PDA

View Full Version : Evolution being true, doesn't make it right

doubledareyou
10-08-2015, 04:28 AM
There is no evidence that knowledge of evolution makes human life better. It is conceivable that humans that don't know about evolution or atheism or scientific method would live a happier, more meaningful life. Most atheists i meet, don't really walk the walk, they deject theism on grounds that don't propel them to the strict logical conclusions of their world belief, ie. that humans are a random chance in meaningless universe without any grand purpose other than imaginary one assigned by them themselves. It is a strictly a philosophy of human decay and despair, and no existential blabber can make life more meaningful without any ethics or grand purpose, hence atheists would commence life of hedonism and perpetuate the species only for personal gain (even though atheism explicit means antinatalism too).

Discuss.

Edit: I am an atheist, btw.

Drayg00n
10-08-2015, 04:32 AM
There is no evidence that knowledge of evolution makes human life better. It is conceivable that humans that don't know about evolution or atheism or scientific method would live a happier, more meaningful life. Most atheists i meet, don't really walk the walk, they deject theism on grounds that don't propel them to the strict logical conclusions of their world belief, ie. that humans are a random chance in meaningless universe without any grand purpose other than imaginary one assigned by them themselves. It is a strictly a philosophy of human decay and despair, and no existential blabber can make life more meaningful without any ethics or grand purpose, hence atheists would commence life of hedonism and perpetuate the species only for personal gain (even though atheism explicit means antinatalism too).

Discuss.

AppsBrah
10-08-2015, 04:33 AM
Strong pseudo intelligence

Back to reddit fedora phaggot

BetaAsPhuck
10-08-2015, 04:35 AM
You know that's funny OP, because just the other day I was thinking that there is no evidence that knowledge of evolution makes human life better. It is conceivable that humans that don't know about evolution or atheism or scientific method would live a happier, more meaningful life. Most atheists i meet, don't really walk the walk, they deject theism on grounds that don't propel them to the strict logical conclusions of their world belief, ie. that humans are a random chance in meaningless universe without any grand purpose other than imaginary one assigned by them themselves. It is a strictly a philosophy of human decay and despair, and no existential blabber can make life more meaningful without any ethics or grand purpose, hence atheists would commence life of hedonism and perpetuate the species only for personal gain (even though atheism explicit means antinatalism too).

Discuss.

Singularity7
10-08-2015, 04:46 AM
What does 'hedonism' mean? Sounds indian srs.

doubledareyou
10-08-2015, 04:48 AM
What does 'hedonism' mean? Sounds indian srs.

Hedonism = belief that pleasure is grand purpose of life.

johsin28
10-08-2015, 04:49 AM
http://news.sciencemag.org/sites/default/files/styles/thumb_article_l/public/article_images/200751521.jpg?itok=xIBM3FnB

PaddySaevio
10-08-2015, 05:26 AM

Discuss.

So what you're saying is...
"Ignorance is bliss"?

TheJimmyRustler
10-08-2015, 05:31 AM
I live. I die. I live again!!

Oh w8 :(

basement iron
10-08-2015, 05:32 AM
The scientific method has made human live demonstrably better.

heracleez
10-08-2015, 05:34 AM
Your logic is, the knowledge of Evolution does not make life inherently better, right? If so, this "logic" could be applied to all of knowledge. Understanding Evolution, and the biological processes behind it will lead to more scientific innovation in general, although mostly indirectly.

Also, is it not useful to understand the origins and perpetual change of life on Earth? Just this knowledge in general is something man has been searching for through the ages (which is awesome, despite the scientific gain from the knowledge).

woody19
10-08-2015, 05:37 AM
We are well on are way to become asexual. Half of the "men" in the world want to wear makeup and yoga pants. The rest are FA and would prefer to watch other people play video games then to go out and bang bishes.

chlaxman
10-08-2015, 05:38 AM
Ethics and morals came about due to evolution...

iloveus
10-08-2015, 05:39 AM
"meaningless universe" LOL Not according to Stephen Hawking
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51UfvNQsMgL.jpg

bruverend
10-08-2015, 05:40 AM
there is evidence that evolution makes life better.

look at the american slavery time period where they put the big slaves together to mate and killed off the small ones. the result? bigger and stronger babies. the result? physically they are superior than what they were before.

if you do this on a global scale, within a few thousand years you will have an species physically stronger than it's precedent

ONEWORDMAN
10-08-2015, 07:02 AM
We are well on are way to become asexual. Half of the "men" in the world want to wear makeup and yoga pants. The rest are FA and would prefer to watch other people play video games then to go out and bang bishes.This just shows the debased and immoral confused world we live in its due for a cleaning at armeggeddon when fire will rain on people until they cease to exist.