PDA

View Full Version : BCAA intra-workout

fireproof
10-30-2015, 05:13 AM
Is it beneficial to take BCAA during a workout for continued energy support and to constantly feeding protein into the system?

Madevilz
10-30-2015, 05:19 AM
Is it beneficial to take BCAA during a workout for continued energy support and to constantly feeding protein into the system?

Only if you either don't eat enough protein or train fasted.
You won't feel extra energy from BCAA during your workout.

aaronuconn
10-30-2015, 05:21 AM
IMO, no. You'll want BCAA's pre-workout if fasted or between meals. The point is a spike in muscle protein synthesis. You're probably not achieving this sipping BCAA's throughout a workout. For me, I'm not huge on BCAA's in general, but I've liked EAA's pre/intraworkout on occasion. Leucine, via its interaction with Trytophan, may assist with a bit more endurance/energy during your workout but to what significance is debatable.

I know research should be posted later this year (sponsored by Scivation) that may prove my above post incorrect, so I'm looking forward to seeing that and learning more.

PatrickValo86
10-30-2015, 05:30 AM
I have always liked taking BCAAs or EAAs during my workouts. I feel I recover better and I can train longer. BUT I think it all depends on the individual. Some feel its just a waste of money but I have seen better growth from using them.

muruku
10-30-2015, 05:41 AM
YNaez9doUEU

Alan Aragon

However, if a protein-rich meal or shake was consumed near the start of the training bout, intraworkout amino acid intake is redundant, especially for typical-length sessions lasting about an hour. The preworkout meal is already being digested, and amino acids are already being absorbed into circulation. One little wrinkle: if what you’re drinking during the bout can improve your mood, this can potentially drive better performance. But most of all, nothing screams “I’m hardcore!” like walking around the gym with your chest puffed and lats flared, clutching a jug of bright pink fluid.

llahhsoj
10-30-2015, 05:47 AM

It can help prevent muscle break down, although you will be fine without it. It isn't really the same as feeding protein into your system though.

kissdadookie
10-30-2015, 06:30 AM
YNaez9doUEU

Alan Aragon

However, if a protein-rich meal or shake was consumed near the start of the training bout, intraworkout amino acid intake is redundant, especially for typical-length sessions lasting about an hour. The preworkout meal is already being digested, and amino acids are already being absorbed into circulation. One little wrinkle: if what you’re drinking during the bout can improve your mood, this can potentially drive better performance. But most of all, nothing screams “I’m hardcore!” like walking around the gym with your chest puffed and lats flared, clutching a jug of bright pink fluid.

But your stats though...

Big_Spaz
10-30-2015, 06:32 AM
I have used BCAA's intraworkout since about 2006. I see the benefits in recovery (as I'm getting older) and they flavor my water nicely (make drinking water during my workout much more enjoyable). For the price, I think what they offer is very beneficial.

-Spaz

dougefresh93
10-30-2015, 06:35 AM
I have used BCAA's intraworkout since about 2006. I see the benefits in recovery (as I'm getting older) and they flavor my water nicely (make drinking water during my workout much more enjoyable). For the price, I think what they offer is very beneficial.

-Spaz

And you're a fossil. :)

I also take my BCAAs intra and feels it helps with recovery

Sixpack
10-30-2015, 06:41 AM
Absolutely, will aid in endurance, muscle recovery. I take it because I lift on a fasted state early in the morning. It gets me through my workouts.

Sixpack

Starkk
10-30-2015, 06:51 AM
OP, it sounds like you need a product with BCAAs/EAAs and maybe a mild stimulant as well...

Check out ErgoAmino+, it has all those and more, plus it's on sale in the Bodybuilding.com store! Buy two and you get a third tub free. The flavors are amazing!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ergogenix/ergoamino-plus-.html

http://www.ergogenix.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/ergoamino-header.jpg

NEBinAK
10-30-2015, 06:55 AM
I take my bcaa intra and use Xtend most of the time, Xtend end offers more then just bcaa as well giving you Citrulline, glutamine, and electrolytes. Great product with a lot of feedback, about 2500 store reviews with a 9.1 rating (9.2 verified buyer rating)

Check us out for yourself :)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/xtend.html

muruku
10-30-2015, 07:05 AM
But your stats though...

What does my stats have to do with anything ?

That is a quote from an alan aragon article. Please explain why is there a need to call me out on my stats?

diogonigri
10-30-2015, 07:17 AM
I'd say (in my practical opinion) that unless you train for very long (over an hour) and very hard.... It will be just about something tasty instead of water.

