PDA

View Full Version : Weight gainers

rquiroz49
08-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Hello all, I'm looking for some advice on weight gainers. Which do you recommend? Should I use them to replace my post workout protein shake? What is the best time to take it? I've been weight training on a good program for a solid year now and have incorporated a good high calorie diet (3000-3500 daily) I find it hard to gain weight though. I appreciate any help, thanks.

Kennysvgp08
08-10-2015, 11:32 AM
If you're going to do a mass gainer, get real gains. It's cheaper protein/serving than whey.

Most importantly though, above all is to have the right amount of calories as well as carbs, protein, and fat that you need to grow.

NO SUPPLEMENT WILL MAKE YOU BIGGER, ONLY FOOD WILL.

Look here if you really need help gaining:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Also consider taking some creatine, and if you're bulking, you don't really need a multi. But Fish oil is nice to have on hand too. A good Fish oil though like Omega JYM or bb.com ultra EPA/DHA.

alphafreak
08-10-2015, 11:56 AM
I have gotten good results with mass tech and carnivor mass.

kissdadookie
08-10-2015, 12:37 PM
iForce Mass Gainz is something I really like. Profile looks great, tastes pretty great, mixes really well.

Misctake7
08-10-2015, 12:55 PM
You can take protein shakes or gainers ant time of day. It's just food helping you hit your calorie goals for the day.

I'd recommend a standard protein powder and then blending things with it to create your own mass gainer. That way it's cheaper, you can determine the flavor and calories, and it's from actual foods so you're getting the micronutritents you don't get from protein shakes/mass gainers.

Things you can blend are oats, yogurt, milk, peanut butter, nuts, fruits, oils, ice cream....pretty much anything.

XCriticalBenchX
08-10-2015, 08:16 PM
iForce Mass Gainz is something I really like. Profile looks great, tastes pretty great, mixes really well.

Agreed here.. Solid profile with whole food carb sources of Oats and Quinoa, quality proteins, and MCT for fats. Makes an awesome 500+ cal post-workout shake for packing on size! Tastes great as well.

Mike

ajej4780
08-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Try adding to the whey you already have. Got a blender? Search the recipes on bb.com for gainer shakes. By adding peanut butter, greek yogurt, oatmeal, honey, etc. you can make your own gainers. If you are lazy like me then go ahead and buy some gainer protein just be aware that the serving size is normally around 3 scoops and 20oz of milk. Some will say 1200 calories, but the catch is that you get that many calories only when you mix it with whole milk. The calorie count goes down when you mix it with water. Also, because the serving size is so large your normal 5lb container may only have 14-21 servings.

TrainerTone
08-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Agreed here.. Solid profile with whole food carb sources of Oats and Quinoa, quality proteins, and MCT for fats. Makes an awesome 500+ cal post-workout shake for packing on size! Tastes great as well.

Mike

Yes Mass Gainz is where it's at if you're looking for a premade weight gainer. No better profile on the market

koweanguy
08-10-2015, 10:03 PM
I have gotten good results with mass tech
Same as well. Loved how it was easy to drink as well.

Dunno why the BB.com's Platinum Series Ultimate Mass disappeared.. one of my favorites :(

wishiwasdivin
08-10-2015, 11:00 PM
Will if you're looking for a good mass gainer

iForce Mass Gainz 
BPI Bulk Muscle
Nutrabolic Massfusion

Or you can always opt for making your own

2 ups of whole milk
2 tbsp of peanut butter
1 large banana
2 ounces of heavy cream
2 scoops of chocolate protein powder

gbnpc
08-11-2015, 12:50 AM
You can always make your own weight gainer shakes by adding in such ingredients as nut butters, olive oil, ice cream, whole oats, syrups, heavy creams. If you'd just rather buy a gainer already prepared, another good one not mentioned above is EFX Sport's Freak Maker Build. Its profile includes Kre-Alkalyn (creatine mono), Karbolyn carbohydrate source, Whey protein isolate, whey protein concentract, milk protein isolate, casein, & egg white. 56 grams of carbs, but only 3 grams of sugar per serving.

llahhsoj
08-11-2015, 03:55 AM
Hello all, I'm looking for some advice on weight gainers. Which do you recommend? Should I use them to replace my post workout protein shake? What is the best time to take it? I've been weight training on a good program for a solid year now and have incorporated a good high calorie diet (3000-3500 daily) I find it hard to gain weight though. I appreciate any help, thanks.

