that working out for you?

forever an SEC East bottom feeder. Pretty sad imo. One of the worst divisions in CFB besides the Coastal in the ACC.

BatteryBro42
11-23-2015, 10:05 AM

You guys are going to be pulling a Tennessee (Fulmer), it's disgraceful and really brings down the perception of the LSU job

As a Gator fan I have feared Miles more than any coach I can remember. If you fire him I am going to celebrate in the manner I do everytime UGA brings back Richt

You guys want to hire Jimbo? Lol

He was carried by Winston clear as ****ing day, he will be your Will Muschamp

BatteryBro42
11-23-2015, 10:07 AM
lol, don't you over sign every year? How's that working out for you?

forever an SEC East bottom feeder. Pretty sad imo. One of the worst divisions in CFB besides the Coastal in the ACC.

I admire your arrogance, but fear what may happen to you mentally should Clemson get exposed

BatteryBro42
11-23-2015, 10:09 AM
fuk no

if I want a good recruiter with an emphasis on defense then there's butch fuking davis

You guys should have a parade if you get Les Miles to your irrelevant program. You Miami fans are a bunch of idiots, your job is below the USF one at this point, and so is your program

tng83
11-23-2015, 10:09 AM
Wait a minute. People actually believe LSU is going to fire Les Miles? First, it's an 18 million dollar hit to the program. Second, after averaging 10 wins a season for a decade he is allowed to stumble with a very junior team. Losing to Bama took the wind out of the team's sail. There's no doubt they need to bounce back. But Les isn't going anywhere unless he wants to go somewhere.

jdo1
11-23-2015, 10:11 AM
Wait a minute. People actually believe LSU is going to fire Les Miles?
I heard on the radio this morning about the boosters are ready to move on and his $15million buyout wouldn't be a problem

BatteryBro42
11-23-2015, 10:11 AM

I would love Herman to be honest. Young enough to hand the keys to the program over and would make the best of the talent this state is drowning in. And according to reports, LSU would be going after heavy hitters. I don't think we'd settle for mediocrity here.

Aint nobody wants to go to LSU if they fire a coach who has the team in title contention each season. Who was job security

Would take the USCe job or the UGA job if it becomes available over LSU. People forget how irrelevant LSU was before Saban and Miles. They will head back that way if they are this stupid

tng83
11-23-2015, 10:16 AM
I heard on the radio this morning about the boosters are ready to move on and his $15million buyout wouldn't be a problem

Les will coach LSU next year. With more experience at just about every position (very few loses to the draft this year, for once) including QB this team is a shoe in for the SECW. Now, should he fail next year to impress then yes, Les might go with a mere 10 million dollar hit to the program.

stevedarsh
11-23-2015, 10:22 AM
ESPN- Just Now
A source tells Joe Schad "there is a very good possibility" LSU fires Les Miles by the end of the day.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/story/_/id/14204487/good-possibility-lsu-tigers-buyout-les-miles-contract-source

"In Louisiana, we expect national championships and we're not in it," the source said, adding that meetings are occurring Monday that could lead to a quick resolution.

YellowOnYellow
11-23-2015, 10:25 AM
I'll let some other source to confirm espn. They like to make up stupid stories.

neighborr
11-23-2015, 10:25 AM
Les will coach LSU next year. With more experience at just about every position (very few loses to the draft this year, for once) including QB this team is a shoe in for the SECW. Now, should he fail next year to impress then yes, Les might go with a mere 10 million dollar hit to the program.

....bro.....may want to tune in to ESPN2 in an hour.

Adam Schefter ********@AdamSchefter 11m11 minutes ago
A buyout of LSU coach Les Miles' contract is "a very good possibility," a high-ranking source tells @schadjoe.

ko5567
11-23-2015, 10:47 AM
in b4 rumors of Gruden going to LSU

I'll be glad to see Les leave, he has completely owned auburn.

tng83
11-23-2015, 10:55 AM
....bro.....may want to tune in to ESPN2 in an hour.

Adam Schefter ********@AdamSchefter 11m11 minutes ago
A buyout of LSU coach Les Miles' contract is "a very good possibility," a high-ranking source tells @schadjoe.

Oh I will. Inb4 Cam gets fired.

Edit.... Cam only has one game left on his contract. So the announcement will be that they are going to bring in an O coordinator and make changes to the scheme.

