PDA

View Full Version : Question About Creatine Dosage

theredcorbe
08-08-2015, 07:51 PM
I have noticed that almost everybody (including myself) recommends dosing 5g of creatine daily for just about everyone, and then maybe 3-5g after you get it built up in your system for a few weeks. It is a tried and true dosage and is hands down a supplement everybody should be able to benefit from.

My question is, how big of a difference it makes when you are dosing at 150lbs versus 250lbs or more? Is there a more precise dosage that correlates to bodyweight that anyone has actually personally used or experimented with in their lives or professional careers as a trainer?

And, how much water do you really need to drink in order to maximize creatine's effectiveness? Does a habit of ingesting ultra high sugar drinks seem to hinder its effectiveness?

Thanks in advance for any specifics.

kbayne
08-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Here you go:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141159921

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158078053

PeakSelfHealth
08-08-2015, 10:22 PM
I have noticed that almost everybody (including myself) recommends dosing 5g of creatine daily for just about everyone, and then maybe 3-5g after you get it built up in your system for a few weeks. It is a tried and true dosage and is hands down a supplement everybody should be able to benefit from.

My question is, how big of a difference it makes when you are dosing at 150lbs versus 250lbs or more? Is there a more precise dosage that correlates to bodyweight that anyone has actually personally used or experimented with in their lives or professional careers as a trainer?

And, how much water do you really need to drink in order to maximize creatine's effectiveness? Does a habit of ingesting ultra high sugar drinks seem to hinder its effectiveness?

Thanks in advance for any specifics.

When I cycle creatine I do:

Weeks 1-2: 30 g/day
Weeks 3-6: 20 g/day
Week 7: Off
Week 8: 30 g/day
Week 9: 20g/day

I'm 6'2 215. If you want to cycle like this then just take 5-8g off of everything

IG: Peak_self_health

SLynn46
08-09-2015, 02:26 AM
When I cycle creatine I do:

Weeks 1-2: 30 g/day
Weeks 3-6: 20 g/day
Week 7: Off
Week 8: 30 g/day
Week 9: 20g/day

I'm 6'2 215. If you want to cycle like this then just take 5-8g off of everything

IG: Peak_self_health

It takes at least a month of no creatine supplementation for levels to return to baseline so cycling off for a week is rather pointless.

You're also taking entirely too much creatine per day. Just take 3g on workout days and you'll save yourself a lot of money and potentially get better results.