PDA

View Full Version : Bernie Sanders- $15 min wage, free college tuition, free health care? Lol

ohmybob
10-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Why are people falling for empty promises that will never happen?

bballaman369
10-19-2015, 12:42 PM
Cause 'murica

ghjk24
10-19-2015, 12:43 PM
Because people think they should be rewarded for failure, and the people who work hard and succeed should give to the "less fortunate".

ryantatarniuk
10-19-2015, 12:43 PM
Free healthcare can happen

ChiBearsfan
10-19-2015, 12:44 PM
because 50% of people have below average intelligence

jacobcmurphy
10-19-2015, 12:44 PM
People voting for $15 minimum wage probably haven't taken an econ class once in their life.
Or maybe they just failed miserably.

LeakyQuesadilla
10-19-2015, 12:45 PM
what about free Ferraris and free Mansions?

Valeurvaleur
10-19-2015, 12:46 PM
We have all those things in my country, and we also have a lower rate of poverty, better climate for small businesses and are the happiest people in the world.

But 'murica!! Much better to force yourself into lifelong debt to get higher education or work three jobs just to make ends meet so that the superwealthy can laugh all the way to the bank!

OR ARE YOU A COMMUNIST OR WHAT??

ohmybob
10-19-2015, 12:47 PM

This is the only logical one, but promising all 3? haha. No

and if the min wage increases to $15 an hour, then all wages have to increase across the board. No way people making $15 an hour at a job that requires skill is going to be ok with staying at what is now considered min wage

NicholasMango
10-19-2015, 12:48 PM
any one of those three things would be VERY bad.

ffs. Do not want.

krazy33
10-19-2015, 12:48 PM
Because people think they should be rewarded for failure, and the people who work hard and succeed should give to the "less fortunate".

The only way ill respect your opinion is if you went from rags to riches. If you at 18 years old did not receive any money from parents and made yourself into a successful person. Which, im sure, nowadays youd agree is pretty dam* difficult. With poor economy and people looking for jobs, minimum requirements being a college degree and you have college degrees stooping down to jobs theyre overqualified for.

It can be done, youre right. But again, as i said, i will only respect your opinion if you went through those trials and tribulations

When i was 18 i had to do just what i said, was down in the dumps. My uncle gave me (a handout you said) of about 500 dollars to get clothes for job interviews, which was probably the biggesr catalyst that turned me into what i am today

nctarheels21
10-19-2015, 12:49 PM
We have all those things in my country, and we also have a lower rate of poverty, better climate for small businesses and are the happiest people in the world.

But 'murica!! Much better to force yourself into lifelong debt to get higher education or work three jobs just to make ends meet so that the superwealthy can laugh all the way to the bank!

Your country is set up VERY different than ours. We can't just change our system overnight and expect to give everyone free things.

Oh wait, your country doesn't do that either. You enjoying your 50% income tax?

LaoHu7
10-19-2015, 12:50 PM
Bernie's favorite line ----> "Denmark and Sweden __________ . Let's make the U.S. more like Denmark and Sweden."

Zwicker
10-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Lol'd at free post-secondary education. I realize it's been successful in some countries (namely, Eastern Europe/Scandinavia) but no way in sweet fuk I want to pay for Chad to get a C- average in Psychology/Sociology with an attendance rate of 35%. Pay for school yourself or get a loan and pay it back like everyone else. Better yet work hard in school and get a scholarship.

Not an economics expert myself, but wouldn't a 15$ minimum wage just create massive/instant inflation? What's the point. People just need to live within their means or find ways to make more money. Not everyone needs 3 TV's, the newest iPhone and Netflix.

kcadrenalin
Promise the moon. Deliver nothing.

http://i.imgur.com/yoJJymh.gif

dhawkeye1980
Whats funny is that the people who pushed for 15 minimum wage didnt use it to improve their lives like they claimed, they then asked for less hours and continued to collect governement aid so basically it made them more lazy

krazy33
10-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Lol'd at free post-secondary education. I realize it's been successful in some countries (namely, Eastern Europe/Scandinavia) but no way in sweet fuk I want to pay for Chad to get a C- average in Psychology/Sociology with an attendance rate of 35%. Pay for school yourself or get a loan and pay it back like everyone else. Better yet work hard in school and get a scholarship.

