PDA

View Full Version : Ex-NFL QB Erik Kramer Wounded in Apparent Suicide Attempt

James24WR
08-20-2015, 10:46 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-nfl-qb-erik-kramer-wounded-apparent-suicide-attempt-sources-n412831

Sad stuff, however i don't think it was completely from his injuries in the NFL. His son died from ODing on drugs back in 2011. Thoughts and prayers with him and his family.

jbball92
08-20-2015, 10:50 AM
"After attending Los Angeles Pierce College and playing as their quarterback, Kramer transferred to North Carolina State University where he finished a successful college football career. He was not drafted by an NFL team, but did see action in 1987, when he played for the Atlanta Falcons as a replacement player during the NFL players strike. He would then spend some time in the CFL with the Calgary Stampeders. Kramer would return to the NFL in 1991, when he became a surprise starter for the Detroit Lions after injuries sidelined Rodney Peete. Kramer played in 13 games, led the Lions to a 12-4 record, their first playoff victory since the 1950s, and a trip to the NFC Championship Game."

just a quick bio

The_Albatross
08-20-2015, 10:51 AM
Sad to see Bears QBs still can't hit their target.

James24WR
08-20-2015, 10:54 AM
"After attending Los Angeles Pierce College and playing as their quarterback, Kramer transferred to North Carolina State University where he finished a successful college football career. He was not drafted by an NFL team, but did see action in 1987, when he played for the Atlanta Falcons as a replacement player during the NFL players strike. He would then spend some time in the CFL with the Calgary Stampeders. Kramer would return to the NFL in 1991, when he became a surprise starter for the Detroit Lions after injuries sidelined Rodney Peete. Kramer played in 13 games, led the Lions to a 12-4 record, their first playoff victory since the 1950s, and a trip to the NFC Championship Game."

just a quick bio Yep, being an NC State fan is why this stuck out to me. Although i wasn't even alive when he was playing for NCSU, I do know he was an overachiever who really worked hard. sad stuff.

James24WR
08-20-2015, 11:07 AM
Sad to see Bears QBs still can't hit their target. damn breh

Lunatic
08-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Sad to see Bears QBs still can't hit their target.****ing lost it

HankScorp1o
08-20-2015, 11:52 AM
Sad to see Bears QBs still can't hit their target.http://i.imgur.com/rfW8v8g.gif

Targzissian
08-20-2015, 11:54 AM
The Bears know who not to hire as Jay's coach. If only Jay was a linebacker and Seau was still alive.