A gainer shake has quite a bit more calories than a typical protein shake. Making the switch just depends on your current macros. I would opt for eating more whole foods if you can. For conveinence, MassTech (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/muscletech/mass-tech.html) is a very suitable option that tastes good.

WolfBeast
08-11-2015, 05:29 AM
Keep your post workout protein shake-just add in 2-3 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 banana, 1c. Greek yogurt, 2c. whole milk.

bdillingham5
08-11-2015, 08:10 AM

You ONLY need a "weight gainer" if you are unable to meet your daily caloric requirements through diet. Most weight gainers can be homemade, but I will recommend one for those who has a hectic schedule. While it is easy to mix oats, PB, and oils in a whey shake to make your own, sometimes it is just easier and more convenient to have a pre-made powder on hand for long meetings or super busy days at work or school.

In the past I usually split the whole serving of a weight gainer (typically 2-4 scoops) in to 2 separate servings to add calories throughout the day. One whole servings of most weight gainers can be really thick so I split mine up.

Are you not able to get the extra calories from a Snickers bar? PB&J? Bagel+PB? etc........

G Diesel
08-11-2015, 10:16 AM
I used Real Gains back in the day to gain a lot of size. The idea is adding easily-consumed and assimilated, high-protein calories a couple times per day, in a manner that doesn't kill your appetite. ON TOP of a balanced muscle-building diet.

Last month I started Animal Mass, once per day. My time is tight and my mornings are hectic, so I'm not in the zone to have a proper breakfast. So my "breakfast" has been 3 heaping scoops of Animal Mass mixed in 12 oz of lowfat milk. In less than 5 minutes, I am able to prepare and drink a "meal" that has ample calories and protein. Convenience is also an important factor. Using Mass, for me, has been very convenient.

Peace, G

bdillingham5
08-11-2015, 11:45 AM
I used Real Gains back in the day to gain a lot of size. The idea is adding easily-consumed and assimilated, high-protein calories a couple times per day, in a manner that doesn't kill your appetite. ON TOP of a balanced muscle-building diet.

Last month I started Animal Mass, once per day. My time is tight and my mornings are hectic, so I'm not in the zone to have a proper breakfast. So my "breakfast" has been 3 heaping scoops of Animal Mass mixed in 12 oz of lowfat milk. In less than 5 minutes, I am able to prepare and drink a "meal" that has ample calories and protein. Convenience is also an important factor. Using Mass, for me, has been very convenient.

Peace, G

Perfect example of when to use a weight gainer!!! Good feedback brotha.

Also - good to see you in the Universal "Play the Tape to the End" video too.

Heizz
08-11-2015, 12:07 PM
OP, do you follow your calories/macros consistently? I always recommend against a gainer as they can be quite expensive, make you feel bloated, and offer no benefit over just simply eating more.

I'd also suggest looking at making your own gainer with a protein powder, PB, oats, etc.

What are your current macros? 3000-3500cal/day is a wide range. If you lower this range and target the amount you need to bulk, you'll see much better results.

Marshall28
08-11-2015, 12:11 PM
Mass Tech is a great choice otherwise you can just make your own as well.

Bigdumogre
08-11-2015, 12:11 PM
Iforce mass gains is prob one of the best on the market. Solid profile unlike many others

XCriticalBenchX
08-11-2015, 07:23 PM
Iforce mass gains is prob one of the best on the market. Solid profile unlike many others

Thanks for the support bro. I am really happy with mass gainz, solid formulation im proud of.

Mike

Motion23
08-12-2015, 04:52 AM

100% This, hoping it goes on sale/bogo again soon. Just missed the last one.

