PDA

View Full Version : Should Arian Foster get the Courage Award for coming out?

Dave P
08-07-2015, 09:52 AM
"People might say, 'I don't want an atheist representing my team.' Now, though, I'm established in this league, and as I'm digging deeper into myself and my truth, just being me is more important than being sexy to Pepsi or whoever. After a while, what's an extra dollar compared to the freedom of being you? That's the choice I made."

People talking about this upcoming magazine and him coming out as being Atheist...sometimes I forget how religiously crazy our country is when this is a huge deal. Its pathetic that this is the first athlete to do this.

Honestly the thread title was a bit of a sarcastic joke but at the same time its crazy how quickly you're reminded of the religious nuttery in this country.

Miked1978
08-07-2015, 09:53 AM
If Jenner can get it I don't see why not.

PervedOut
08-07-2015, 09:54 AM
TBH, I gained a lot more respect for Justin Forsett after reading that article.

JimFromRaleigh1
08-07-2015, 10:03 AM
I am just glad it is proven that a non-qb player has an IQ above 70 in the NFL.

BJohnny1988
08-07-2015, 10:04 AM
More courage than Caitlyn will ever have IMO.

Dave P
08-07-2015, 10:06 AM
Gotta be honest, I feel like a Tranny in Hollywood with a Reality show that hasn't been relevant in over 30 years coming out as a Tranny is a lot less courageous than a guy on a NFL team in Houston, in the bible belt, during his career, coming out as Atheist.

KurtMussell
08-07-2015, 10:08 AM
I wish more like minded high profile people would come to their senses and follow suit.

cashinout
08-07-2015, 10:13 AM
religion is quickly dying in this country anyways
bravery cards are there for the taking for any celebrity/politician who wants to snatch them up

Dave P
08-07-2015, 10:15 AM
religion is quickly dying in this country anyways
bravery cards are there for the taking for any celebrity/politician who wants to snatch them up

You would like to think so but isn't it kind of mind blowing that its 2015 and he is one of the first openly Atheist public figures.

YWOC
08-07-2015, 10:16 AM
Only indoctrinated idiots who have no common sense can actually believe in organized religion nowadays. Glad it's starting to finally die out in this country, there's no place for religion in modern day society.

rocketfish
08-07-2015, 10:21 AM
why do you think he is always injured?

god working his ways

he better shape up.

NorrinRadd12
08-07-2015, 10:22 AM
He knocked up his side piece and his wife divorced him.

cashinout
08-07-2015, 10:23 AM
You would like to think so but isn't it kind of mind blowing that its 2015 and he is one of the first openly Atheist public figures.

that is actually pretty weird
i was trying to think of someone else and couldn't

was watching the republican debate last night and i felt like it was 1955 the way they were talking about god

Jaydawg08
08-07-2015, 10:24 AM
Only indoctrinated idiots who have no common sense can actually believe in organized religion nowadays. Glad it's starting to finally die out in this country, there's no place for religion in modern day society.

Let people believe what they want when it comes to that. Atheists don't affect me in my everyday life, neither do other religions.

But I'm not gonna belittle someone's belief in something they feel is important

KurtMussell
08-07-2015, 10:29 AM
Let people believe what they want when it comes to that. Atheists don't affect me in my everyday life, neither do other religions.

But I'm not gonna belittle someone's belief in something they feel is important

It's all fine and dandy until their beliefs bleed over into policy making.

HoganIsGOAT
08-07-2015, 10:37 AM
People talking about this upcoming magazine and him coming out as being Atheist...sometimes I forget how religiously crazy our country is when this is a huge deal.

Look no further than our elected political officials to understand how ridiculous it is.

charity4thepoor
08-07-2015, 10:41 AM
Arian the Aryan.

theACEofSPADES
08-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Blows my mind at how big of a deal people are making of this. Why is it even being talked about? Is everyone suppose to be religious or something? I don't see people talking when players say they believe in God or when they thank God and pray after games. That's no big deal. But as soon as someone says he's an atheist people go ape shiit.

HairyScandinavian
08-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Somebody "comes out" as being athiest? OK lol bfd... Only a big deal because the media is telling you it is and trying to make it something.

That's pretty much the default, if your name's not Tim Tebow I'm assuming the average NFL player is not religious. I mean, it's like if Tom Brady announced that he's coming out straight.

Dave P
08-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Somebody "comes out" as being athiest? OK lol bfd... Only a big deal because the media is telling you it is and trying to make it something.

