PDA

View Full Version : What are some good exercises to build bigger traps?

Avalos29
11-09-2015, 08:10 AM
I have concentrated a lot of my time working on my traps and haven't seen any improvement. I do the same workouts are they certain workout I should do that will focus more on my traps?

AlphaProExpert
11-09-2015, 02:35 PM
For whatever reason traps seem to be very easily developed by most bodybuilders and often time their over=development coul dbe an issue if your clavicle are short hence hindering the appearance of width.

Barbell shrugs where you are trying to touch your ears with your delts is probably the best overall exercise for packing on that mass in the trapezius. It is a pure trap movement. Upright rows can also be good but consider the lateral delt is in play of course.

Try 3 sets of shrugs to exhaustions every-time you train either delts or upper back. Make sure you are super warmed ups because on shrugs you can probably really pack on the weight and if you jerk it around too much you could have lower back and shoulder problems.

pinoyballa
02-10-2016, 10:28 PM
Dumbbell shrugs and barbell behind the back shrugs work for me. Work on keeping the head neutral and focus on contracting the muscle. Slow up and slow down. Good luck!