PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on trophy hunting?

southernwinds34
08-19-2015, 03:11 PM
I'm glad people are starting to wake up how messed up and mentally ill some must be to actually want to kill an animal not to survive and for food; but for sport and fun. With the Walter Palmer kill coming out, what are your guys thoughts on this? Personally, I'm not some animal rights activist but I really believe these people have a mental disorder.

Sooner it's banned the better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA01qhgF47Y

This isnt ghost and the darkness, this guy killed this animal that was of no threat. Really a psychopathic tendency.

BadMonkeyFunker
08-19-2015, 03:14 PM
Trump Defends His Sons' Sick Hobby Of Killing Innocent Animals

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/stasi-hed-article-1.2311902

gixxer0.6g
08-19-2015, 03:16 PM
I don't think you should have an opinion on hunting until you've actually done it.

BadMonkeyFunker
08-19-2015, 03:18 PM
I don't think you should have an opinion on hunting until you've actually done it.

So we shouldn't have an opinion on murder unless we kill someone ?

Go on.. LMFAO

southernwinds34
08-19-2015, 03:21 PM
I don't think you should have an opinion on hunting until you've actually done it.As my hunting friends say, "Hunting for food is circle of life. Hunting for fun and joy is mentally disturbing."

You have a problem if you kill for sport.

MinisterOfLust
08-19-2015, 03:23 PM

U wot M8

gixxer0.6g
08-19-2015, 03:24 PM
So we shouldn't have an opinion on murder unless we kill someone ?

Go on.. LMFAO

Exactly.

Besides, have you tards ever tasted bear? I'm pretty sure road kill tastes better than a male brown bear. The locals can have the meat. I'm making a nice rug.

southernwinds34
08-19-2015, 03:25 PM
U wot M8 He said yo u should be allowed to kill an animal for fun because it's not different than killing a animal for food.

i'd bet money if the world banned trophy hunting many of these weirdos would be found killing dogs or humans. Its a mental disorder. I don't understand how people disagree

southernwinds34
08-19-2015, 03:26 PM
Exactly.

Besides, have you tards ever tasted bear? I'm pretty sure road kill tastes better than a male brown bear. The locals can have the meat. I'm making a nice rug.lol youre an embarassment to the state of montana.

JRMoore82
08-19-2015, 03:29 PM
Exactly.

Besides, have you tards ever tasted bear? I'm pretty sure road kill tastes better than a male brown bear. The locals can have the meat. I'm making a nice rug.

Beaver tastes pretty good too

gixxer0.6g
08-19-2015, 03:30 PM
lol youre an embarassment to the state of montana.

I don't think you should have an opinion on Montana until you've actually lived in Montana.

Also,

Kimmel is a phag!

southernwinds34
08-19-2015, 03:35 PM
. It reminds me of the trophys Dahmer and Gein kept after killing their victims. Granted, its not a human but the same concept applies. A need to kill not for survival, but for joy. Thats weird

Vexidi
08-19-2015, 03:36 PM

lol if you think that'll stop the slack jawed phaggits from flapping their lips. Miscers have all kinds of opinions on sex with women and they don't do that either.

southernwinds34
08-19-2015, 03:36 PM
I don't think you should have an opinion on Montana until you've actually lived in Montana.

Also,

Kimmel is a phag!lol and all my hunting bros reading this say youre a a creep and a tool.

JRMoore82
08-19-2015, 03:37 PM
Kimmel is a phag!

Should you call kimmel a phag unless you've slept with him?

gixxer0.6g
08-19-2015, 03:39 PM
Beaver tastes pretty good too

Beaver tail? That's nasty.

http://cdn2.crushable.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Allison-Williams-getting-her-butt-eaten-Girls-January-2015-GIF.gif

lol if you think that'll stop the slack jawed phaggits from flapping their lips. Miscers have all kinds of opinions on sex with women and they don't do that either.

Valid point.

southernwinds34
08-19-2015, 03:41 PM
lol if you think that'll stop the slack jawed phaggits from flapping their lips. Miscers have all kinds of opinions on sex with women and they don't do that either.Meh. Ryan Bingham thinks you area douche of a texan for supporting this.

More Texan than you, slack jaweged phaggit

linkherooftime
08-19-2015, 03:43 PM
I don't condone it but I couldn't care less if it gets banned or not, same with bullfighting.

gixxer0.6g
08-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Meh. Ryan Bingham thinks you area douche of a texan for supporting this.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/UNICEF+Playlist+List+Celebrity+Karaoke+Benefit+wBK keioi5wKm.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/99/0d/3e/990d3e1b0b699082ea46a5c18c86ab69.gif

Vexidi
08-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Meh. Ryan Bingham thinks you area douche of a texan for supporting this.