PervedOut
11-23-2015, 10:55 AM
10 win seasons arent enough? Thats Nebraska logic.

socrates07
11-23-2015, 11:13 AM
You guys should have a parade if you get Les Miles to your irrelevant program. You Miami fans are a bunch of idiots, your job is below the USF one at this point, and so is your program

3 sorry @ss coaches is the only reason UM hasn't won at least 8 maybe 9 championships at this point

your sorry @ss underachieving program is the real embarrassment

get mad b*tch

tng83
11-23-2015, 11:33 AM
In 4 news conference.

isp
11-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Who do they have to replace him? I really don't think he's the problem. Really just need a wizard to be OC/QB coach and just hand that person the keys to the offense.

woody19
11-23-2015, 12:16 PM
Who do they have to replace him? I really don't think he's the problem. Really just need a wizard to be OC/QB coach and just hand that person the keys to the offense.

Ed Ogeron huehuehuehue

BullStampede
11-23-2015, 01:34 PM

lol this. Jesus.

Thai_Clinch
11-23-2015, 01:37 PM

this is a solid possibility. FSU is gonna have to open those checkbooks. LSU will throw some money around for a coach. 15 for a buyout, what do you think they would pay for someone to actually coach ?

P51
11-23-2015, 02:20 PM
Also with Texas and usc opening up, wouldn't you take those before LSU? Both are far more prestigious and would pay the same if not better.

neighborr
11-23-2015, 02:32 PM
Also with Texas and usc opening up, wouldn't you take those before LSU? Both are far more prestigious and would pay the same if not better.

Far more prestigious? Yeah maybe if you're judging over the past 50 years but I doubt that's the coaches prime concern. LSU is the 4th wealthiest program in all of CFB and Louisiana is a hotbed of high school talent with no instate rival to compete with. USC has location and Texas may have more $$ but Texas especially is a dumpster fire with no end in sight.

Do you watch CFB that much?

woody19
11-23-2015, 02:38 PM
from 1960-to Nick Saban

3 10 win seasons

Les Miles

7 10 win seasons

Careful what you wish for. Could turn into USC or Tennessee really easily.

Bulldawgs64
11-23-2015, 02:41 PM
Far more prestigious? Yeah maybe if you're judging over the past 50 years but I doubt that's the coaches prime concern. LSU is the 4th wealthiest program in all of CFB and Louisiana is a hotbed of high school talent with no instate rival to compete with. USC has location and Texas may have more $$ but Texas especially is a dumpster fire with no end in sight.

Do you watch CFB that much?
Texas is the wealthiest. Texas along with Florida and California is the biggest recruiting hotbed. Throw cash at a good coach who can competently recruit and i guarantee hed take the job over LSU.

wildchild11
11-23-2015, 02:49 PM
CFB coaches are not a zero-sum entity...there isn't some super-coach floating out there with job offers from Texas, LSU and USC. Even if there was, he wouldn't say to himself "According to my College Football Index, the USC job provides me +35 Prestige Points, which would level me up and turn me into a CFB coach Master!!!! But Texas and LSU only provide +25"

It would depend on where he's comfortable (recruiting in which regions of the country), what conference he's in, who he's going up against and a bunch of other things.

By the way. Texas job isn't open.

CurryTech777
11-23-2015, 02:55 PM

hope the lakers win more than 10 so scott can keep his job

edit: USC will gladly take this grass eater

just no ***got spread offense

metafour
11-23-2015, 07:28 PM

Les Miles' SEC record the past three seasons is 13-10, with beatdowns to Arkansas in each of the past two seasons, and losses to Miss State and Ole Miss happening regularly now, etc, etc. This isn't just a "down year", they've been clearly declining, and it hasn't been a talent issue as they've been pumping out NFL draft picks this entire time. Its one thing for Alabama to beat you if you are LSU, but for Arkansas and company to be pushing you around, it is a problem.

Look, the reality of Les Miles' tenure is that his success came before the SEC West loaded up on coaches. Now Ole Miss and Miss State are a challenge for him. Arkansas plays virtually the same "style" of football and they've slapped LSU the past two years, which should NEVER happen given that LSU has access to 10x the talent.

tng83
11-23-2015, 07:58 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/11/23/9780960/les-miles-lsu-football-coaching-search-hot-seat

XFactah416
11-23-2015, 08:05 PM
Bigger concern for LSU is how the fukk they could never, EVER get a QB to be good since maybe Matt Flynn? Florida and LSU being potato at QB [although it looks like Florida has something with Will Grier] is something that is mind blowing given the amount of resources they have and all of the highly touted recruits that have come by.

