PDA

View Full Version : Hunger

DyVium
11-11-2015, 02:55 PM
So i still get relatively hungry between meals and im on 3250 calories at the moment

I eat 6 meals a day so everything is spread throughout the day

Today i binge ate around 4600 calories

Will this binge effect much?
I really needed to satisfy my hunger for once D:

ShyGuyXS
11-11-2015, 03:00 PM
No, not really. In the long-term, the impact will be next to nothing.

However, you may need to re-evaluate your plan if you're not feeling properly satisfied throughout the day. For instance, you could try to have 3-4 larger meals instead of six smaller meals and see if that helps.

DGMan99
11-11-2015, 03:09 PM
You answered your own question.

Stop eating 6 meals a day and eat 3 meals twice as large.

Lacking common sense?

DyVium
11-11-2015, 03:20 PM
You answered your own question.

Stop eating 6 meals a day and eat 3 meals twice as large.

Lacking common sense?

And be hungry for a longer period of tinme???? i tried it already mate, i eat a hell of a lot and i dont know why because some people cry about stuffing 3300 calories and im here wanting to eat more

Domicron
11-11-2015, 03:29 PM
i dont know why because some people cry about stuffing 3300 calories and im here wanting to eat more

i know rite? every person is exactly the same so why do people have different appetites?

i'm guessing your appetite problems are due to a combination of meal frequency, diet composition, and your lifestyle.

eat less often, eat foods that fill you up more and keep you full longer, and stay busy between meals.

ShyGuyXS
11-11-2015, 05:16 PM
And be hungry for a longer period of tinme????

Seconding Domi's advice here.

Try including more volume and satiating foods (veggies along with protein and fat sources for example). That may help keep you fuller for longer.

DyVium
11-11-2015, 05:30 PM
i know rite? every person is exactly the same so why do people have different appetites?

i'm guessing your appetite problems are due to a combination of meal frequency, diet composition, and your lifestyle.

eat less often, eat foods that fill you up more and keep you full longer, and stay busy between meals.

I wasn't implying that, i am just surprised how my appetite is this big i thought id be finding it hard to eat this much

magician27
11-11-2015, 05:48 PM
And be hungry for a longer period of tinme???? i tried it already mate, i eat a hell of a lot and i dont know why because some people cry about stuffing 3300 calories and im here wanting to eat more

if you get your body used 6 meals, then you get more hungry, thats what i experienced too, get used to eating less frquent

Ripper908
11-11-2015, 05:55 PM
drink lots of water after youre done a meal

what kinds of foods are you eating to make up your cals? try lower calorie foods so you get more quantity

AustinRCraig
11-11-2015, 09:01 PM
One thing I have found helps with the hunger is sleep: when I don't get enough, i'm hungrier more often. Try getting more sleep to keep the cravings/binges to a minimum

dest0
11-12-2015, 04:24 AM
Oats, lentils, vegetables are quite filling!

likeafish
11-12-2015, 07:47 AM
Maybe you need more than 3300?
Maybe you aren't tracking accurately and eating less than that?
Is that your maintenance or above/below it?

EBarbz
11-12-2015, 07:50 AM
I eat one large meal at night to control my appetite.
Drink lots of water.
If you do cardio....settle it down.
Stay active throughout the day/night. Don't get bored.

JRNY2FIT
11-12-2015, 08:06 AM
Can you post a sample day of meals for your current diet? Also what are you goals for the nutrition program you have started? If you are attempting to gain lean muscle you may need to increase your daily caloric intake and add some volume to those meals. If your body is hungry it is normally a derivative of insulation variation in the body, and you may be eating foods that are to highly saturated with sugars and this could potentially cause "hunger" cravings between your meals. The switch to higher density fibrous foods could also have a dramatic impact on daily hunger. If you insist on keeping simple carbs in your meals try adding some flax seeds to them. I know from others I have recommended this to it works very well. Say you are eating white rice and you feel your body is digesting it too quickly. Try adding flax seed to the rice just before eating it, and see you your body reacts to the change. Make sure you add enough to make a difference though, as just a sprinkle will not do the trick, normally a tablespoon or two is needed. Good luck with this I hope everything works out for you.

danfleysher
11-12-2015, 10:25 AM
As some people have stated, get more proteins, fats, and fiber into your system. They dissolve slowly and keep you full longer. I'm on a calorie deficit and am never hungry, sometimes forcing myself to eat. 70% of my calories come from fat.

nakedmancow
11-12-2015, 11:09 AM
So i still get relatively hungry between meals and im on 3250 calories at the moment

I eat 6 meals a day so everything is spread throughout the day

Today i binge ate around 4600 calories

Will this binge effect much?
I really needed to satisfy my hunger for once D:

Increase your fiber intake with more vegetables or maybe try adding casein.

Skwaats
11-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Op we need three things from you..

1. Current macros
2. Foods you typically eat to fill those macros
3. Current body weight and trend of that body weight the last month.

