PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash to join Warriors

Dave P
09-15-2015, 11:14 AM
Report: Steve Nash and the Golden State Warriors are finalizing a deal for the ex-PG to become a Player Development Consultant/Coach

BJohnny1988
09-15-2015, 11:15 AM
Curry is already a better Nash than Nash ever was, so who is he going to help?

sdballer5588
09-15-2015, 11:20 AM
Curry is already a better Nash than Nash ever was, so who is he going to help?

Are we sure about that? Curry is a much better pull up shooter, a significantly worse passer, and I suppose a flashier ball handler but much worse taking care of the ball.

Psure Nash is also a better mid range and free throw shooter statistically.

Spill512
09-15-2015, 11:47 AM
Wowwww, after everything we did for him this dude Ollys us.

mabidi
09-15-2015, 11:55 AM
I thought he was coming back as a player and i was ready to LOL

i think he would be a good head coach one day, knows the game very well

Sikhveins
09-15-2015, 11:56 AM
Are we sure about that? Curry is a much better pull up shooter, a significantly worse passer, and I suppose a flashier ball handler but much worse taking care of the ball.

Curry is pretty good at Free Throws, was in the 90's this year if i'm correct.

The dude has no business being in GS. Should have stayed w/ Lakers or at least the Suns who have like 4-5 PG's lol

SompletelyCober
09-15-2015, 12:22 PM
Steve is one of the best shooters, passers and FT shooters of all time.

Can't wait for him to get a HC position and face off vs Kidd for another 20 years.

Spill512
09-15-2015, 12:28 PM

Yes, Curry is definitely better than Nash.

The difference in their freethrow % is like half a percent lmao. He's not a better shooter in any sense. Better midrange "statistically" because you are only looking at one stat to come to that conclusion.

Nash also has a way higher Turnover % than Curry so he's not better at taking care of the ball.

Nash is one of the most overrated players of this generation. Can't believe some people have the nerve to put him top 5 pg all time.

isp
09-15-2015, 12:57 PM
well at least we don't have to see him or hear him on tv. he has the personality of a moth

sdballer5588
09-15-2015, 01:24 PM
Yes, Curry is definitely better than Nash.

The difference in their freethrow % is like half a percent lmao. He's not a better shooter in any sense. Better midrange "statistically" because you are only looking at one stat to come to that conclusion.

Nash also has a way higher Turnover % than Curry so he's not better at taking care of the ball.

Nash is one of the most overrated players of this generation. Can't believe some people have the nerve to put him top 5 pg all time.

Why did you put "statistically" in quotes. He is a better 2 point shooter.

Calling Nash a great shooter isn't insulting to Curry, Curry is a better player overall. Nothing I said was incorrect. Curry is a lower FT% and overall mid range shooter than Nash is.

Although looking back at the original post, I did think he said better shooter. They're both god awful defenders, Curry contributes a bit more on offense imo in terms of creating something out of nothing.

Nash TO per game 2.9
Curry TO per game 3.2

Again I don't think you even glanced at these numbers before commenting. The turnover % is misleading because nash has a dramatically higher chance to turn the ball over than Curry does.

A-TO ratio is a much better indicator, and Nash blows curry out.

Day1086
09-15-2015, 01:36 PM
Lol @ calling curry an awful defender

Day1086
09-15-2015, 01:41 PM
I'm fine with the pickup but honestly what is he possibly going to do?

Steve Nash picked his spots carefully for shots, and honestly I want curry shooting even more recklessly than he does. Don't want nash trying to reel in his shot selection. Curry is already noticeably passive particularly in the regular season, I'd rather him chuck up the 10+ threes he attempted per game in the playoffs, since he still hits them at 40%+

On the other hand the Warriors do pretty much run a variation of the SSOL offense

sdballer5588
09-15-2015, 01:58 PM
Lol @ calling curry an awful defender

Yeah, future DPOY stephen curry.

I'm fine with the pickup but honestly what is he possibly going to do?

Steve Nash picked his spots carefully for shots, and honestly I want curry shooting even more recklessly than he does. Don't want nash trying to reel in his shot selection. Curry is already noticeably passive particularly in the regular season, I'd rather him chuck up the 10+ threes he attempted per game in the playoffs, since he still hits them at 40%+

On the other hand the Warriors do pretty much run a variation of the SSOL offense

I think Nash has said before that he wished he had Curry's trigger, so I don't really think he'd be there to reign in shot selection. Could definitely help him as a passer.

stekcor
09-15-2015, 02:00 PM
he just ruined his legacy

Day1086
09-15-2015, 02:01 PM
he just ruined his legacy

how is winning a ring(s) gonna ruin his legacy

stekcor
09-15-2015, 02:11 PM
how is winning a ring(s) gonna ruin his legacy

Day1086 warriors fan from 2015-present

broboma2012
09-15-2015, 02:13 PM

1 post later....

Curry is a better player overall.

Gotta love the sports misc

Day1086
09-15-2015, 02:16 PM
Day1086 warriors fan from 2015-present

http://media.giphy.com/media/Pr3jpBoQLuovu/giphy.gif

sdballer5588
09-15-2015, 02:17 PM
1 post later....

Although looking back at the original post, I did think he said better shooter.

Ok?

Day1086
09-15-2015, 02:18 PM
1 post later....

You're expecting too much consistency from the guy with 7 players in his top 5

Spill512
09-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Why did you put "statistically" in quotes. He is a better 2 point shooter.

Calling Nash a great shooter isn't insulting to Curry, Curry is a better player overall. Nothing I said was incorrect. Curry is a lower FT% and overall mid range shooter than Nash is.

Although looking back at the original post, I did think he said better shooter. They're both god awful defenders, Curry contributes a bit more on offense imo in terms of creating something out of nothing.

Nash TO per game 2.9
Curry TO per game 3.2

Again I don't think you even glanced at these numbers before commenting. The turnover % is misleading because nash has a dramatically higher chance to turn the ball over than Curry does.

A-TO ratio is a much better indicator, and Nash blows curry out.

lol wow

Your basketball IQ is sus.

sdballer5588
09-15-2015, 05:32 PM
lol wow

Your basketball IQ is sus.

Yeah, this is what I expected. Realize you are entirely wrong, backtrack to some random nonsense. Good work buddy. I bet you looked at the shooting stats and realized "oh god I'm an idiot" and then typed up this gem.

Take a picture photography brah.

waisoserious
09-15-2015, 05:46 PM
we let nash leech off of us for 3 years and didnt waive him when we could have out of professional courtesy....and THIS is how he repays us?

fk you nash