PDA

View Full Version : 4WEEKS2SHRED - Grilling Meat Without Oil?

xenoacid
11-20-2015, 02:02 AM
Hi guys!

I'm about to start Kris Gethin's '4WEEKS2SHRED' program next week. This will be my first time cutting, so I need a little help.

According to the nutritional plan, I have to eat Grilled Chicken and Grilled Steak everyday. The only fats I will be getting are the natural occurring fats through the meat. That means I can't use any type of oil.

I have recently bought a Cast Iron Chargrill, but how do I grill the meat without any oil?

Thank you!

jampottt
11-20-2015, 02:33 AM
Why not just follow the "cutting rule" of cutting 20% of your TDEE calories and monitoring your progress that way?

The predetermined meal plans and diets are awful, bland and broey. If you just adopt the above philosophy you don't have to eat Chicken & Steak every day (unless you want to). Just hit your calories and macros and the weight should drop off as you'd expect in a cut.

xenoacid
11-20-2015, 02:41 AM
Why not just follow the "cutting rule" of cutting 20% of your TDEE calories and monitoring your progress that way?

The predetermined meal plans and diets are awful, bland and broey. If you just adopt the above philosophy you don't have to eat Chicken & Steak every day (unless you want to). Just hit your calories and macros and the weight should drop off as you'd expect in a cut.

I actually don't mind eating Chicken and Steak everyday. I have been bulking since I started working out. I weighed 120 lbs when I started and I am now 174 lbs. I was gaining steadily, but recently overdid it (dirty bulk) and ended up with an increased waist size. I just want to get rid of the belly fat and make my gains more prominent, so thought to follow this 4 week plan, so that I can get back to bulking (CLEAN bulking this time).

shaneinga
11-20-2015, 02:59 AM
I actually don't mind eating Chicken and Steak everyday. I have been bulking since I started working out. I weighed 120 lbs when I started and I am now 174 lbs. I was gaining steadily, but recently overdid it (dirty bulk) and ended up with an increased waist size. I just want to get rid of the belly fat and make my gains more prominent, so thought to follow this 4 week plan, so that I can get back to bulking (CLEAN bulking this time).

Which is precisely why you should follow the advice given to you by the previous poster.

Learn how to eat. Start tracking your macros, counting calories, etc. The term clean means little if you have no idea what your TDEE is and how many calories a day you need to eat above or below to meet your goal. Diet "plans" are a quick way to spin your wheels and keep you guessing on how to succeed.

Read the stickies on nutrition. They are there for a reason.

dest0
11-20-2015, 03:57 AM
How do you know the nutritional plan in this program would work for YOU and YOUR caloric requirements?

You can cook with/without oil based on your preference and your macros, not because a certain nutritional program tells you not to.

Start here by reading and understanding how to calculate your calories and macros:

Calculating calories & macronutrients (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183)

xenoacid
11-20-2015, 04:07 AM
Which is precisely why you should follow the advice given to you by the previous poster.

Learn how to eat. Start tracking your macros, counting calories, etc. The term clean means little if you have no idea what your TDEE is and how many calories a day you need to eat above or below to meet your goal. Diet "plans" are a quick way to spin your wheels and keep you guessing on how to succeed.

Read the stickies on nutrition. They are there for a reason.

How do you know the nutritional plan in this program would work for YOU and YOUR caloric requirements?

You can cook with/without oil based on your preference and your macros, not because a certain nutritional program tells you not to.

Thank you guys. Yes, I have read the stickies and started counting calories since a month now. But I've been on maintainance and now plan to cut.

Would appreciate though if anyone of you could guide me how to make grilled chicken/steak without oil.

Thanks again!

dest0
11-20-2015, 04:30 AM
With chicken you can use a George Foreman grill.

With steak (Rib-eye, sirloin, etc...) you just slam it on the pan and flip over every minute and it comes out nicely.

Or you can put it in a grill and do the same.

xenoacid
11-20-2015, 04:41 AM

With steak (Rib-eye, sirloin, etc...) you just slam it on the pan and flip over every minute and it comes out nicely.

Or you can put it in a grill and do the same.

