PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning next coach of the Indy Colts?

GhostRider111
09-22-2015, 10:16 PM
How about this for head coach next year? Peyton Manning. Boom! IF guys like Chuck Pagano and Jim Caldwell can be a head coach, I darn well promise you Peyton can be. There is no one smarter in football. Would be a dream scenario. I cannot even imagine the orgasmic euphoria that would happen with Indy fans if this were to happen. I think this is Peyton's last year. Knowing him, no way he can stay out of football. It is almost a Hoosiers like story if it happens.

WagerKing
09-22-2015, 10:17 PM
strong thread op

go to bed

HtotheOV
09-22-2015, 10:33 PM
Jim Harbaugh

stevemckenna
09-22-2015, 10:39 PM
Too bad Jim Irsay is still the owner.

Too bad John Elway, with his guinea charm, will persuade Peyton to stick around and be the Broncos OC.

GhostRider111
09-22-2015, 11:18 PM
Too bad Jim Irsay is still the owner.

Too bad John Elway, with his guinea charm, will persuade Peyton to stick around and be the Broncos OC.
Irsay, the Colts owner, and Peyton have a pretty strong relationship. Don't discount this happening.

Hardcore_D00d
09-23-2015, 02:30 AM
He'd be a better offensive coordinator. he needs to call the plays, well i guess he could call the plays if he really wanted

Ryack
09-23-2015, 03:51 AM
This isn't basketball, you don't just suddenly become a professional head coach out of no where because you had a successful playing career.

tommydec02
09-23-2015, 03:56 AM
Negative ghost rider

woody19
09-23-2015, 04:57 AM
This is tom coughlins last year as well.

sammywatkins
09-23-2015, 05:10 AM
He's been the best OC in the game for the past 10 years.

DefensiveEnd896
09-23-2015, 05:31 AM
He'd make a terrible coach. Tony Dungy already explained why

Asked on the Dan Patrick Show whether Manning could be an NFL coach, Dungy said that he couldn’t. According to Dungy, Manning is the “smartest player I’ve ever been around” and would have such high expectations for every player that he wouldn’t be able to manage players who couldn’t match his mental approach to the game.

“No, absolutely not, because he would expect that from everybody, and he doesn’t realize, everybody’s not Peyton Manning,” Dungy said. “Everybody doesn’t work that hard, everybody can’t be at that level all the time. It would frustrate him to death.”

Dungy said Manning would come to him on a Tuesday with dozens of new plays he would want to install in the offense, and Dungy would have to tell Manning to ease off because it wasn’t realistic to think that everyone on the Colts would be able to learn all those new plays by Sunday.

“He’s got 25 things we can run and he knows they’ll be touchdown plays,” Dungy said. “You have to say, ‘Peyton, they are great plays — they probably would be touchdowns. You could put them in just like that. Everybody can’t. The other 10 guys can’t handle those 25 new plays.'”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/10/tony-dungy-explains-why-peyton-manning-could-never-be-a-coach/

He'd probably be best as an announcer like Troy Aikeman

iamgenus
09-23-2015, 05:33 AM
Not all great players make good coaches. It's difficult for some of them to relate to players who aren't on the same level they were.