BTW, spaz at 37 you are reaching your prime, keep it up. Getting older is still several years removed

Big_Spaz
10-30-2015, 07:24 AM
I'd say (in my practical opinion)

BTW, spaz at 37 you are reaching your prime, keep it up. Getting older is still several years removed

I hope your right man, I really do. All I know is I'm killing 6 or 7 days a week and I'm starting to get that "mature" muscle look. I strived for that all my life.

The muscle that has been there for years and years and years and looks like rock. Not like some of these kids that look like water balloons the one week, and then a month later they are all small again talking about "Yeah ... well I got kind of busy ....
" lol.

-Spaz

The Solution
10-30-2015, 07:38 AM
IMO, no. You'll want BCAA's pre-workout if fasted or between meals. The point is a spike in muscle protein synthesis. You're probably not achieving this sipping BCAA's throughout a workout. For me, I'm not huge on BCAA's in general, but I've liked EAA's pre/intraworkout on occasion. Leucine, via its interaction with Trytophan, may assist with a bit more endurance/energy during your workout but to what significance is debatable.

^^^ Agree 100%

http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/uploads/Norton-J-Ag-Food-Ind-Hi-Tech-2008.pdf
http://www.slideshare.net/biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support-maximal-protein-synthesis-and-muscle-mass

RVAPump
10-30-2015, 08:10 AM
I've used Purple Wraath off and on for years if I've wanted EAAs intra-workout...it's an oldie but a goodie

Universal's EAA Stack is another one I've always loved and probably the best tasting watermelon flavored supplement I've ever had

there are lots of good intra-workout products that offer benefits beyond just amino content...iForce Compete, Gaspari SizeOn, Prime Intra-MD come to mind, or you could add an EAA product to Gatorade powder and achieve a very similar effect

muruku
10-30-2015, 08:12 AM
EAA stack was discontinued along with torrent zero. Was the best watermelon I ever had though.

RVAPump
10-30-2015, 08:23 AM
EAA stack was discontinued along with torrent zero. Was the best watermelon I ever had though.

FML

naturalguy's getting a swirly at the Arnold now

CONTROLLED LABS
10-30-2015, 08:29 AM
I've used Purple Wraath off and on for years if I've wanted EAAs intra-workout...it's an oldie but a goodie

Universal's EAA Stack is another one I've always loved and probably the best tasting watermelon flavored supplement I've ever had

there are lots of good intra-workout products that offer benefits beyond just amino content...iForce Compete, Gaspari SizeOn, Prime Intra-MD come to mind, or you could add an EAA product to Gatorade powder and achieve a very similar effectthanks for the purple wraath shout out. we now have cotton candy flavored sample packets FREE http://controlledlabs.com/free-samples2/

TheFugitive
10-30-2015, 08:34 AM
I always drink BCAA's intra, fasted or not

Big.Jazayrli
10-30-2015, 08:34 AM
I find that intra-workout BCAA helps my recovery, among many others. Lots of good suggestions in here, OP, pick the one that suits your wallet and pallet best :)

mtownballer20
10-30-2015, 09:30 AM
I find them to beneficial and enjoyable. If you can spend the cents per serving on them, go for it.

kissdadookie
10-30-2015, 09:50 AM
What does my stats have to do with anything ?

That is a quote from an alan aragon article. Please explain why is there a need to call me out on my stats?

Just pointing out something that struck out at me is all :D

andrewwww
10-30-2015, 10:05 AM
Normally i trained in the AM fasted with some nutrabolics anabolic state or blue star amino fast. Even when not training fasted I find BCAA+HICA products greatly reduce my DOMS and help with recovery greatly.

wishiwasdivin
10-30-2015, 10:29 AM
I train fasted and even if I didn't I'm still a very firm believer in bcaa's and prefer not to train without them. I have taken my bcaa's pre before but l feel taking them intra has/does help with my recovery.

muruku
10-30-2015, 09:06 PM
Just pointing out something that struck out at me is all :D

And how does that help with ops question or contribute to the discussion ? Does my stats affect the information I shared?

gbnpc
10-30-2015, 09:16 PM
You'll hear tons of various opinions on bcaas and when to take them or to not even take them at all in this forum. Myself personally, I do drink them during every workout. Is that a bad thing? will it hurt me?--Hardly a risky thing to do. Will it be of some benefit? Some say yes, some say no. I find benefit, not necessarily in added energy, but rather in the aid of recovery. I just get a jump start on that by taking them intra. the more popular times to take them are during fasted states such as fasted cardio or upon waking in the AM after the fasting of sleep, in addition to taking in between meals if there has been an extended period of time between them.