PDA

View Full Version : Is my diet crap?

zaables
09-06-2015, 05:50 AM
I've recently decided to start working out and quickly learnt I need a high calorie diet (I'm 17y.o. 195cm and 75kg). After a bit of refining I got this, but i have no idea if its horrible or not. I feel as though get 1250 calories from a weight gainer is somehow "too good to be true" and i'd love any advice on how to improve this. Thanks

Edit: I've left dinner out because it changes daily, im aware it'll add a little bit more but it should be fine

Mrpb
09-06-2015, 05:59 AM
Fiber and micronutrients might be lacking. You can check on www.cronometer.com

1250 calories of mass gainer wouldn't be my choice. You could be eating delicious foods instead. You'd get the same benefits with more micronutrients.

Thanos7Rocks
09-06-2015, 07:44 AM
I've recently decided to start working out and quickly learnt I need a high calorie diet (I'm 17y.o. 195cm and 75kg). After a bit of refining I got this, but i have no idea if its horrible or not. I feel as though get 1250 calories from a weight gainer is somehow "too good to be true" and i'd love any advice on how to improve this. Thanks

Edit: I've left dinner out because it changes daily, im aware it'll add a little bit more but it should be fine

Too much or too little is individual; you have to figure it out! Weigh any calorie before entering your mouth. Stick with nutritious food, veggies and fruits for the health benefits. Reduce supplements as much as you can. Food cannot be substituted with any powder!

jdl22
09-06-2015, 08:31 AM
Echoing what has been said, I definitely recommend the use of real, whole foods as opposed to supplements. Supplements are meant to supplement your diet in the case of insufficient macros- not a substitution for a healthier, better alternative in the form of a legitimate meal.

Best of luck with the journey!

magician27
09-06-2015, 08:42 AM
i would ditch gainer , instead of drinking sugar powder , just eat some nutritious food

zaables
09-06-2015, 01:03 PM
I ended up updated my diet to still include a supplement but one which is more protein focused and available in my area. Hows this?