PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

Cyphonik
08-30-2015, 05:09 PM
I have been reading a lot of information on this website and in the forums and I have to ask the question of how many calories I am suppose to eat and also what is the best type of exercises I can do for myself. I am a beginner and have never lifted weights and do not own any either. I have been told if you want to lose weight you need to run a lot. I also have a hard time doing this because it is boring and I get to the point after a mile that I feel like it is dumb to keep doing it. I am one that does not like doing the same exact thing for long periods of time.

I know that this is vague but I want to know what I can do besides running and lifting weights (since I don't own any) to allow myself to get a weight loss exercises. I have just started doing pushups, squats, and sit-ups last week and not sure if this is the correct approach if I am trying to lose weight from my midsection. I do not claim to be an expert and actually feel like I am the exact opposite. Please understand that I do not need the advise of reduce calories, eat veggies, eat fruit. I understand this part of it. What I want is by next summer I want to be able to see my abs coming through, I am not talking like a model or anything but at least know that I don't have a flat tire around my waist but actually have some muscle in that area. all help appreciated.

Male
218 lbs
25% body fat

puriku
08-30-2015, 07:40 PM
So your goal is to see abs next summer and currently you're at 25% bf.

You say you don't need advice on nutrition, I hope you have studied what eating clean is, how to calculate your TDEE and set your macros. Just want to say that you won't achieve your goal without a proper diet plan.

About exercises, of course going to the gym is the best option, but you can achieve the needed weigh loss by bodyweight exercises combined with cardio too. Try getting some weights to add when the body weight exercises get too easy. You have to be pushing yourself every time to achieve great results.

If running is not your thing, try hiking, HIIT (sprints, jumping rope, burpees etc...), cycling....
At your current state it doesn't really matter that much, just get in to that lifestyle where you regularly exercise.