Les will find another job somewhere because for all of his faults, I'd imagine the players love him.

tng83
11-23-2015, 08:12 PM
Bigger concern for LSU is how the fukk they could never, EVER get a QB to be good since maybe Matt Flynn? Florida and LSU being potato at QB [although it looks like Florida has something with Will Grier] is something that is mind blowing given the amount of resources they have and all of the highly touted recruits that have come by.

Les will find another job somewhere because for all of his faults, I'd imagine the players love him.

JaMarcus Russell, Matt Mauck, Matt Flynn, Zach Mettenberger. And Phillipe Frank's is commited. That's really not half bad.

PIMking13
11-23-2015, 08:13 PM
lol u W0T like FSU is gonna give up Jimbo with out a fight. Unless he doesn't do well next year he isn't going anywhere, srs.

We'll gangbang Clemson next year.

well FSU is in a terrible league where you have Clemson and that's it. LSU would have bama, TAMU, Florida every year!

metafour
11-23-2015, 08:22 PM
And Phillipe Frank's is commited.

He decommitted today. He's going to Florida bro.

metafour
11-23-2015, 08:26 PM

There is already turmoil between Fisher and the FSU AD. FSU can't match SEC money; and Jimbo isn't happy that he keeps losing assistants because he can't pay them enough. Jeremy Pruitt left FSU to go to ****-heap Georgia because FSU wouldn't pay him.

tng83
11-23-2015, 08:51 PM
He decommitted today. He's going to Florida bro.

Well fantastic

TheMarshall
11-23-2015, 09:12 PM
I sort of feel bad for LSU. First all of this rumble about Miles, and now losing Franks. He's visiting UF this weekend, and likely to recommit soon since he's supposed to be an early enrollee.

woody19
11-24-2015, 06:53 AM
Les Miles' SEC record the past three seasons is 13-10, with beatdowns to Arkansas in each of the past two seasons, and losses to Miss State and Ole Miss happening regularly now, etc, etc. This isn't just a "down year", they've been clearly declining, and it hasn't been a talent issue as they've been pumping out NFL draft picks this entire time. Its one thing for Alabama to beat you if you are LSU, but for Arkansas and company to be pushing you around, it is a problem.

Look, the reality of Les Miles' tenure is that his success came before the SEC West loaded up on coaches. Now Ole Miss and Miss State are a challenge for him. Arkansas plays virtually the same "style" of football and they've slapped LSU the past two years, which should NEVER happen given that LSU has access to 10x the talent.

2013 9 players to the draft
2014 9 players to the draft

Alot of these were Juniors, its hard to compete losing when you have a mass exodus of players each year. Happens to all the major programs, you become an NFL factory. 90% of USC, Bama, LSU, Texas, players think they are 3 and done type of guys. The fact that they have played so well for so long is amazing.

cncman
11-24-2015, 07:08 AM
He decommitted today. He's going to Florida bro.lol LSU >> Fl and that's not saying much at all. at least florida gets a legit passer once in a great while. LSU will forever never have one

tsbalr120
11-24-2015, 08:00 AM
Told LSU fans that this team was trash. Should have listened.

BatteryBro42
11-24-2015, 08:38 AM
Well fantastic

We Flarda now

BatteryBro42
11-24-2015, 08:40 AM
lol LSU >> Fl and that's not saying much at all. at least florida gets a legit passer once in a great while. LSU will forever never have one

Pretty sure Florida is a better program than LSU in just about any way measurable. Most appearances in the SEC title game...and been in the national title game 4/20 years. Better school academically by a wide margin, and better stadium

You guys had Les Miles, and that's what you had going for you

LSU is going to be the new Tennesee

JewishSuperHero
11-24-2015, 08:53 AM

Herman is probably waiting for the Texas job to open. He was a GA under Mack Brown there. If he was a little younger I could see LSU going after Art Briles.

lsiberian
11-24-2015, 09:16 AM
Herman is probably waiting for the Texas job to open. He was a GA under Mack Brown there. If he was a little younger I could see LSU going after Art Briles.

Strong just needs a QB and he's recruited like 3 of them. If Texas had a QB they'd be very dangerous.