Not an economics expert myself, but wouldn't a 15$ minimum wage just create massive/instant inflation? What's the point. People just need to live within their means or find ways to make more money. Not everyone needs 3 TV's, the newest iPhone and Netflix.

Yea.. the system is too phucked for this chit

No way the people in power now would relinquish that power either

StiffSproles
10-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Never heard of that guy but I will be voting for him 100%.

Fahnestock
10-19-2015, 12:54 PM
Literally all of his actual plans are based around taxing the lower and middle class into oblivion. He'll blather on and on about the 1% and then every specific policy that he releases involves more strain on the middle class. If he wants us to be like the nordic states he needs to add these to platform

1.Strengthen the 10th amendment through strong decentralization and elimination of all departments not explicitly mentioned in the constitution.
2.Deregulate businesses and lower corporate tax rate
3.Deport all non-white people.

gibbypoo
10-19-2015, 12:56 PM
any one of those three things would be VERY bad.

ffs. Do not want.

Outside of the money needed to satisfy one or all three, why would free healthcare and free education be a bad thing?

chiseledmanbeef
When are liberals going to learn YOU CANNOT JUST THROW MONEY AT PEOPLE AND EXPECT THAT TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM? You can't help people not willing to help themselves.

StiffSproles

More educated society = more opportunity for inventions and collaboration = more opportunity for business creation and ultimately, job creation. Which all = a stronger economy.

TheAmericano

- Do people from around the world want to study at your universities?

- And is the population of your country equal to or more than ours?

JonEh10
Lol at $15 an hour minimum wage. BRB 1 bd 1 br apartments starting at $3000 a month. I used to work at McDonald's and let me tell you, they don't deserve $15 an hour for taking orders at the drive through or flipping burgers. Anybody can do it. If you want higher wages then go to school and gain some valuable skills.

Zwicker
10-19-2015, 12:58 PM

C'mon, man... You think those Syrian economic migrants in search of public aid, errr... "refugees" aren't going to be happy to work hard and pay their fair share of taxes? Surely you jest.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/z1RWCfBXTue3K/200_s.gif

chiseledmanbeef
10-19-2015, 12:59 PM
More educated society = more opportunity for inventions and collaboration = more opportunity for business creation and ultimately, job creation. Which all = a stronger economy.

Sounds good and all, I mean it sounds great. Except that won't happen because you're assuming the problem lies with the system. Don't you think if a poor person truly desired an education, he would have found a way to get it? Go to any local tech school and they are full of poor people.

Why do you liberals insist on treating adults like children?

otisthebat
10-19-2015, 01:01 PM

there is no such thing as free healthcare.

mjf100215
10-19-2015, 01:01 PM
Because of the Tytler cycle

http://commonsensegovernment.com/the-tytler-cycle-revisited/

Zwicker
10-19-2015, 01:02 PM
Outside of the money needed to satisfy one or all three, why would free healthcare and free education be a bad thing?

The money is the only issue here, but it's a big one...

Health care is a massive expenditure. Education could potentially be immense as well. Welcome to 20%+ taxes on income, mortages/rent, gas, groceries, clothing, etc. for those to happen.

In theory. The reality is that an overwhelming amount of Chads will attend universities for free just to party. Yes, it happens now, but the difference is the money is coming from them, their parents, or a loan. In which case it's not tax money from people who actually work and contribute to the system.

Yeah, society may gain an engineer or two, but for the most part it just further decreases the value of a bachelor's degree. Plus, you'll have lifer students who just float from one easy degree to another... Because, in that system, why would you not?

I'm not even American for the record, but these points still apply to political systems in general.

