PDA

View Full Version : should i be worried about milk fat on my bulk? (10 cups of milk a day)

zejj
10-13-2015, 09:58 PM
college life is busy I need to bulk on something easy and cheap I figure milk would be a good option (originally I was going to try oats but they fill me up and they aren't as quick to consume as a cup of milk), whole milk is 150 calories a cup and I can drink 10 cups of milk a day no problem, but im worried about the fat intake, is milk fat healthy fat? and should I bother getting anymore fat from other sources? (olive oil, eggs) ive heard that a high fat intake even when at caloric maintence its possible to gain fat, anyone care to shed light on this? I don't mind gaining a couple pounds of fat during my bulk I just don't want to get fat as hell, and are there any negative side effects to drinking 10 cups of milk a day for the next 6 months?

EjnarKolinkar
10-13-2015, 10:09 PM
In general it makes sense to get your fat from varied sources, of which milk can be one. Nuts, meat, oil, avocado, fats from other sources. All can make up a part as well.

mike33511
10-14-2015, 06:06 AM
college life is busy I need to bulk on something easy and cheap I figure milk would be a good option (originally I was going to try oats but they fill me up and they aren't as quick to consume as a cup of milk), whole milk is 150 calories a cup and I can drink 10 cups of milk a day no problem, but im worried about the fat intake, is milk fat healthy fat? and should I bother getting anymore fat from other sources? (olive oil, eggs) ive heard that a high fat intake even when at caloric maintence its possible to gain fat, anyone care to shed light on this? I don't mind gaining a couple pounds of fat during my bulk I just don't want to get fat as hell, and are there any negative side effects to drinking 10 cups of milk a day for the next 6 months?

You've heard wrong. Fat does not make you fat. Too large of a caloric surplus while bulking will make you fat.

It's good to get fat from multiple sources throughout the day if you can, but milk fat is perfectly healthy, as is milk itself. So if it's convenient for you to get 1500 calories a day from milk, then I see nothing wrong with it. Just make sure the rest of your diet is on point.

magician27
10-14-2015, 07:37 AM
too much saturated fat is not good,but you get fat from calories ,not dietary fat