PDA

View Full Version : My cut is not working anymore. Help

thatshype
08-25-2015, 12:33 PM
So here is my story. I used to weigh 228 lbs aprox. 2 years ago. I changed my diet and i strictly started to do one hour cardio a day 4 times a week. I eventually got to about 190 pounds and i got lazy for the winter. When spring hit again i continued my same routine and this time by winter I hit 160 pounds (My current weight) and then winter hit again.

This year i realized that yes i lost the weight but I didn't lose what i really wanted to lose which was my stomach fat. I searched and searched different forums on here and i found a couple.

For workout routines i started doing the Fierce 5

Workout A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Pendlay Rows 3x8
Reverse Flies 3x10
Calf raises 2x15/Tricep pressdowns 2x10 Superset
Workout B
Front Squat 3x5
Incline Bench 3x5
Romanian Deadlift 3x8
Lat Pulldowns 3x8
Ab work 2x15/Curls 2x10 Superset (I donít care what ab work you do)

I did this routine from about the end of April until July.

I also found some new cutting diets I could use. Here is what a daily day looked like.

1800 calories a day: 178g Protein, 91g Carbs, 75g fat.
a simple 40 40 20 Diet.

April 5th 2015
Breakfast:
Unsweetened Almond Milk 1 cup: 30cal
Maple Brown Sugar Cereal 1/2 cup: 110cal

Lunch:
Baby Spinach 10z: 7cal
Brown Rice 1/2 cup: 108cal
Chicken Breast 6oz: 195

Dinner:
Whey Protein Cookies and Cream 2 Scoops: 260cal
Chicken Breast 6oz: 195cal
Grilled Green Bell Pepper: 8cal
Avocado Raw: 161cal
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1.5tbsp: 180cal
Onions Raw: 9cal

Snacks:
Oven Roasted Turkey Breast: 50cal
String Cheese: 70cal
Peanut Butter Bar Protein: 240cal
Almonds 14g: 80cal

I was also weighing my food with a scale i got on amazon.

I did this up until around The beginning of July. I saw some good results but my stomach fat barley went anywhere.

I then moved onto Fierce 5 novice routine like the forums said.

This is the one I chose and the one I am still currently doing.

The Intermediate Upper/Lower

Upper A
Incline Bench 3x5
Decline DB Bench 3x8
Lat Pulldowns 3x8
Bent Over Rows 3x8
Curls 3x10/Reverse Flies 3x12 Superset

Lower A
Squats 3x5
Weighted Back Extensions 3x8
Leg Press 3x10
Leg Curls 3x10
Ab work 3x15/Calf raises 3x12 Superset

Upper B
Bench 3x5
Incline Flies 3x8
Pullups 3x8
Pendlay Rows 3x8
Face Pulls 3x12/Tricep pressdowns 3x10 Superset

Lower B
Front Squat 3x5
Romanian Deadlift 3x8
Leg Extensions 3x10
Leg Curls 3x10
Ab work 3x15/Calf Raises 3x12 Superset

This is what my food intake now looks like:

1800cal goal

Breakfast:
Almond Milk 1 cup: 30cal
100% Natural Whole Grain Oats 40g: 150cal

Lunch:

Dinner:
Gold Standard Whey White Chocolate 2.5 scoops: 300cal
Egg White Omelet 3 eggs: 50cal
Sesame Oil 1 Tbsp: 120cal

Snacks:
Classic Hummus With Pretzels 1 cup: 260cal
Almonds Raw Unsalted 56g: 320cal

Another Day

Mon Aug 17 1800cal goal

Breakfast:
Almond Milk 1 cup: 30cal
100% Natural Whole Grain Oats 40g: 150cal

Lunch:
Sesame Oil 1tbsp: 120cal

Dinner:
Chunk White Albacore 2oz: 60cal
Gold Standard Whey White Chocolate 2 scoops: 240cal
Brown Rice 0.2cup: 54cal

Snacks:
Almonds Raw Unsalted 56g: 320cal
String Cheese: 70cal
No stir Creamy Peanut Butter 2tbsp: 200cal

I do cardio as well. I try and do a mile a day 4 times a week. The same days I workout. 4 Days a week.

So Now that I've gone through my routines I need advice on it.
What am I doing wrong? Its been about 5 months and I have had no major results or in the past two months no results at all. This year I do not want to get lazy in the winter and I will keep working out. But, I don't know if What i am doing is right.

I will take any advice. Maybe there are some major things that I am completely missing. Also If you need more information I will gladly provide it. Whatever will help more.

In advance thank you.

I just want to hit my goal and stay there. I am more than halfway there, I am now just stuck.

Alludc
08-25-2015, 01:46 PM
have you tried Carb cycling? It got me through a couple cut ruts. Its tough, but works wonders on "resetting" things.

Aesthetic99
08-26-2015, 10:51 PM
Try upping your caloric intake by 100 calories and reassess.

thatshype
10-27-2015, 03:29 PM
What exactly is that?

Tommy W.
10-27-2015, 05:03 PM
You don't need to carb cycle or eat more. You need toe eat LESS. the only way to lose fat is to create a calorie deficit. If your weight is stable you're eating at maintenance and you need to lower calories and\or increase activity. Stomach fat is the last to go so you just have to tough it out and keep going.

tara19
10-27-2015, 08:03 PM
I'm confused you say you have a food scale yet you list all your foods as "tbsp" "cups" "scoops"?
I think there may be some error in your counting.
Regardless, lower your calories or increase activity.

KowboysUp
10-27-2015, 09:00 PM
I'm confused you say you have a food scale yet you list all your foods as "tbsp" "cups" "scoops"?

What Tara said.

Sorry to the above posters, but eating the same amount in a different way, or eating more, is NOT THE ANSWER. If you are not losing weight, you need a wider deficit from either less food or more activity. It is possible that 1,800 Kcals is not low enough for you to lose weight, but highly unlikely. It's much more likely that you are not counting accurately for some reason.

kneedestroyer
10-27-2015, 09:06 PM
You don't need to carb cycle or eat more. You need toe eat LESS. the only way to lose fat is to create a calorie deficit. If your weight is stable you're eating at maintenance and you need to lower calories and\or increase activity. Stomach fat is the last to go so you just have to tough it out and keep going.

This! The only way to lose weight is by a calorie deficit. There is a couple ways to create a calorie deficit. You can either eat less OR do more cardio to burn up additional calories or both. Make sure you get a accurate account on how many calories you are eating, weigh EVERYTHING. If you are drinking soda's, juices, coffee with added **** in there like sugar cut it all out.

ESCOTTI
10-28-2015, 05:36 AM

^^exactly my thoughts..

^^This- Once again, solid advise Tommy.

barbariancase
10-28-2015, 07:13 AM
Once you hit a fatloss wall you either drop calories lower or go back up in calories to maintenance and slowly to boost your metabolism back up(reverse dieting).

Tommy W.
10-28-2015, 08:42 AM
or go back up in calories to maintenance and slowly to boost your metabolism back up(reverse dieting).This is for the very lean. Unless you're below 10% this will only set you back, same with refeeds