I bleed Lone Star beer, Junior. No one is more Texan than me.

southernwinds34
08-19-2015, 03:49 PM
I bleed Lone Star beer, Junior. No one is more Texan than me.http://carnageandculture.blogspot.com/2008/04/for-ryan-bingham-rawness-is-real.html

Ok, im gonna grab a 6 pack, blast some guy clark and tell you you aint chit

JRMoore82
08-19-2015, 03:49 PM
I bleed Lone Star beer, Junior. No one is more Texan than me.

http://i.imgur.com/wuQxi1a.jpg

southernwinds34
08-19-2015, 03:50 PM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/UNICEF+Playlist+List+Celebrity+Karaoke+Benefit+wBK keioi5wKm.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/99/0d/3e/990d3e1b0b699082ea46a5c18c86ab69.gifmeh

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Y-DbBvf7R5Y/R_QpOjo_BUI/AAAAAAAAJx4/rJd1Hoo_k0o/s400/37263944.jpg

daisygirl713
08-19-2015, 03:53 PM
As my hunting friends say, "Hunting for food is circle of life. Hunting for fun and joy is mentally disturbing."

You have a problem if you kill for sport.
100% agree. I've always believed that if you are taking a life, at least honor the life by eating the meat and taking nourishment from the sacrifice.
However, to take a life just to hang a head on your wall...it's the epitome of ego and self absorption. Comes down to a total lack of empathy and lack of respect for life [other than one's own].

gixxer0.6g
08-19-2015, 03:59 PM
100% agree. I've always believed that if you are taking a life, at least honor the life by eating the meat and taking nourishment from the sacrifice.
However, to take a life just to hang a head on your wall...it's the epitome of ego and self absorption. Comes down to a total lack of empathy and lack of respect for life [other than one's own].

What if the meat is really gamey? Antelope tastes like sage brush. Muley is hit-or-miss

I suppose if you're from Texas and used to eating squirrels then you aren't as picky. But the only thing I'm eating is elk. The rest can go on my wall.

Vexidi
08-19-2015, 04:01 PM
http://carnageandculture.blogspot.com/2008/04/for-ryan-bingham-rawness-is-real.html

Ok, im gonna grab a 6 pack, blast some guy clark and tell you you aint chit

Now you're getting somewhere! At least you moved on to someone who was actually born in Texas and doesn't look dainty like a woman. I like you man. Hell, I'd let you fuk my sister for free.

I suppose if you're from Texas and used to eating squirrels then you aren't as picky

Whats that supposed to mean? Squirrels are a delicacy when you eat coon and possum on the reg.

JRMoore82
08-19-2015, 04:08 PM
What if the meat is really gamey? Antelope tastes like sage brush. Muley is hit-or-miss

I suppose if you're from Texas and used to eating squirrels then you aren't as picky. But the only thing I'm eating is elk. The rest can go on my wall.

While we're at it.....what about blowing up pigs with thermite just for sport ?

Texans.

Vexidi
08-19-2015, 04:11 PM
While we're at it.....what about blowing up pigs with thermite just for sport ?

Texans.

*tannerite

An AR/AK won't drop them fast enough and I don't have a full auto cert....yet

linkherooftime
08-19-2015, 04:13 PM
As for hunting for food being part of the circle of life thing, eating animals is no longer a human necessity in this era of informantion. Just saying.

Thaddy99
08-19-2015, 04:31 PM
The principle itself is really fuked up.

But well-managed trophy hunting raises a lot of money which is used to protect the environment. Unless this money is raised otherwise, banning trophy hunting would be bad for animals and nature.

southernwinds34
08-19-2015, 04:41 PM
S
The principle itself is really fuked up.

But well-managed trophy hunting raises a lot of money which is used to protect the environment. Unless this money is raised otherwise, banning trophy hunting would be bad for animals and nature.So you dont find it to be some sort of mental disorder?

southernwinds34
08-19-2015, 04:43 PM
Now you're getting somewhere! At least you moved on to someone who was actually born in Texas and doesn't look dainty like a woman. I like you man. Hell, I'd let you fuk my sister for free.

Whats that supposed to mean? Squirrels are a delicacy when you eat coon and possum on the reg.Meh. I cringed but whatvs. I banged my ex to joe ely and townes at a downtown loft in yuppie chicago

JRMoore82
08-19-2015, 05:55 PM
*tannerite

An AR/AK won't drop them fast enough and I don't have a full auto cert....yet

Soon

southernwinds34
08-19-2015, 05:57 PM
Honest question tho, why do those who do it feel compelled to? Food is not needed, just what makes you want to kill? Srs

smokeater
08-19-2015, 06:15 PM
I've never hunted and I don't take any issue with people who hunt for whatever reason. Some people hunt so they can have a nice trophy on their wall, some people pay others to do their killing so they can have a nice set of boots or jacket.