JoshSP1985
10-19-2015, 01:27 PM
He should have went with free smart phones and data packages if he wanted the ghetto vote

JoshSP1985
10-19-2015, 01:28 PM

I don't think you know what the word free means

tpittma2
10-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Because free, duh!

http://i.imgur.com/cNB5QOr.jpg

badreligion
10-19-2015, 02:41 PM

No such thing as "free"

badreligion
10-19-2015, 02:41 PM
He should have went with free smart phones and data packages if he wanted the ghetto vote

Could call them ...Bern phones , get it ? Bern like spy , secret agent stuff ?

nutsy54
10-19-2015, 03:00 PM
What country is that? And if it's so great, why don't you understand the meaning of the word "free"?

RThoe
10-19-2015, 03:15 PM
Don't worry guys, he only wants to raise taxes on the top 1/10th of the 1%

Lmao at people actually supporting this cuck

Sanders said, “I think if you are looking about guaranteeing paid family and medical leave, which every other major country has so that when a mom gives birth she doesn’t have to go back to work in two weeks. Dad or mom can stay home with the kids. That will require a small increase in the payroll tax.”

Stephanopoulos said, “That’s going to hit everybody.”

Sanders agreed saying, “That would hit everybody, yeah, It would but it would mean we were drawing the rest of the industrialized world and make sure that when a mom has a baby she can in fact stay home with that baby for three months rather than go back to work at the end of one week. We are the only country, only major country that doesn’t guarantee paid family and medical leave. We do a lot of great things in this country but we are behind many other countries in protecting the middle class and working families.”

Also lol at him first saying the mom returns to work after two weeks and then when he has to admit he would tax everyone it's suddenly half that time.

Negging all Bernie supporters crew

https://imgrush.com/8MaTkMk9Cmzx.png

Zwicker
10-19-2015, 03:19 PM
^ Enjoy having your tax money pay for Lashaunda and Brittney to pop out 6 kids each by the age of 25. And on top of that, enjoy how they disrespect the "system" (ie. working taxpayers' money) by saying it isn't enough (ie. to buy them new iPhones and Uggz).

metco
10-19-2015, 03:20 PM
Free college would pay for itself because you'd have bright kids going to better schools and coming out and being productive, instead of being stuck at Starbucks. Better education always pays for itself. If you are not bright you wind up in the service like nutsy and spend all day arguing with guys half your age.

Stizzel
10-19-2015, 03:35 PM
Why are people falling for empty promises that will never happen?

Throw in free ponies amd I'm in

SlipperyGypsy
10-19-2015, 03:38 PM
Here in Aus:

- $17.30 minimum wage
- subsidised healthcare that you can claim on tax (costs hardly anything even without private healthcare)
- Used to have free university degrees a couple of decades back and there are always parties pushing to lower if not abolish uni fees all together

As **** as they are, i still feel like our government takes care of us all, you brahs seem to get exploited so hard if you are below a certain socioeconomic status. Think Bernie Sanders is a step in the right direction for you guys, at least attempt to give the people what they deserve and make them want to contribute to a system that benefits them from the bottom up.

Vote 1 Bernie

Flakker
10-19-2015, 03:41 PM
Free college would pay for itself because you'd have bright kids going to better schools and coming out and being productive, instead of being stuck at Starbucks. Better education always pays for itself. If you are not bright you wind up in the service like nutsy and spend all day arguing with guys half your age.

lol.

Oooor, loads of kids go to school, get a degree, and end up at starbucks anyway.

1) College doesn't increase creativity.
2) Autodidacticism seems to be the most valuable aspect for economic growth
3) Why let the fed (even more) into post-secondary schooling after the mess it's made of primary schooling?
4) Most baristas I see have B.A.s

nutsy54
10-19-2015, 03:44 PM
Free college would pay for itself because you'd have bright kids going to better schools and coming out and being productive, instead of being stuck at Starbucks. Better education always pays for itself.
What "bright people" end up at Starbucks instead of earning a scholarship, or aren't "bright enough" to work, save their money, then pay for college?

