PDA

View Full Version : Cause for alarm?

wsteve30
11-16-2015, 12:41 PM
For 3 weeks I was eating at 2300-2400 calories per day. Weight fluctuated a lot, but in the end it was about the same as when I started. I was setting some PRs in the gym and thought I was noticing some muscle definition, so I figured I might be in a surplus, albeit maybe a minor one.

I took off around 300 calories to 2000-2100 and my weight has absolutely plummeted (yesterday almost 5.5 lbs, currently 3.3). What the heck is going on?

I still seem to be hitting my maxes as before and waist size has decreased quite a bit. Could the weight loss be mostly fat?

jer546
11-16-2015, 02:43 PM
I imagine your goal is to cut right now.

How long have you been eating at a reduced rate of 300 calories?

What is your macros at the moment?

What is your hydration like?

Water retention, glycogen levels, and the amount of cardio and weight lifting in conjunction may all be issues for you.

wsteve30
11-16-2015, 03:59 PM
I imagine your goal is to cut right now.

How long have you been eating at a reduced rate of 300 calories?

What is your macros at the moment?

What is your hydration like?

Water retention, glycogen levels, and the amount of cardio and weight lifting in conjunction may all be issues for you.

Been working out for months pretty intense, 5x a week or so. Been trying the IIFYM for the last 3 and a half weeks. All in all I didn't lose any weight, despite fluctuations. Was at 2300-2400 calories. Gained muscle I believe. Only 3 days since I started eating 2000-2100 and I've already lost 5 1/2 in 3 days! Two weightlifting sessions, no cardio. Other than reducing calories, not much has changed other than getting less sleep than I normally do.

Water weight loss? Who knows, my carbs have gone down 63 grams but as far as sodium goes, might be down a little bit but I haven't been trying to reduce it. Maybe the reduction in carbs has caused a drop in water weight?

LeeBaa
11-16-2015, 04:39 PM
For 3 weeks I was eating at 2300-2400 calories per day. Weight fluctuated a lot, but in the end it was about the same as when I started. I was setting some PRs in the gym and thought I was noticing some muscle definition, so I figured I might be in a surplus, albeit maybe a minor one.

I took off around 300 calories to 2000-2100 and my weight has absolutely plummeted (yesterday almost 5.5 lbs, currently 3.3). What the heck is going on?

I still seem to be hitting my maxes as before and waist size has decreased quite a bit. Could the weight loss be mostly fat?

Don't worry. It's just water and glycogen. Don't view your weight daily. It can change a lot and can disorder you.