PDA

View Full Version : Tackles in football

bboyyomama
11-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Are wrestling (freestyle, not wwe) and judo throws allowed in football? Like double legs, hip tosses, firemen carry, inside trips, etc.

mabidi
11-07-2015, 06:50 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/mario-williams-super-slam-against-bills-2.gif?w=1000

Howiester
11-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Legit saw Justin Tuck give Chris Ivory a Rock Bottom last week

bboyyomama
11-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Mabidi, did that guy get a penalty afterwards?

bboyyomama
11-07-2015, 06:58 PM
Legit saw Justin Tuck give Chris Ivory a Rock Bottom last week

Did he get a penalty

mabidi
11-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Mabidi, did that guy get a penalty afterwards?

nope legal play

Howiester
11-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Did he get a penalty

nope legal play

jacklambert58
11-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Anything goes in normal open field tackling except grabbing the facemask and/or horse collaring.

bboyyomama
11-07-2015, 07:04 PM
nope legal play

That's cool then. That was a very good double leg takedown. He even cut the corner. So why don't more football players do that? I'd imagine it'd be very good for linemen?

bboyyomama
11-07-2015, 07:05 PM
nope legal play
^ question

bboyyomama
11-07-2015, 07:08 PM
Anything goes in normal open field tackling except grabbing the facemask and/or horse collaring.

How come I don't see that many footballers do throws? Like if they're in a tie up (idk the football term) I don't seem many people going for underhooks and stuff. Imagine if footballers took wrestling and judo in the offseason...

Howiester
11-07-2015, 07:08 PM
Would pay good money to see Jared Allen give Russell Wilson a Stone Cold Stunner

bboyyomama
11-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Would pay good money to see Jared Allen give Russell Wilson a Stone Cold Stunner

Idk that much about wwe wrestling moves. I was talking more about freestyle. But for instance I saw a video of a football guy who did a textbook suplex to another guy but the referee said it was unnecessary roughness.

jacklambert58
11-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Because you don't get 2 points for throws in football. Stick, wrap, lift & drive guys to the ground is text book.

bboyyomama
11-07-2015, 07:32 PM
Because you don't get 2 points for throws in football. Stick, wrap, lift & drive guys to the ground is text book.

I see. I don't watch that much football. But when I'm at the gym sometimes it plays the college football game on tv.
Do you wrestle?
I don't see that many linebackers do level changes, you know what mean? They just push each other. Wouldn't it be easier to do things if you're lower?
I want to play football with my friends and do throws on them

Lunatic
11-07-2015, 07:40 PM
Obvious troll is obvious

jbball92
11-07-2015, 07:41 PM
if you stop their forward progress and the whistle is blown and you toss them its a penalty

jacklambert58
11-07-2015, 07:44 PM
I see. I don't watch that much football. But when I'm at the gym sometimes it plays the college football game on tv.
Do you wrestle?
I don't see that many linebackers do level changes, you know what mean? They just push each other. Wouldn't it be easier to do things if you're lower?
I want to play football with my friends and do throws on them

I don't wrestle. Fundamentals are often lacking in tv games - a lot of guys are too focused on delivering big collisions instead of tackling properly. A definite change occurred in the early 80's where players began using the helmet as a weapon and launching themselves using the crown like a hammer. Things are starting to move back to fundamental tackling due to the brain injury issue, but leading with the head & not wrapping up, lifting and driving the legs is still very prevalent.

bboyyomama
11-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Obvious troll is obvious

But I'm serious.

bboyyomama
11-07-2015, 07:58 PM
I don't wrestle. Fundamentals are often lacking in tv games - a lot of guys are too focused on delivering big collisions instead of tackling properly. A definite change occurred in the early 80's where players began using the helmet as a weapon and launching themselves using the crown like a hammer. Things are starting to move back to fundamental tackling due to the brain injury issue, but leading with the head & not wrapping up, lifting and driving the legs is still very prevalent.

I see

jacklambert58
11-07-2015, 08:00 PM
But I'm serious.

Tackling is not that easy. The runner is trying to juke or truck you too. If you can get off a throw running full speed, more power to you.

Averydabeast
11-07-2015, 08:03 PM
you fukking retards that complain about tackling have clearly never played. good luck doing this gay chit to a guy running full speed at you with his shoulder lowered.

bboyyomama
11-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Tackling is not that easy. The runner is trying to juke or truck you too. If you can get off a throw running full speed, more power to you.

I was thinking more of the defensive and offensive linemen. Don't they need to get through the defense in order to sack the quarterback?

bboyyomama
11-07-2015, 08:11 PM
you fukking retards that complain about tackling have clearly never played. good luck doing this gay chit to a guy running full speed at you with his shoulder lowered.

Of course I've never played. I barely even watch it. That's why I'm asking this question.
You clearly know nothing about wrestling. Have a football player vs a heavyweight Olympic wrestler, the wrestler gets the takedown 10/10.

jacklambert58
11-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Of course I've never played. I barely even watch it. That's why I'm asking this question.
You clearly know nothing about wrestling. Have a football player vs a heavyweight Olympic wrestler, the wrestler gets the takedown 10/10.

I guess wrestlers don't like making $15 million per season and that's why they're not dominating the nfl & instead opt to be high school teachers - lol

bboyyomama
11-07-2015, 08:23 PM
I guess wrestlers don't like making $15 million per season and that's why they're not dominating the nfl & instead opt to be high school teachers - lol

I'm talking about takedowns and takedown defense. Actually I just read an artical that showed a lot of football players that were also d1 wrestlers.