PDA

View Full Version : Need a diet that won't cause me digestion problems or gas

Ozanguner92
09-05-2015, 06:33 AM
Hello guys,

Lately i've been eating almost the same **** everyday because i can't find any time to cook my own meals and since i have other career goals in front of me i won't be able to make the necessary time to prepare my every meal. So i've been getting my hands on everything with good macros (protein carbs fats) and ready to eaten.

But since i'm eating the same kind of things everyday i'm probably missing some vitamins and some of the foods i eat causes high amount of gas and digestion problems. I barely go take a sh*t every 2-3 days with the help of a medication.

I usually eat canned tuna fish or tuna sandwich, brown rice, white chickpeas ( sometimes yellow salted- roasted chickpeas,) ( probably the big part of the gas problem)

i drink coke-zero a lot ( 2-3 litres per day)

I eat banana-apple-nectarines

Prepared Lentil soup ( just putting water and its ready to go )

For breakfast i eat 5 eggs ( 2 whole 3 egg whites) with tomato,pepper, reduced fat yellow cheese, some hams all mixed and cooked. ( In turkey its called menemen)

I eat around 2700 calories and my macros are 180-190 protein , 60-75 fat, and the rest is carbs. I weigh around 150-155 pounds ,my age is 23.

And this is pretty much have been my diet for the last 2 weeks.About 3 weeks ago i had a hemorroid problem which seems to be healing ( little part of it is still outside) and lately i've been having large amount of gas and feel uncomfortable in the stomach area. I think i need different foods to balance my diet and get the vitamins i need. Is there any dietary advices or maybe medications to help my digestion ?
I need time saving foods that i can eat without compromising my macros or calories, but also not to cause me any digestion problems.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

aquamarine84
09-05-2015, 08:46 AM
Hello guys,

That's probably as much of your problem as the chickpeas and lentils. I certainly have some digestive issues, but I know if I have too much soda (and I could easily drink that much if I let myself) I get bloated. Not just the carbonated water that contributes, but the sweeteners can cause bloat too.

nakkiz
09-05-2015, 10:58 AM
Diet soda is certainly a good idea to cut out. It bloats you like no tomorrow. 3 liters a day i a little excessive as well. Think of your teeth.

JonBana
09-05-2015, 11:06 AM
read the forum sticky's and learn the basics of nutrition , calories in calories out ,

you can lose weight eating pizza and ice cream everyday if you are burning more than you are taking in , very simple rules , now they are healthy ways to do it like most of us do , but there's to the individuals choice

Ozanguner92
09-05-2015, 01:54 PM
read the forum sticky's and learn the basics of nutrition , calories in calories out ,

you can lose weight eating pizza and ice cream everyday if you are burning more than you are taking in , very simple rules , now they are healthy ways to do it like most of us do , but there's to the individuals choiceDid you even read the content of the topic ? Its not about losing weight or calories or macros , its about digestive problems...

jdl22
09-05-2015, 08:08 PM
^ lol

OP: this MIGHT be entirely irrelevant- and, if so, disregard this message. I was dealing with an insane amount of curious bloating as well after locking in a convenient/macro-consistent diet this summer. I wasn't not ****ting at the frequency you've described, but I was still experiencing uncomfortable bloating.

Maybe once or twice a week I'll down a bowl of greek yogurt rife with probiotics and it seems to do the trick? Take this with a grain of salt because I have no idea how to properly diagnose our cases and am entirely unsure if they're even similar- but the greek yogurt with probiotics definitely helped me quite a bit with digestive issues.

Ozanguner92
09-06-2015, 01:24 AM
^ lol

OP: this MIGHT be entirely irrelevant- and, if so, disregard this message. I was dealing with an insane amount of curious bloating as well after locking in a convenient/macro-consistent diet this summer. I wasn't not ****ting at the frequency you've described, but I was still experiencing uncomfortable bloating.

Maybe once or twice a week I'll down a bowl of greek yogurt rife with probiotics and it seems to do the trick? Take this with a grain of salt because I have no idea how to properly diagnose our cases and am entirely unsure if they're even similar- but the greek yogurt with probiotics definitely helped me quite a bit with digestive issues.

In turkey we don't have greek yogurt, but we have reduced fat yogurt.
I looked up probiotics before too but i think they are for lactose intolerancy , if i remember correctly.
Digestion has been a problem all my life , i don't remember any time period in my life that i went to take a dump on a daily basis. I think i'll go see a doctor about this, i'm willing to use medication for life if its gonna solve my problem, i just can't deal with the fact that i have to cut out or reduce everything that will cause me digestion problems because most of the thing that causes digestive-gas problems are the things keeping me on my diet and macros

aquamarine84
09-06-2015, 05:40 AM
Probiotics cover over 300 species of bacteria and help not only with the digestion of various sugars (In my case I need it for fructose), but also your immune system and may also play a role in things like mental health. If it's not the soda, you'll probably benefit from them. Certainly you have kefir? It's an even better source of probiotics than yogurt.

