PDA

View Full Version : New Meal Plan Looking for Input

mhalem2390
09-29-2015, 11:26 PM
so i attached the meal plan. the reason carbs are listed is im diabetic and need to know them for insulin dosages. however, im curious how well rounded this looks? im 25 years old 200lb male i consume pretty close to 3000 calories daily my meal plan is 2716 calories 284g protein 228g carbs 67g fat for the plan and looking to transform drop fat build muscle a few specific questions are: i work from 2pm to 11pm so i try to get my workout in the morning would i be able to take meal 1 after i workout and still benefit the same if i were to eat breakfast an hour before working out and which would i benefit more from (i try to save time so i can eat meal 2 before work)? is my meal 3 too high in carbs for a dinner? any other notes would be great trying to keep it super diverse so i dont get bored since im a chef :P

rossb88
09-29-2015, 11:52 PM
Hey mate, looks good on the macro front. Meal timing doesnt matter beyond what feels right for you. I workout at 5am and don't eat until 10:30am except for a shake post workout and i feel great that way. Then I have lunch and dinner as per normal with shakes to meet macro count.

Also, you can really only gain muscle OR lose fat, dont try and do both at once it it counter productive. Pick a goal and stick to that, achieve it, re adjust and move on to next goal.

Goodluck brah

Gxp23
09-30-2015, 12:13 AM
Fats seem low, drop protein and eat at least 80 or so grams of fat.

mhalem2390
09-30-2015, 12:18 AM
Hey mate, looks good on the macro front. Meal timing doesnt matter beyond what feels right for you. I workout at 5am and don't eat until 10:30am except for a shake post workout and i feel great that way. Then I have lunch and dinner as per normal with shakes to meet macro count.

Also, you can really only gain muscle OR lose fat, dont try and do both at once it it counter productive. Pick a goal and stick to that, achieve it, re adjust and move on to next goal.

Goodluck brah

yeah i was just thinking would i be more energized if i ate some carbs beforehand or would my glycogen stores be good to go from the previous day of food if i worked out before eating?

gbullock32
09-30-2015, 12:29 AM
yeah i was just thinking would i be more energized if i ate some carbs beforehand or would my glycogen stores be good to go from the previous day of food if i worked out before eating?Glycogen would be fine.