TAWS6
10-19-2015, 03:51 PM
Most of the Bernie supporters are illegals who cant even vote for the guy.

cashinout
10-19-2015, 04:00 PM
sanders got exposed on Bill Maher

Bill Maher: "So you're saying we can do all this without raising taxes on anyone but the 1%"
Bernie Sanders: "may have to go down a little lower than that"

hDRxbQlpqmo?t=421

so first it was "ONLY TAX THE EVIL 1%"
now it's "well we may have to go a little lower than that"

smh, get ready to pay 50% tax and 25% VAT if this loon gets elected

trailwarrior
10-19-2015, 04:08 PM
Why are people falling for empty promises that will never happen?The smart money is already on the $15 min wage bandwagon!

q2gO4DKVpa8

tS0UL
10-19-2015, 04:09 PM
If Captain Cuckold gets the democratic nomination he will get torn to shreds in the presidential debates. If he can't stand up to a couple of obese loudmouth black women then how is he going to hold his own in a real debate that isn't him and Hilary circle jerking each other?

TexasMajor
10-19-2015, 04:41 PM

Yay! Lets flood the market with more useless bachelor degrees.

Are people really this stupid?

Postmort3m
10-19-2015, 04:43 PM

Sure it can- just tax the contributors 50% of their wages!

metco
10-19-2015, 04:46 PM
Yay! Lets flood the market with more useless bachelor degrees.

Are people really this stupid?

Bachelors degrees aren't useless. They teach critical thinking skills, which are sorely needed in this country, and the engineering degrees create wealth. Unfortunately the engineering programs at the country's best schools are full of Chinese, Russians, and Indians. The American kids can't handle the math.

nutsy54
10-19-2015, 04:56 PM
The American kids can't handle the math.
If kids can't handle the math, why should they get college tuition paid by someone else? :confused:

otisthebat
10-19-2015, 05:02 PM
Bachelors degrees aren't useless. They teach critical thinking skills, which are sorely needed in this country, and the engineering degrees create wealth. Unfortunately the engineering programs at the country's best schools are full of Chinese, Russians, and Indians. The American kids can't handle the math.

jesus you really do not understand how the job market works.

when everyone has bachelors degrees, they become worthless.

ONtop888
10-19-2015, 05:16 PM
Free college would pay for itself because you'd have bright kids going to better schools and coming out and being productive, instead of being stuck at Starbucks. Better education always pays for itself. If you are not bright you wind up in the service like nutsy and spend all day arguing with guys half your age.But colleges produced retards like Bernie who cannot add up the cost of his own plans. Magnets, how do they work?

Dave22reborn
10-19-2015, 05:18 PM

"Free" college will just turn into public school 2.0.

Dave22reborn
10-19-2015, 05:21 PM

You need to take a break and stop posting. Or at least do some research before you type.

Stizzel
10-19-2015, 07:21 PM
"Youth unemployment is far too high, so lets make it cost twice as expensive to hire young people"

Bernie Sanders, King of the Derps

ONtop888
10-19-2015, 07:33 PM
"Youth unemployment is far too high, so lets make it cost twice as expensive to hire young people"

Bernie Sanders, King of the Derps,Brah, you don't get it. Once we take money from teh 1% then private businesses won't need to hire young people...Uncle Sam will! It's simple Keynesian economics, didn't you go to college and get an education!????!?

BullStampede
10-19-2015, 08:04 PM
Literally all of his actual plans are based around taxing the lower and middle class into oblivion. He'll blather on and on about the 1% and then every specific policy that he releases involves more strain on the middle class. If he wants us to be like the nordic states he needs to add these to platform

1.Strengthen the 10th amendment through strong decentralization and elimination of all departments not explicitly mentioned in the constitution.
2.Deregulate businesses and lower corporate tax rate

fukking this. I like how people act like Denmark and USA are EXACTLY the same, sans healthcare, minimum wage(which Denmark doesnt have anyway), and education. We are talking about a country the size of what? Maryland? lol at trying to extrapolate that to the entire United States.

