PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

berty182
09-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Hey everyone,

Just after a bit of advice really. I'm currently taking 100mg of serotonin which is an antidepressant. To cut a long story short I was doing really well on serotonin and managed to lower my dose to 50mg, I started taking bcaa tablets and they cocked everything up and they basically stopped the serotonin tablets from working so I had to go back up to 100mg. Basically my question is, will creatine monohydrate be ok to take while I'm on my serotonin tablets, I really want something to push me that extra bit in the gym and get more gains but I'm scared that they will do the same as the bcaa' I took. Any advice would be really appreciated or any experience.

Thanks everyone :)

ajej4780
09-08-2015, 01:56 PM
OP I would check with my doctor. I could say yes or no here, but I'm no doctor. Creatine monohydrate is a great supplement, but mental health is important too. Oh and if your doc says Creatine is bad for people...find a new doc. =-)

wishiwasdivin
09-08-2015, 02:11 PM
OP, it would be in your best interest to consult with your physician before you adding supplements.

berty182
09-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Not sure if my doctor will know the answer, just need to know if they can affect anti depressants really as I only found out that bcaa's counter act them after experiencing it myself and reading up on other who experienced it too

Bigdumogre
09-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Not sure if my doctor will know the answer, just need to know if they can affect anti depressants really as I only found out that bcaa's counter act them after experiencing it myself and reading up on other who experienced it too

All protein has bcaa in it so eating counter acts it?

berty182
09-10-2015, 03:51 AM
It works differently in tablet form, for the same reason I can't have protein shakes I have to have my protein source from natural foods like chicken, steak etc. I can't give you the proper scientific version because I'm not scientific enough haha

emergency
09-10-2015, 06:12 PM
if your doc doesnt know check with your pharmacist.