12,000 people die every year due to starvation (many of them children in Africa)
400,000 people will die of Malaria in Africa
250,000 people will be murdered in Africa

...and we are still talking about a dead lion. I don't remember the last time I saw Jimmy Kimmel crying about these people. I don't remember reading about the outrage for these dead Africans on every media source in North America. At test you might get the odd World Vision commercial at 3am. While society is crying about a dead lion, and turning a blind eye to people dying by the thousands, it may not be the best time to discuss who the psychopaths are.

crupiea
08-19-2015, 06:49 PM
No one in America needs to hunt for food but we do somehow need to control the animal population.

So if a hunter kills an animal and happens to have a full freezer of meat already, he is still doing us and the animal over population a service.

They dont just chop off the head and leave the rest to rot.

If they dont need the meat they donate it to worthy causes who feed people.

if we stop culling the herds then we will as well as the animals will have a major problem on our hands.

Hunting is a huge draw for Colorado for example. They license people to kill thousands of elk per year, elk, these damn things are enourmous. They want them hunted to cull the herds to a manageable amount. Stop doing it and they will soon over run their feeding areas and move into populated areas.

these are 800 pound male animals who are extremely territorial with a bad attitude and a full rack of antlers. Very dangerous. Do you want them hanging around your little kids in the back yard because thats where they will show up once food gets scarce.

If someone wants to get their kicks and spend thousands of dollars to get rid of them I say be my guest. keep in mind that i have never in my life seen a hunter lord over a kill and laugh because they killed the animal for sport and I doubt many of us here have seen that either. Sure, you take a pic with the big buck, hell , why not. i took a picture of myself on the top of the mountain, doesnt mean i bulldozed the damn thing, i met it on its own terms.

MuscleXtreme
08-19-2015, 07:02 PM
I find the practice of trophy hunting disgusting.

However, I do not find hunting, in of itself a bad thing. That is if the purpose of hunting is out of necessity or when the animal is actually going to be used for sustenance.

usersignup2
08-19-2015, 07:08 PM
I put sport fishing in the same category as trophy hunting. I just don't see the point. at the same time, I can't get too worked up over it. I eat meat and killing an animal for food instead of sport may seem morally superior but in the end, an animal died for my benefit and no amount of justification matters.

Anondragon2012
08-20-2015, 01:10 AM
I am not completely against hunting, as hunters often are the #1 conservationists in their environment.
When scientists advocate a culling or other environmental initiative, I think hunting is legitimate.

What I am against is essentially the unnecessary suffering of the animal.
One shot to the heart, and respect for the diseased, is the least you can do.
Whether you hunt to cull a population, or in ancient times to feed yourself & your family, you should respect what you kill.

To hunt an endangered specie with brutal weapons, extending its life so you can experience pleasure....
That's not human. That's untermensch/sub-human.

Hound hunting for example is inhuman.
Also from a sporting perspective, I find that if you dont go on equal footing with your prey, you have no honor.
Chasing a deer on horseback, with packs of dogs, and then executing the deer when its heart is about to explode from exhaustion and fear, is disgusting.

Im quite ashamed that the nobility of Europe engaged in such practices in old times.

gixxer0.6g
08-20-2015, 07:10 AM
No one in America needs to hunt for food but we do somehow need to control the animal population.

So if a hunter kills an animal and happens to have a full freezer of meat already, he is still doing us and the animal over population a service.

They dont just chop off the head and leave the rest to rot.

If they dont need the meat they donate it to worthy causes who feed people.

if we stop culling the herds then we will as well as the animals will have a major problem on our hands.

Hunting is a huge draw for Colorado for example. They license people to kill thousands of elk per year, elk, these damn things are enourmous. They want them hunted to cull the herds to a manageable amount. Stop doing it and they will soon over run their feeding areas and move into populated areas.

these are 800 pound male animals who are extremely territorial with a bad attitude and a full rack of antlers. Very dangerous. Do you want them hanging around your little kids in the back yard because thats where they will show up once food gets scarce.

If someone wants to get their kicks and spend thousands of dollars to get rid of them I say be my guest. keep in mind that i have never in my life seen a hunter lord over a kill and laugh because they killed the animal for sport and I doubt many of us here have seen that either. Sure, you take a pic with the big buck, hell , why not. i took a picture of myself on the top of the mountain, doesnt mean i bulldozed the damn thing, i met it on its own terms.

Bravo.

I'm all cool with normal hunters

Trophy hunters though, wouldn't piss on fire to put them out.