DeshaunWatson
11-24-2015, 09:40 AM
Strong just needs a QB and he's recruited like 3 of them. If Texas had a QB they'd be very dangerous.

this and this.

Why can't we all agree on this? UT is a QB away from being a contender.

oh, and also a field goal kicker.

tng83
11-24-2015, 09:42 AM
Pretty sure Florida is a better program than LSU in just about any way measurable. Most appearances in the SEC title game...and been in the national title game 4/20 years. Better school academically by a wide margin, and better stadium

Not even gonna respond to this retardation.

BatteryBro42
11-24-2015, 09:49 AM
Not even gonna respond to this retardation.

It's 100 percent factual you guys have been living off your coaches who have been amazing in the last decade. Your program has been overachieving for a long time, and will regress towards the mean. You guys are not Alabama and you aren't Florida. This reminds me so much of when Fulmer was forced out by the spoiled Tennesee fans.

LSU thinks they are a whole lot nicer than they really are. They are one bad hire away from fading into complete mediocrity, and are not prestigious enough to recover easily from a stretch of mediocrity

tng83
11-24-2015, 10:41 AM
Just lol at you acting like Florida is on Alabama's level of the last several years. They won with Urban and Tebow and have been completely irrelevant since. What exactly makes you think that there is something inherently great about Florida? Just be glad you play in the East.

Calhexas
11-24-2015, 10:43 AM
L5U melts are my favorite

I'm like "LSU, hello?"
Seen our season tank soon as Nick came to our door
Henry had no chill, smacked us and got on a roll
Married to the losing, introduced it to the Grove
Fournette used to flip, and now his Heisman chances low
Bret's a trap game? now we need some aloe
Losses burnin us, team is looking so slow
Hot seat burning up, Les is still my boy though
Got 50, 60 plays, a hundred mistakes woah
Man, I used to love how voters work the damn poll
Puttin up duds, we be slipping so low
Everybody hating, They just jealous fans though
In love with the corndogs, I ain't ever letting go

StrapNScrap21
11-24-2015, 11:02 AM
L5U melts are my favorite

final score of the LSU-Ole Miss game: 17-38 http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/wow.png

wildchild11
11-24-2015, 11:28 AM

Florida football didnt exist before 1990.

swamp vs death valley = push, if not in lsu's favor

It's 100 percent factual you guys have been living off your coaches who have been amazing in the last decade. Your program has been overachieving for a long time, and will regress towards the mean. You guys are not Alabama and you aren't Florida.This reminds me so much of when Fulmer was forced out by the spoiled Tennesee fans.

Did you really try and sneak UF in that sentence? lmao

Florida just went through 4 ugly years in the last 5

STRONG projection by you, btw. A lot of what you've posted can just as easily be applied to UF. You're not a bad poster, but when you go full homer...

wildchild11
11-24-2015, 11:30 AM
LSU is here to stay. Top dog in a talent rich state. close proximity to Texas and other talent rich areas. Southern Mississippi is also part of its recruiting base.

LSU isn't going anywhere

danisdad
11-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Bama would probably block jimbo to lsu like they did his move to uab. :p

BatteryBro42
11-24-2015, 12:15 PM
Florida football didnt exist before 1990.

swamp vs death valley = push, if not in lsu's favor

Did you really try and sneak UF in that sentence? lmao

Florida just went through 4 ugly years in the last 5

STRONG projection by you, btw. A lot of what you've posted can just as easily be applied to UF. You're not a bad poster, but when you go full homer...

Florida has been the most successful SEC program since 1990 facts r facts

You want to talk about recruiting remind me again what state the University of FLORIDA is in. LSU recruits well above what they should because of Miles. He's a damn good coach, and they are being a bunch of spoiled fans over there.

LSU IMO is on par with Tennesee behind what are the crown gems of the SEC UF and Bama.

BatteryBro42
11-24-2015, 12:30 PM
Just lol at you acting like Florida is on Alabama's level of the last several years. They won with Urban and Tebow and have been completely irrelevant since. What exactly makes you think that there is something inherently great about Florida? Just be glad you play in the East.

It's like people forget that Florida has been just as dominant as Bama is now several times in the last 3 decades. It's like people don't realize that Florida has the coaches that recruited and built what Bama is today. It's like they think they can't recruit guys like Henry, Cooper and HaHa anymore even though they now coach in the same state where they came in an plucked those kids.