XCriticalBenchX
08-12-2015, 08:29 PM
100% This, hoping it goes on sale/bogo again soon. Just missed the last one.

Again? When was it ever BOGO?? I cant see how mass gainz could be bogo, we would suffer a HUGE loss.. there really is a slim profit on mass gainz.

fatboystick
08-12-2015, 10:11 PM

OP...attempt to get meet your macros best youi csan through quality whole foods, whatever you cant youre better off getting yourself a quality protein such as TRUE GRIT: PROTEIN (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/true-grit/protein.html) and just adding stuff such as bananas, oats, PB, yogurt, etc

Motion23
08-13-2015, 04:42 AM
Again? When was it ever BOGO?? I cant see how mass gainz could be bogo, we would suffer a HUGE loss.. there really is a slim profit on mass gainz.

It was 25% off for the smaller tub 2 weeks ago and BOGO 50% off the smaller tub last week.

Trust me I know it is rare, still can't believe I didn't jump on it. :(

G Diesel
08-13-2015, 08:59 AM
Perfect example of when to use a weight gainer!!! Good feedback brotha.

Also - good to see you in the Universal "Play the Tape to the End" video too.

Thanks man. I don't usually do much publicly on the Universal side, as I've always been associated with Animal.

But Antoine is my friend and I was honored to be asked to share my support for his process.

Peace, G

XCriticalBenchX
08-14-2015, 01:26 PM
It was 25% off for the smaller tub 2 weeks ago and BOGO 50% off the smaller tub last week.

Trust me I know it is rare, still can't believe I didn't jump on it. :(

Damn.. I didn't even no that ! lol.. wish i did or I would have stocked up! I'm waiting for chocolate covered pretzel mass gainz to come out!

Mike

andrewwww
08-16-2015, 05:49 PM
I suggest either making your own gainer or if you need the convenience of a powder -> Nutrabolics ISOGAINER (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nbol/gain.html), BB.com Ultimate Mass, Iforce Gainer, MT Mass-Tech

MAKE YOUR OWN:
Ingredients
2scoops Whey
2 cups whole milk
1 cup dry oats
1 banana
1-2 tbsp natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
2-3 cups ice

easily adjust macros on your own gainer

Juice2544
08-16-2015, 06:16 PM
Muscle Juice

G Diesel
08-26-2015, 07:34 AM
MAKE YOUR OWN:
Ingredients
2scoops Whey
2 cups whole milk
1 cup dry oats
1 banana
1-2 tbsp natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
2-3 cups ice

easily adjust macros on your own gainer

That's good advice and I have done similar on several occasions.

We just launched Animal Mass. I'm on my 3rd 5 lb bag of chocolate, using one serving of 3 scoops every AM mixed in 2% milk. Love it so far. And breakfast takes me all of about 90 seconds.

Peace, G

bdillingham5
08-26-2015, 07:43 AM
That's good advice and I have done similar on several occasions.

We just launched Animal Mass. I'm on my 3rd 5 lb bag of chocolate, using one serving of 3 scoops every AM mixed in 2% milk. Love it so far. And breakfast takes me all of about 90 seconds.

Peace, G

Go ahead and rub it in........ haha

G Diesel
08-26-2015, 10:05 AM
Go ahead and rub it in........ haha

Somebody's gotta test this stuff in the real world to make sure it is worthy of you guys.

Peace, G

bdillingham5
08-26-2015, 10:42 AM
Somebody's gotta test this stuff in the real world to make sure it is worthy of you guys.

Peace, G

haha yeah that's a good point! What's your favorite flavor so far?

G Diesel
09-03-2015, 07:11 AM
haha yeah that's a good point! What's your favorite flavor so far?

Personally, I like Chocolate a lot.

Been mixing mine in 12 ounces of 1% milk every morning, consistently for the past 6 weeks.

Tastes great. Digests well. And allows me to quickly consume a hefty amount of protein and calories as I'm usually pressed for time.

I highly recommend this stuff to anyone who could benefit from some easily consumed bodybuilding calories.

Peace, G