If you ask me, all hunters are trophy hunters. Very few are out there with the sole purpose of filling their freezer. That's just an added bonus. I would say 9 out of 10 are there to drop the biggest buck in the area. If you've got the appropriate tag and you have the choice between a doe or buck that's going to score 200+ you know which one they're going to take.

CitizenVagrant
08-20-2015, 07:30 AM
Poachers will exist no matter what you do. Palmer paid some immense amount of money to someone who said they were "legal", although Palmer himself was found in the past to have skirted the law trying to drag carcasses over property lines / etc. Whether Palmer wanted to be legal or not in this case - who knows. He obviously should have known something was up when he saw the collar on the Lion.

Fact of the matter is there aren't many species that require "population management." And out of those that do, none of them are Apex Predators as far as I'm aware.

There's zero "need" to hunt a Lion, Tiger, Elephant, Rhino, Bear, or similar apex predator. If one of these is threatening a civilization, it's probably an aberration for some reason - human encroachment or similar disruption of it's natural habitat or environment that is forcing it into contact with Humans.

That said, there are plenty of fair game animals that do require population management and are challenging to hunt, provided you hunt correctly. Any retard can drop a bag of corn under a tree stand and wait for a Deer to come by and shoot it within 10 yards. Deer have no predators that strike from the trees, and therefore almost never look up. But trying to hunt the same Deer in a spot-and-stalk type scenario wherein you are moving, on the ground, and not using any bait? A lot different story.

Coyotes and Hogs are other animals that actually do require pop management and should be hunted for their own good unless you'd like more incursions of these animals closer and closer to civilization. Hogs do billions in Agricultural damage every year. Coyotes rape Deer populations and disrupt ecosystems when they migrate.

Last thing I'll say is this (in before chitstorm). Bow hunting can be ethical, but only when you're taking ethical shots. It is extremely, EXTREMELY difficult to take an ethical shot with a bow for a variety of reasons, but most notably because the animal WILL hear the sound of the bowstring before the arrow arrives. This is almost always going to result in your shot not landing where you want it to be, even if you are 100% accurate, you cannot predict how the animal will jolt when it reacts to the string. The only way to prevent this is to shoot from very close range, ie: 15 yards or so. This ensures adequate FPS of the arrow, as well as minimal chances of missing.

A bullet however will be breaking the sound barrier and therefore the bullet will arrive before the animal even hears the shot. Given that the shot is placed correctly, the animal can potentially be dead or black out (due to spike or loss of blood pressure) before it even realizes it has been shot. This would be the minimum amount of suffering one could potentially inflict.

Meanwhile an Arrow? Most Bowhunters are going for Lung Shots with bows, largely due to the fact that hitting the heart with an arrow is extremely difficult for reasons described above (yes even with your tuned up Compound). That said, arrow kills due to lung shots come from the animal suffocating as its blood fills its lungs. That takes about 2 minutes or so (how long can you hold your breath) for it to actually black out and a little longer than that to lose enough oxygen to die.

So yeah, go hunt **** all you want. There are plenty of places and things to hunt without being a damaging force on the ecosystem, or an unethical hunter.

BrocepCurls
08-20-2015, 08:02 AM
The whole "trophy hunting is the most horrific thing ever, but hunting to eat is fine hurr durr" retard line of argument makes zero sense, no one needs meat to survive (it is perhaps detrimental to health in excess, debatable) so really both are done purely out of pleasure and not out of necessity. Unless you live in the jungle and actually have to hunt to live, you aren't any better than trophy hunters, phaggots

BFast55
08-20-2015, 08:44 AM
I've never hunted and I don't take any issue with people who hunt for whatever reason. Some people hunt so they can have a nice trophy on their wall, some people pay others to do their killing so they can have a nice set of boots or jacket.

12,000 people die every year due to starvation (many of them children in Africa)
400,000 people will die of Malaria in Africa
250,000 people will be murdered in Africa

...and we are still talking about a dead lion. I don't remember the last time I saw Jimmy Kimmel crying about these people. I don't remember reading about the outrage for these dead Africans on every media source in North America. At test you might get the odd World Vision commercial at 3am. While society is crying about a dead lion, and turning a blind eye to people dying by the thousands, it may not be the best time to discuss who the psychopaths are.
This.

linkherooftime
08-20-2015, 08:54 AM
The whole "trophy hunting is the most horrific thing ever, but hunting to eat is fine hurr durr" retard line of argument makes zero sense, no one needs meat to survive (it is perhaps detrimental to health in excess, debatable) so really both are done purely out of pleasure and not out of necessity. Unless you live in the jungle and actually have to hunt to live, you aren't any better than trophy hunters, phaggots

this is what i've been saying, some people are so hypocrital or too dumb to see this