Power shift coming soon, maybe not in two weeks, but it's on its way.

wildchild11
11-24-2015, 12:34 PM
You want to talk about recruiting remind me again what state the University of FLORIDA is in. LSU recruits well above what they should because of Miles. He's a damn good coach, and they are being a bunch of spoiled fans over there. .

No one's denying lsu fans being spoiled or not spoiled, thats not what im arguing.
I'm saying

1) louisiana is a very talent rich state - most nfl players per population capita, I think i remember reading somewhere - and LSU basically has the whole talent base + south mississipi talent base to itself. Florida has to compete with FSU, Miami, plus a bunch of other schools fighting for scraps.

Always funny when people want to select an exact time period to fit their argument. LSU has had a long string of 10 win seasons and good teams through the 200's up til now. florida had meyer and now mcelwain, but also had zook and muschamp. Maybe its not as automatic to win there as you're saying.

LostHoudini
11-24-2015, 12:36 PM

You want to talk about recruiting remind me again what state the University of FLORIDA is in. LSU recruits well above what they should because of Miles. He's a damn good coach, and they are being a bunch of spoiled fans over there.

LSU IMO is on par with Tennesee behind what are the crown gems of the SEC UF and Bama.

I have to disagree bro. LSU is a top program just by looking at their past decade, record and the amount of NFL talent they put out. Having said that I don't understand the cluster**** LSU is going through to buyout Miles. That's just crazy talk. The problem is now they can't look back because Miles will just be looking over their shoulder.

Curious to the LSU bros, who do you guys have lined up already? Is it going to be Jimbo? I don't see how LSU has all of this get out and goes through buying out Miles' contract unless they already have a deal in place or close to it. There is no way to turn back on this situation now.

BatteryBro42
11-24-2015, 12:39 PM
No one's denying lsu fans being spoiled or not spoiled, thats not what im arguing.
I'm saying

1) louisiana is a very talent rich state - most nfl players per population capita, I think i remember reading somewhere - and LSU basically has the whole talent base + south mississipi talent base to itself. Florida has to compete with FSU, Miami, plus a bunch of other schools fighting for scraps.

Always funny when people want to select an exact time period to fit their argument. LSU has had a long string of 10 win seasons and good teams through the 200's up til now. florida had meyer and now mcelwain, but also had zook and muschamp. Maybe its not as automatic to win there as you're saying.

Zook and Muschamp have proven to be pretty damn bad as coaches. Spurrior, Meyer, and now Mac don't seem to have an issue.

Basically if you can run a somewhat compentent offense at Florida you can win. They have never lacked for personal in my lifetime at least.

LSU is in ****ing Louisiana god forbid they miss on a hire like Florida did twice since 2001, they won't recover. Kids would much rather play elsewhere if there isn't a coach they know can get them to the league like Miles has proven

BatteryBro42
11-24-2015, 12:41 PM
I have to disagree bro. LSU is a top program just by looking at their past decade, record and the amount of NFL talent they put out. Having said that I don't understand the cluster**** LSU is going through to buyout Miles. That's just crazy talk. The problem is now they can't look back because Miles will just be looking over their shoulder.

Curious to the LSU bros, who do you guys have lined up already? Is it going to be Jimbo? I don't see how LSU has all of this get out and goes through buying out Miles' contract unless they already have a deal in place or close to it. There is no way to turn back on this situation now.

If they hire Jimbo I'm going to throw a ****ing party. He's a complete lemon of a coach, got carried by the GOAT Jameis

LSU is what they are due to 2 amazing coaches. They really need to take a step back and realize what in the **** they are actually doing.

Already lost their QB of the future in Franks

tng83
11-24-2015, 12:50 PM
If Les Miles wasn't LSUs coach and LSU was still in this position hed be at the top of the list of coaches to hire. Les isnt going anywhere.

lsiberian
11-24-2015, 01:00 PM
How did a thread about LSU turn into one about Florida? Yes, Florida has had some great teams. But talking that line after Florida Atlantic nearly beats you is silly.

neighborr
11-24-2015, 01:14 PM

Pretty retarded to be ranking CFB programs by prestige, but since you went there...

http://campusinsiders.com/news/ap-college-football-rankings-the-greatest-teams-of-all-time-08-23-2015

LSU #11
UF #17

http://fansided.com/2014/10/18/50-greatest-college-football-programs-time-statistically-ranked/5/

LSU #13
UF #20

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4649685-best-college-football-programs-since-2000-ohio-state-usc-alabama-fsu-oklahoma/slide/338562