Outside of the biggest and most important factor, yeah totally lol

lol on paper yes. College != more educated. This is your fundamental mistake. None of those things require college. More people are going to college than ever before. Why are we getting dumber? Is this Bush's fault too?

lol Jesus Christ spoken like a man living 8000 miles away. Have you ever been to an American University??? They are not bastions of knowledge lol. Most just party until they get to their core classes. The first two years of college are absolutely worthless. Stuff that should be covered in high school or can be covered in a free online course or youtube video. The kids working at Starbucks HAVE college degrees. That is the problem. They shouldnt have gotten one in the first place.

College needs to be harder to get into and less common. Not the opposite lol. That will just make it high school+. Then everyone will need a Masters or Doctorate to stand out in the market. brb spending too much on Education and student loans. brb lets spend more on Education and student loans.

second2noneBrah
10-19-2015, 09:00 PM

Yea but we don't pay 50% tax and when isis is coming for your Angus we are the ones who pay to save you

Doomster23
10-19-2015, 10:43 PM
Here in Aus:

- $17.30 minimum wage
- subsidised healthcare that you can claim on tax (costs hardly anything even without private healthcare)
- Used to have free university degrees a couple of decades back and there are always parties pushing to lower if not abolish uni fees all together

As **** as they are, i still feel like our government takes care of us all, you brahs seem to get exploited so hard if you are below a certain socioeconomic status. Think Bernie Sanders is a step in the right direction for you guys, at least attempt to give the people what they deserve and make them want to contribute to a system that benefits them from the bottom up.

Vote 1 Bernie

We also pay a **** tonne more for basic necessities, entertainment, housing (might not apply to Canberra), and pretty much anything else you can think of. So it's not like there isn't a tradeoff.

Zwicker
10-20-2015, 01:38 AM
We also pay a **** tonne more for basic necessities, entertainment, housing (might not apply to Canberra), and pretty much anything else you can think of. So it's not like there isn't a tradeoff.

I was going to say...

Aus has pretty high taxes, and the cost of living is pretty ridiculous is it not? Which, ultimately, makes that $17.30/hour minimum wage irrelevant. I can only assume, as well, that much like Canada you have to wait in a massive queue if you want health care (aside from absolute emergencies)... It's never black and white. There are always negatives and positives.

BullStampede
10-20-2015, 05:46 AM
I was going to say...

Aus has pretty high taxes, and the cost of living is pretty ridiculous is it not? Which, ultimately, makes that $17.30/hour minimum wage irrelevant. I can only assume, as well, that much like Canada you have to wait in a massive queue if you want health care (aside from absolute emergencies)... It's never black and white. There are always negatives and positives.

omg how dare you say one system isnt absolutely perfect?! Trade-offs? Pros and Cons? gtfo

Steve707
10-20-2015, 07:42 AM

What about the people that have degrees right now and are working at Starbucks because they can't find a job to use their degree? What about people that go to school for their finger painting degree?

Do you guys have millions of illegal immigrants going into your country every year that you also have to pay for?

Bushmaster
10-20-2015, 08:35 AM
"Free" college will just turn into public school 2.0.

Talk to most any Community College teacher and you'll find out that they already are. Filled to the brim with kids who have no clue about what they want to do, don't give a shiit one way or another, and are only there because mommy and daddy told them it was either that or get a job.

But Bernie will make it all free so that'll be different lol. :rolleyes:

Bushmaster
10-21-2015, 06:52 AM
http://thefederalistpapers.integratedmarket.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/12122683_1028588037172307_3731153795086315620_n.jp g

Stizzel
10-21-2015, 07:01 AM
Talk to most any Community College teacher and you'll find out that they already are. Filled to the brim with kids who have no clue about what they want to do, don't give a shiit one way or another, and are only there because mommy and daddy told them it was either that or get a job.