TotalCoaching
11-12-2015, 02:59 PM
Drink more water, eat more filling foods such as protein, stick to complex carbs and avoid simple ones (they take longer for your body to use so you'll stay full for longer.) But, yes, more information on what you currently eat would be really helpful.

allrnder
11-12-2015, 05:20 PM
Tools people use to help this.

- Intermediate fasting
- Eating mostly only protein and fats in the morning
- Eating first meal at lunch or just before.

Hormones can be effected hence why this can work.

Or eat more volumetric foods like green vegetables.

ErikTheElectric
11-12-2015, 09:32 PM
^ Wouldn't necessarily recommend IFing if OP has frequent binges.

OP: I would look at the micro and macronutrient breakdown of your diet and make changes. Do you diet restrictively?

allrnder
11-12-2015, 09:50 PM

OP: I would look at the micro and macronutrient breakdown of your diet and make changes. Do you diet restrictively?

Well if IF helps him reduce calories for 5 days of the week. Then binges for 2 days a week and it puts him at maintenance. It is better then being hungry every day and eating a surplus every day.

If he finds it works them cool. If not, don't bother.

ErikTheElectric
11-12-2015, 10:49 PM
Well if IF helps him reduce calories for 5 days of the week. Then binges for 2 days a week and it puts him at maintenance. It is better then being hungry every day and eating a surplus every day.

If he finds it works them cool. If not, don't bother.

But then he'd still be... binging.

The thing about intermittent fasting is that going large amounts of time without eating (especially in those who have binging issues) ----> Binge/Restrict cycles.

allrnder
11-13-2015, 12:31 AM
But then he'd still be... binging.

The thing about intermittent fasting is that going large amounts of time without eating (especially in those who have binging issues) ----> Binge/Restrict cycles.

Well I have found with clients that people binge due to restriction of delicious foods and due to hunger. a way to help avoid hunger can be IF. And they can still eat their delicious foods. They can eat two large meals a day and class that as their binge and still lose weight.

However I have had one guy where he couldn't help himself. He was also on medication for PTSD and depression which did not help him.

But Hey, He might find it works. If not then don't do it.

ExpatAussie
11-13-2015, 01:12 AM
OP, 1st question is what do you mean by hungry? Might sound like a stupid question but there's a few kinds:

* Stomach was empty/rumbling
* Low blood sugar, i.e. calorie/energy deprived
* Craving food
* Craving a particular kind of food, e.g. fats, sugar, etc
* Bored/depressed/etc

The way to deal with it depends on what you're experiencing, and people say "hungry" for a lot of different feelings.

That said, one easy fix (if you can do it) is: when you're about to binge buy a large tin of tuna in spring water (not flavoured, not in oil, not in brine). It's full of good protein and it's damn filling. If you're genuinely "hungry" you should have no problem downing it. Wait 30 minutes, still hungry, eat another one.

Make room in your macros for as many tins as you need a day, each tin is about 30g of protein so most people on recommended macros can eat 3-4 tins and still have room for some other protein sources. This is food that isn't that interesting so you won't eat it for fun, it's filling, chock full of protein, and it doesn't cause your hunger to spike a few hours later.

Try it.

ExpatAussie
11-13-2015, 01:17 AM

If can work in this kind of case actually. It shrinks your stomach, which helps control binging, and it gets you used to not constantly having contents in your stomach. Also if OP is genuinely hungry he is probably eating a really simple set of carbs, making his blood sugar dip quickly after eating. IF seems to result in a more even response on the non-fast days. That said, you need the attitude that you have fasting days and then normal days, not fasting days and binge days.

nakkiz
11-13-2015, 01:41 AM
If can work in this kind of case actually. It shrinks your stomach, which helps control binging, and it gets you used to not constantly having contents in your stomach. Also if OP is genuinely hungry he is probably eating a really simple set of carbs, making his blood sugar dip quickly after eating. IF seems to result in a more even response on the non-fast days. That said, you need the attitude that you have fasting days and then normal days, not fasting days and binge days.
[citation needed]

ExpatAussie
11-13-2015, 01:54 AM
[citation needed]

Don't think you need a citation for this, have you ever tried IF? Mind you I mean that you'll feel fuller quicker when you eat, this is a colloquial expression and I don't believe it actually describes physically what occurs. But I do know that after fasting I feel full much faster when I eat.

allrnder
11-13-2015, 03:04 AM
Don't think you need a citation for this, have you ever tried IF? Mind you I mean that you'll feel fuller quicker when you eat, this is a colloquial expression and I don't believe it actually describes physically what occurs. But I do know that after fasting I feel full much faster when I eat.

Yeah I don't think that is true dude. Think about it. If you do it for 6 months and it shrinks your stomach. Will your stomach be the size of grape in 6 months? No. People like citations to see where you got that information from. So they know you are not making it up.

IF is more largely due to hormones and a personal preference IMO.