LSU #6
UF #7

Also:

-Death Valley > the swamp; pretty sure this is widely recognized
-You play in the SEC least which has been largely trash since Peyton Manning left
-academic prestige matters exactly 0% when addressing CFB programs
-Quit hanging your hat on what happened in the '90s
-Besides your great hire in Urban and recruiting the GOAT CFB player (tebow), you've sucked this past decade and a half
-LSU literally owns your soul since 2010 (won 5 of the past 6 meetings)

Everyone disagrees with you. Quit being a flaming homer.

tng83
11-24-2015, 01:56 PM
Pretty retarded to be ranking CFB programs by prestige, but since you went there...

http://campusinsiders.com/news/ap-college-football-rankings-the-greatest-teams-of-all-time-08-23-2015

LSU #11
UF #17

http://fansided.com/2014/10/18/50-greatest-college-football-programs-time-statistically-ranked/5/

LSU #13
UF #20

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4649685-best-college-football-programs-since-2000-ohio-state-usc-alabama-fsu-oklahoma/slide/338562

LSU #6
UF #7

Also:

-You play in the SEC least which has been largely trash since Peyton Manning left
-Besides your great hire in Urban and recruiting the GOAT CFB player (tebow), you've sucked this past decade and a half

Lmao rekt

BatteryBro42
11-24-2015, 02:12 PM

LSU #11
UF #17

LSU #13
UF #20

LSU #6
UF #7

Also:

So who has the most SEC titles since we've been playing the title game? Just curious

And like it has been said in the thread Florida was hardly relevant and usually on probabtion until the 90s

Mind telling my the split in national and SEC titles over the last decade and a half when we have been so irrelevant?

If you would like to pretend the Muschamp era is the norm for Florida go right on ahead, you'll feel pretty stupid after you see what Mac does.

So bitter that we took Franks lel he will look great in Orange and Blue

And the Swamp has long been recognized the toughest place to play in the game. The only reason death valey gets hype is because how nasty and rowdy drunk people from Lousiana get when its a night game and they have been drinking natty since 8 am

tng83
11-24-2015, 02:14 PM
So who has the most SEC titles since we've been playing the title game? Just curious

And like it has been said in the thread Florida was hardly relevant and usually on probabtion until the 90s

Florida has a cake walk to the SEC title game compare to LSU. TAMU came to the SECW and struggled. Mizzou went to the East and rekt shiit.

BatteryBro42
11-24-2015, 02:40 PM
Florida has a cake walk to the SEC title game compare to LSU. TAMU came to the SECW and struggled. Mizzou went to the East and rekt shiit.

Well idk how that's relevant to what I've said. Florida has not been to Atlanta since 2009, and still have the most SEC championship game wins

wildchild11
11-24-2015, 02:45 PM
And the Swamp has long been recognized the toughest place to play in the game.

No it hasn't.

woody19
11-24-2015, 02:50 PM
No it hasn't.

The Swamp is the toughest place to watch a game.

http://images1.browardpalmbeach.com/imager/18-reasons-why-gators-fans-are-the-worst/u/original/6471361/gator_fan_mullet.png

kbrown225
11-24-2015, 04:20 PM
Nick Saban is GOAT. They should've found a way to keep him before he left

BatteryBro42
11-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Since the SEC championship game was introduced in 1992 Florida has appeared 10 times and won 7 titles

LSU has appeared 5 times and won 4 titles

But hey keep telling me that LSU is a bigger power player in this conference

Here they are since 1992

2001 SEC Nick Saban 10–3
2003 SEC Nick Saban 13–1
2007 SEC Les Miles 12–2
2011 SEC Les Miles 13-1

LSU was not **** before Saban and Miles, and they won't be **** if they decide to be stupid enough to move on from Les

LSU needs to appreciate what they have, they have the number 1 class in the nation at the moment, and their coach is the entire reason why. Say what you about Les, but there is not a coach in this conference I respect and fear more than him.

It is time for LSU to bring in a gimmick type offense like Florida had under Meyer, and Auburn has had. They cannot seem to run a pro-style scheme no matter what talent they have. The always have a dual threat QB, should be catering towards that

TheThrill1
11-24-2015, 08:39 PM
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Bob-Stoops-issues-warning-to-LSU-fans-who-want-Les-Miles-out-41338968

Listen to Bobby.