PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this nutrition to reach goal?

A729R
11-13-2015, 05:22 AM
Hello! I'm doing my second round of P90x3. I'm 27 male, 167 lbs, about 18% bf. Goal is 10%. I am just finishing up week 3 in block 1, going into recovery. I've been embracing the nutrition plan... eating as many whole foods as possible, high protein, moderate carbs, low good fats, etc. However, I'd like to run the nutrition through the forum and see if there's anything that sticks out as not being optimal?

Breakfast:
Egg/Cheese on Bagel... 1 whole egg, 1 egg white, 1 swiss cheese, on a black russian bagel (wegmans).
Raw Meal Shake (20 protein, 130 calories, very low carbs / fat)

Snack:
Plain greek yogurt, apple
OR
Avacado, nuts

Lunch:
Serving of grain, (i.e. Whole wheat pasta w/ sauce)
Salad w/ tofu + italian dressing
Various vegetables (carrots, cauliflower)

Snack:
Nuts or a fruit

Snack when home from work:
Protein Shake (Dymatize All Natural)... 25g protein, no carb / fats, etc with water.

Dinner:
Serving of grain (quinoa, whole wheat pasta)
Various vegetables

Snack before bed:
Vegetables and red pepper hummus
1 beer

There it is, I usually stick to those main things, but vary them when I can. Always hit the 2100 calories (or lately it's been slightly under) Never over by more than 50 or 100 ... very rarely. Maybe one cheat meal a week (pizza on a friday? couple extra drinks here and there...) Usually drink 120oz+ water / day and that's almost my only liquid (except occasional drink(s) here and there).

Anything stick out as majorly hindering progress? Anything I could switch out? Change? Add? Am I on the right track?

Thanks!

EBarbz
11-13-2015, 05:25 AM
Hows that Tofu?
Honestly looks good. As long as your in a calorie deficit you will see progress.

Also drop the beer every night

A729R
11-13-2015, 05:28 AM
Hah, after eating 'clean' for about 10 months now... the tofu actually tastes quite yummy. Almost like a 'chicken' replacer. Oh, and I didn't mention in the original post I am a vegetarian... so that's why there's no meat in there for the protein, unfortunately.

Hows that Tofu?
Honestly looks good. As long as your in a calorie deficit you will see progress.

Also drop the beer every night

ShyGuyXS
11-13-2015, 06:31 AM
To get a better sense of whether your intake is good, post height, weight, maintenance/TDEE (can estimate it using Calculating Calories and Macronutrients (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183)), then protein/carb/fat intake (in grams) and calorie intake.

2100 calories seems to make sense on a cut at your stats but it's hard to tell without more information. Food choices seem sensible aside from the fact that I personally don't drink. ;)

A729R
11-13-2015, 06:52 AM
I'm 5'8, 168 lbs. I used the link you supplied and used BOTH formulas and here were my results:

The first formula (TEE w/ NO activity factor) I got between 2350-2700.
The second formula (#3 Katch-McArdle WITH activity factor accounted for...) I got 1935 BMR, and 2900 with accounting for activity (1.5, moderate life + moderate activity ... P90x3 skipping yoga and dymanix... so 5 days/week good exercise).

My calorie intake is around 2100. So between the two formulas, I'm in a deficit somewhere between 250-800 calories? lol I'm not sure on protein / carb / fat breakdown on all my foods. I'm aiming for as much protein as possible while keeping carbs / fats as low as possible. I never can hit my total protein, and my carbs are always slightly higher than i'd like them to be, unfortunately. I've never religiously kept track of them though.

To get a better sense of whether your intake is good, post height, weight, maintenance/TDEE (can estimate it using ), then protein/carb/fat intake (in grams) and calorie intake.

2100 calories seems to make sense on a cut at your stats but it's hard to tell without more information. Food choices seem sensible aside from the fact that I personally don't drink. ;)