Ozanguner92
09-06-2015, 06:18 AM
Probiotics cover over 300 species of bacteria and help not only with the digestion of various sugars (In my case I need it for fructose), but also your immune system and may also play a role in things like mental health. If it's not the soda, you'll probably benefit from them. Certainly you have kefir? It's an even better source of probiotics than yogurt.Yes we do have kefir, i will try that thank you for your advice :)

Mrpb
09-06-2015, 06:42 AM
Hello guys,

Lately i've been eating almost the same **** everyday because i can't find any time to cook my own meals and since i have other career goals in front of me i won't be able to make the necessary time to prepare my every meal. So i've been getting my hands on everything with good macros (protein carbs fats) and ready to eaten.

But since i'm eating the same kind of things everyday i'm probably missing some vitamins and some of the foods i eat causes high amount of gas and digestion problems. I barely go take a sh*t every 2-3 days with the help of a medication.

I usually eat canned tuna fish or tuna sandwich, brown rice, white chickpeas ( sometimes yellow salted- roasted chickpeas,) ( probably the big part of the gas problem)

I eat banana-apple-nectarines

Prepared Lentil soup ( just putting water and its ready to go )

For breakfast i eat 5 eggs ( 2 whole 3 egg whites) with tomato,pepper, reduced fat yellow cheese, some hams all mixed and cooked. ( In turkey its called menemen)

I eat around 2700 calories and my macros are 180-190 protein , 60-75 fat, and the rest is carbs. I weigh around 150-155 pounds ,my age is 23.

And this is pretty much have been my diet for the last 2 weeks. About 3 weeks ago i had a hemorroid problem which seems to be healing ( little part of it is still outside) and lately i've been having large amount of gas and feel uncomfortable in the stomach area. I think i need different foods to balance my diet and get the vitamins i need. Is there any dietary advices or maybe medications to help my digestion ?
I need time saving foods that i can eat without compromising my macros or calories, but also not to cause me any digestion problems.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Your diet is probably low of fiber. Aim for at least ~38 gram or more.

gbullock32
09-06-2015, 09:55 AM
Your diet is probably low of fiber. Aim for at least ~38 gram or more.Likely the issue; OP you can get some bulk psylium (spelling?) husk or another fiber supplement to help. Some more fibrous foods that are easy can help too- oats, many cereals, fruits and veggies would all be good sources.

Ozanguner92
09-07-2015, 08:46 AM
I reduced the soda to 1-1,5 litres per day. I also cut out the chickpeas completely and gas-bloating issues seems to be gone for the last 2 days.I try to eat more smaller meals than less larger meals i think that helps too. Now my only problem is going to the toilet on a daily basis. Any suggestions ?

Mrpb
09-07-2015, 08:49 AM
I reduced the soda to 1-1,5 litres per day. I also cut out the chickpeas completely and gas-bloating issues seems to be gone for the last 2 days.I try to eat more smaller meals than less larger meals i think that helps too. Now my only problem is going to the toilet on a daily basis. Any suggestions ?

Yes read my post again.

tara19
09-07-2015, 09:40 PM
I would cut the soda completely.. as well as upping fibre intake.

viccles007
09-08-2015, 12:23 AM
Likely the issue; OP you can get some bulk psylium (spelling?) husk or another fiber supplement to help. Some more fibrous foods that are easy can help too- oats, many cereals, fruits and veggies would all be good sources.

Again, he needs to be careful not to over fibre because that can also cause issues.

bartolomei
09-08-2015, 12:57 AM
Your diet is probably low of fiber. Aim for at least ~38 gram or more.

OP, this can help relieve constipation ^^

Which means plant foods, as nonprocessed as possible: vegetables, fruits (but not apples, pears or mango, which can cause gas) or whole grains. What will not likely help is potatoes, white rice, white bread.

About bloating: The same way as chickpeas, other legumes (beans, peas, lentils) can cause a lot of gas. Also oats and barley. Sweeteners that can cause gas include sorbitol, xylitol, maltitol, mannitol, fructose and high fructose corn syrup (in some sodas and chewing gum).

And drink enough water--not a lot--just enough.

peasandlove
09-08-2015, 01:05 AM
Lentils and chick peas both give me gas. The worst I had in my life was on holiday in Turkey actually lol

Try dried apricots to get you moving. Found that out the hard way...