PDA

View Full Version : Post Contest Binge

applepie1234
09-02-2015, 05:55 AM
What are some of the reasons for post contest binging? Is it due to low levels of body fat? For example, if a person went from 15% bf to 7% bf, would he be more likely to binge compared to another person who went from 20% bf to 12% bf?

Nytmair
09-02-2015, 06:32 AM
The reason is because most people are crazy restricted on contest prep and want to indulge after a long period of restriction.

applepie1234
09-02-2015, 06:45 AM
The reason is because most people are crazy restricted on contest prep and want to indulge after a long period of restriction.

So this would apply even if a "normal" person went on a very restrictive diet but still ended up at a relatively high body fat?

ironwill2008
09-02-2015, 07:33 AM
What are some of the reasons for post contest binging? Is it due to low levels of body fat? For example, if a person went from 15% bf to 7% bf, would he be more likely to binge compared to another person who went from 20% bf to 12% bf?

Are you currently receiving professional help for your eating issues, OP?

Shredthetics
09-02-2015, 10:06 AM
It's just a mental issue.
Contest prep is not mentally or physically healthy by any means.

After a point, most people end up having to restrict certain foods from their diet for lengthy periods leading to extreme cravings ect..
I know it's "bro science" but when your extremely low in body fat, not all macronutrient are equal in the way they affect a person's physique.. bloating, distention, fluid balance, performance, ect... so someone may cut out things like all dairy/wheat/red meats/refined sugars/eggs/protein powders/certain fats..

I won't go as far to say that it always leads to the development of an eating disorder, but such restrictions can, and often do, lead to binge eating once free from the restrictions.

ie. I ate everything I wanted 4 days post prep-dieiting and gained around 20lb that week. I didn't continue that trend but I needed the mental break.

Not everyone binges, and not everyone needs to restrict their diet for competition prep.

isaiahmartinez9
10-07-2015, 09:55 PM
It is true, I myself have just finished day 4 of semi binging since my competition. Basically, when I'm hungry I eat. It's not all bad but it's most definitely not all good. I have stayed away from alcohol and have managed to take in at least 2 gallons of water a day. I have serious bloat and am cramping everything I attempt a workout, therefore I have decided to take the week off to give my body a break. I would love to get rid of this water weight and bloat before Next week so I can go into my bulking diet for next season. I'm a rookie only 2 shows under my belt therefore I am not sure what to do to get these results. I have heard it takes your body time to get used to higher caloric intake and then it will flush it all out, but if anyone has any insight on how to go about speeding up the process somewhat I would listen.

desslok
10-07-2015, 10:03 PM

If you are competing at those BF%s then I have some bad news...

Mrpb
10-07-2015, 11:29 PM

Under 10% most get really hungry. Has to do with hormones.

jakecork
10-08-2015, 01:26 AM
Just came out of comp prep - currently reverse dieting. IIFYM helped massively for me but the human body itself does like to pig out from time to time. I had a big feed a couple of times after my comp but back on macros days after. 3 weeks post show I am still at staged weight (maybe 1 lb over stage weight and calories are up by 600). I think its a mental thing - regardless how good IIFYM is, when you get to nitty gritty stage of last few % BF - you choose more satiating foods over nice food = restrictions.

jakecork
10-08-2015, 01:27 AM
It is true, I myself have just finished day 4 of semi binging since my competition. Basically, when I'm hungry I eat. It's not all bad but it's most definitely not all good. I have stayed away from alcohol and have managed to take in at least 2 gallons of water a day. I have serious bloat and am cramping everything I attempt a workout, therefore I have decided to take the week off to give my body a break. I would love to get rid of this water weight and bloat before Next week so I can go into my bulking diet for next season. I'm a rookie only 2 shows under my belt therefore I am not sure what to do to get these results. I have heard it takes your body time to get used to higher caloric intake and then it will flush it all out, but if anyone has any insight on how to go about speeding up the process somewhat I would listen.

Reverse diet

muruku
10-08-2015, 05:23 AM

https://www.facebook.com/ebpcoaching/posts/1610273619242949

nakkiz
10-08-2015, 06:47 AM
https://www.facebook.com/ebpcoaching/posts/1610273619242949

Really interesting read. Thank you!

MoeCrusader07
10-08-2015, 07:17 AM
Well,

I wasn't preparing for a contest but I was on a strict diet for the past 5 months after letting myself go for several years due to just idiotic self-destructive behavior but a story for another time.

Anyways, little bro got married and I had lost 50lbs probably close to 15% BF if not more. I said I was on vacation, I have earned this, so I indulged quite a bit. I ate relatively healthy during the day but the rehearsal dinner evening as well as the wedding itself, I indulged like crazy. The rehearsal dinner, no sh*t I think I ate minimum 3lbs of food, it might have been upwards of 5. Lol, I was in pain when I went to bed, the last two pieces of pie making it 5 pieces were a mistake, lmao.

That was the worst night though, the other days when I could control my meals, I did but I didn't limit myself I ate what was served including two huge NY Strips that were freaking marvelous on the wedding night. Little bro married some money, lol would not have been surprised if the steaks were prime, they were that good.

Anyways, it was worth it. I feel no guilt over it and shockingly only put on about 1-2lbs. Now, I wasn't at contest levels of BF, sitting at 10-11%, plus I was on my feet quite a bit walked the town all of Saturday night, so was fairly active the entire trip.

I went right back to my cut diet since returning and plan on remaining on it another month or so before I go maintenance for a bit than maybe try some sort of lean or cyclical bulk.

But, I guess where I am going with all this is, I am not even eating to the extremes of contest prep and I needed those 3 days. It helped with my sanity, and I killed a lot of cravings. Oh that pie was so worth it. I no longer drink, but I felt literally drunk after I ate the pie, lol.