PDA

View Full Version : Accurate foodscale?

gokusdog
09-04-2015, 03:09 PM
So my current foodscale is about ~20 grams off per 200 and I'm going to return it. I would appreciate it if you guys and gals could name off some really good food scales preferably with a calibration function but it's not a requirement if the scale is highly accurate. Thanks

jer52
09-04-2015, 07:52 PM
So my current foodscale is about ~20 grams off per 200 and I'm going to return it. I would appreciate it if you guys and gals could name off some really good food scales preferably with a calibration function but it's not a requirement if the scale is highly accurate. Thanks
Not sure where you are located, but this is the one that i use and it works pretty well with me.
target.com/p/taylor-digital-11lb-led-display-black-glass-food-scale/-/A-13370919#prodSlot=medium_1_8&term=food+scale

NoCarbsNoSugar
09-04-2015, 08:38 PM
my current foodscale is about ~20 grams off per 200

I don't know that I'd keep a scale that is that much off, even if it could be calibrated
just get a scale that weighs well from the start
which scale did you get?

gokusdog
09-08-2015, 06:13 PM
I don't know that I'd keep a scale that is that much off, even if it could be calibrated
just get a scale that weighs well from the start
which scale did you get?

It was just a standard taylor scale, but I put a glass on it, tared it out, poured in one cup of water exactly and it was ~20 grams off what it should have been.

Any other suggestions on food scales?

x-ray vision
09-08-2015, 07:41 PM
It's not realistic to try to measure a cup of water within 20 grams. I'd buy an accurate weight for calibrating if I was as picky as you.

MetilHed
09-08-2015, 07:56 PM
It's not realistic to try to measure a cup of water within 20 grams. I'd buy an accurate weight for calibrating if I was as picky as you.

I tried to point that out in his other scale thread, but that wasn't the answer he wanted to hear.