But Bernie will make it all free so that'll be different lol. :rolleyes:

I stared up again at a community vollege last year. They made me do the orientation since I havent been in school in a decade.

It was full of kids that were in it for the grant money. Most of then were expecting checks of over $5,000 on top of the student loans for approximately 4x the cost of tuition, books, etc.

Their degree choices.....lol

Bushmaster
10-21-2015, 07:13 AM
I stared up again at a community vollege last year. They made me do the orientation since I havent been in school in a decade.

It was full of kids that were in it for the grant money. Most of then were expecting checks of over $5,000 on top of the student loans for approximately 4x the cost of tuition, books, etc.

Their degree choices.....lol

I dated a chick a few years ago who taught at a CC and she's where I heard that.. According to her they were all Beavis and Butt Head wannabes that just wanted to get high and play Xbox all day long. But yeah... lets just make it free lol. :rolleyes:

BullStampede
10-21-2015, 07:18 AM
[img]http://thefederalistpapers.integratedmarket.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/12122683_1028588037172307_3731153795086315620_n.jp g [img]

Do so few people actually own a house there? This was the only one I hadnt heard yet.

Stizzel
10-21-2015, 07:49 AM
I dated a chick a few years ago who taught at a CC and she's where I heard that.. According to her they were all Beavis and Butt Head wannabes that just wanted to get high and play Xbox all day long. But yeah... lets just make it free lol. :rolleyes:

When you see adults struggling with the concept of rounding numbers being pushed through the system and all liberals have to say is "spend more money"......

dfwt70gt
10-21-2015, 07:51 AM
fukking this. I like how people act like Denmark and USA are EXACTLY the same, sans healthcare, minimum wage(which Denmark doesnt have anyway), and education. We are talking about a country the size of what? Maryland? lol at trying to extrapolate that to the entire United States.

Whoa bruh, there is no need for you to flex your vocabulary in a discussion with people who advocate for free college. Freaking show-off.

j/k, repped!

Dave22reborn
10-21-2015, 08:00 AM
http://thefederalistpapers.integratedmarket.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/12122683_1028588037172307_3731153795086315620_n.jp g

What do liberals say? Why can't we be more like Denmark?

bluegold04
10-21-2015, 08:50 AM
People are already privileged to 12 years of formalized education, free to the student, in America.

If within 12 years a person is not able to learn and reliably implement all of the basic skills necessary to be a functional and contributory Citizen, the State has no further incentive to devote resources to the education of that individual. Furthermore, should a person excel at these skills, there are numerous avenues for them to subsidize and/or completely cover the costs of further education.

I dated a CC teacher who taught English. The first time she showed me the papers she was grading, I read maybe a handful out of 40 samples I would have passed. I told her as much. I would have failed almost every student. They don't know how to write, they don't know how to read, and they don't know how to follow instruction. These were all either HS graduates or GED recipients. It was sad.

Instead of creating more programs, perhaps we should re-evaluate the ones we already have.

trailwarrior
10-21-2015, 09:05 AM
[img]http://thefederalistpapers.integratedmarket.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/12122683_1028588037172307_3731153795086315620_n.jp g [img]just LOL @ someone who can afford to spend her long paid vacations traveling the world and write a book about how bad she has it back home.... on a teacher's salary to boot!.... just f'n LOL !!!!!!

She's knows that fascists in USA will eat this up and she can bank their ignorance!

Bushmaster
10-21-2015, 10:03 AM
just LOL @ someone who can afford to spend her long paid vacations traveling the world and write a book about how bad she has it back home.... on a teacher's salary to boot!.... just f'n LOL !!!!!!

She's knows that fascists in USA will eat this up and she can bank their ignorance!

-Can't refute anything she says.
-Attacks her instead.
-Yells fascist as if knowing what that actually means

Not that anybody was expecting anything more from you lol...