PDA

View Full Version : Some help needed

newjacko
08-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I have a problem I am sure has been answered 100 times before and i thank you for your patience and help up front. So here's my situation: I'm 30 years old, i've always been skinny up until few years ago when i quit smoking and my belly was growing furiously. I've always had good metabolism, could eat junk any hour of the day/night and nothing changed. But few years ago I guess age caught up to me and now i have a beer belly like belly except i don't drink beer. I don't know if its viceral, it's a bit harder stomach to squeeze,.. hard to describe. Anyways i want to get rid of it and have the following questions:

About my weight: i'm 187 cm tall and I weight 91 kg ( most of it in my belly lol)

1.) I know workout is obligatory for this and i'm wondering how much i can actually do at home? I can't really go to a gym atm but i'm willing to do the cardio. Good workout exercises for at home?
2.) What is the best diet plan to follow for this?
3.) Since I mostly work night shifts, what is the best plan to be the most effective (I wake up usually around 3 pm) so how to evolve diet/exercies to this?

I think i should mention that i also have heartburn issues so i need to avoid some veggies like tomatoes,..

Thank you very much for answers,
reg

clemsonnum1
08-11-2015, 07:25 PM
The best general diet is to track your calories and stay at a calorie deficit. Doesn't matter how much cardio you do or don't do. All that does is let you eat slightly more. Losing weight is all about how much you eat and how much you burn.

I used to have heartburn when I weighed 230 lbs and it has gone away completely with the weight loss. You may find yours does to.

theredcorbe
08-12-2015, 12:20 AM
Learn how to count calories and eat at a deficit.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183&page=1

As long as you keep eating at a deficit your body fat is going to go down. If it stops going down for more than 2-3 weeks, you need to reduce caloric intake. The lower it gets, the slower it goes.

Three exercises lots of people neglect: Pushups, Pullups, Lunges. Do however many of them you can in a day and then add 1 more to that number the next day, and add one more the next day, and the next, and the next... and after 60 days you will be a lot stronger.

There are literally dozens and dozens of bodyweight exercises you can do at home. You can even do HIIT sessions in your living room with burpees, pushups, jumping jacks, jumping squats, lunges.

There are tons of exercises that work your legs, butt, abs, arms, shoulders that you dont need a gym for. Basically just get up and jump around, fight gravity, use all of your limbs, get on your back, your knees, do something until it burns and you cant go any more. An hour worth of searching and you could compile a list of 20 bodyweight exercises to do. You can workout like this every day before or after work for half an hour and if you do it with high intensity and really push yourself until you are panting and pouring sweat, in 2-3 months you wont even recognize your body.