I have a cast iron grill. Wouldn't it stick without oil?

dest0
11-20-2015, 04:45 AM
I have a cast iron grill. Wouldn't it stick without oil?

Haven't tried it, give it a try and report back..or add a little bit of oil......................

desslok
11-20-2015, 05:03 AM
Just follow the seasoning instructions before first use. You can google how to do it or your instructions may have. Once seasoned you don't need oil.

shaneinga
11-20-2015, 06:06 AM
I use my ovens broiler to cook my chicken. Season with a what ever seasoning you want, throw in a glass oven safe pan, turn on broiler and put the oven rack high so it is near the broiler, broil for 7 minutes, flip and broil for another 6 minutes. I like to season mine before I go to work by throwing them in a plastic bag with seasoning and putting in the refrigerator while I am away.

Obviously how thick of cuts the chicken breasts are will vary your cooking times.

Steak, throw those bad boys on a grill if you want to use no oil.

It will stick to a cast iron grill if you cook without oil. Put olive oil in hot pan, throw your seasoned steaks on, I use salt and pepper, and cook it to your preference. Make sure you let the steak rest for at least 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into it.

Follow instructions on cleaning on your cast iron skillet, and seasoning it prior to using. You don't want to put it in the dishwasher when you are done cooking on it. The more you cook on it, the more flavor you will get out it.

ironwill2008
11-20-2015, 06:14 AM
Kris Gethin's '4WEEKS2SHRED' program

Oh, good grief.

Not another bull**** 'cut' program from that guy. :(

shaneinga
11-20-2015, 06:50 AM
Oh, good grief.

Not another bull**** 'cut' program from that guy. :(

This time it will only take 4 weeks to get shredded. Going at this rate, his next program will be one day to shred. That one should have the masses really going crazy over it.

aman88
11-20-2015, 06:57 AM
It is easy to cook meat without oil... I bake chicken in the oven... no oil needed. Also, even leaner steaks tend to have enough fat in them that they should not stick to the pan when you cook.

OT2000
11-20-2015, 10:04 AM
Steaks have enough fat to not need any oil in the pan. Plus the salt/pepper seasonings help it not to stick.

Chicken is a little tougher if it's skin off breast. Season it liberally as the seasonings help it to not stick.

Other part is a cast iron pan needs to be seasoned itself. Proper seasoning of a cast iron can really make a difference in sticking or not.

ironwill2008
11-20-2015, 11:12 AM
Spent a minute on that guy's site, looking at the plan.

Just as I expected from him, it's another 6-day split, and the nutrition "plan" is the usual bro, 'egg whites/chicken/broccoli/6 times a day,' but what's even worse is his admonition to stay completely away from all dietary fat intake other than what's in a piece of steak.

Seriously, OP, you'd do well to stay completely away from anything that guy recommends.

Jcart159
11-20-2015, 11:47 AM
Just as I expected from him, it's another 6-day split, and the nutrition "plan" is the usual bro, 'egg whites/chicken/broccoli/6 times a day,' but what's even worse is his admonition to stay completely away from all dietary fat intake other than what's in a piece of steak.

We should make a "heathly fat" supplement to start selling.

inb4 someone steals my million dollar idea.

mikenorwood961
11-20-2015, 01:02 PM

Or you can put it in a grill and do the same.repped for being the first person to answer OPs question.

ecominetti
11-20-2015, 01:22 PM
We should make a "heathly fat" supplement to start selling.

inb4 someone steals my million dollar idea.if you see the "hate" XF UP gets, you would know that it wouldn't work

Jazzer16
11-20-2015, 02:11 PM
Spent a minute on that guy's site, looking at the plan.

Seriously, OP, you'd do well to stay completely away from anything that guy recommends.

Why the hate for the guy? Serious question. I always enjoyed his attitude towards working out and most of his workouts.

MetilHed
11-20-2015, 02:48 PM
Why the hate for the guy? Serious question. I always enjoyed his attitude towards working out and most of his workouts.

The post you quoted should give you your first clue.

ErikTheElectric
11-20-2015, 09:44 PM
FYI OP: You should get on a real program.

desslok
11-20-2015, 09:55 PM
repped for being the first person to answer OPs question.

Strong reading comprehension...