That's pretty much the default, if your name's not Tim Tebow I'm assuming the average NFL player is not religious. I mean, it's like if Tom Brady announced that he's coming out straight.

The funny thing is that you and me dont think its a big deal, because to us its not.

...but seriously think about it. There are more openly gay public figures than openly Atheist. Honestly I can't think of any openly Atheist public figures really. It isnt a big deal at a glance but then take a step back...it actually kind of is.

BullStampede
08-07-2015, 12:09 PM
This country needs a plague so bad. Why the fuk is this news? "Coming out?" Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

HairyScandinavian
08-07-2015, 12:14 PM
The funny thing is that you and me dont think its a big deal, because to us its not.

...but seriously think about it. There are more openly gay public figures than openly Atheist. Honestly I can't think of any openly Atheist public figures really. It isnt a big deal at a glance but then take a step back...it actually kind of is.

I mean if someone is running for political office they probably won't get any traction being openly athiest, but any other area of life it's really meaningless. I don't think anybody cares if a football player is athiest or not, just doesn't seem like news.

Upshall18
08-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Black
Atheist

Those 2 don't go very well in Texas

tng83
08-07-2015, 02:31 PM
I was very surprised and pleased to hear this news. Good for Arian. Bout time people learn that you dont have to be a fundie.

East1600plus
08-07-2015, 02:54 PM

I would say Neil DeGrasse Tyson but he claims Scientist over all other "ist" which is probably awesome beyond words

Fm-guj-QsNM
after about 4 minutes it goes to an annoying youtuber on trying to take his words... lol an astrophysicist and say otherwise what he believes

just dont spend the energy either way

kyleTX
08-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Black
Atheist

Those 2 don't go very well in Texas

lol at this idiot. Houston is one of the most diverse cities in the nation

Canada: Maple syrup, lumberjacks, hockey, alcoholics, Eh! I can play too

JimFromRaleigh1
08-07-2015, 05:56 PM
lol at this idiot. Houston is one of the most diverse cities in the nation

Canada: Maple syrup, lumberjacks, hockey, alcoholics, Eh! I can play too

He clearly stated Texas, not Houston.

kyleTX
08-07-2015, 06:00 PM
He clearly stated Texas, not Houston.

oh really? where does Arian reside and play?

JimFromRaleigh1
08-07-2015, 06:02 PM
oh really? where does Arian reside and play?

Houston.

However, the post you quoted referred to the state that Arian Foster plays football in, and not the city, as evident by the post itself.

Just take the L and move on.

NeoKantian
08-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Blows my mind at how big of a deal people are making of this. Why is it even being talked about? Is everyone suppose to be religious or something? I don't see people talking when players say they believe in God or when they thank God and pray after games. That's no big deal. But as soon as someone says he's an atheist people go ape shiit.
Because people strongly associate religiosity with morality. The consequence of this is the belief that the non-religious, whatever you want call them, are less trustworthy.

Trapstar4.4
08-07-2015, 06:24 PM
i always knew he had a few extra servings of bitch in him.

how the fck is there no god? he made it to the NFL. How could you possibly do that without divine intervention? quick answer, you CANT!

I swear there has to be a way that we can get him charged for treason. it's "one nation under god" and here you have this little sht, saying that there is no god. blown gasket checking in
i beat him to a bloody pulp if i had the chance

DefensiveEnd896
08-07-2015, 06:26 PM
No he shouldn't get an award for saying he doesn't believe in God. That's a stupid question to ask.

MontelWilliams
08-07-2015, 06:27 PM
I mean if someone is running for political office they probably won't get any traction being openly athiest, but any other area of life it's really meaningless. I don't think anybody cares if a football player is athiest or not, just doesn't seem like news.

http://i.imgur.com/6t80HbR.gif

muslim over someone who isn't brainwashed...ayyyLMAO

BullStampede
08-07-2015, 06:43 PM

retarded. Who takes these polls? Unemployed people? No one I have ever even heard of has taken these polls that are so often quoted by the media.

Dave P
08-07-2015, 06:51 PM
retarded. Who takes these polls? Unemployed people? No one I have ever even heard of has taken these polls that are so often quoted by the media.

I think often because we are all part of the online community that we forget how backwards and religious our country is.

While its pretty openly accepted in the online arena, Atheism is really less acceptable for a politician than any other label really.

Thread was a joke at first but honestly...when you really take a step back and think about it in the context of our country (not on the internet) its kinda crazy how bad Atheists are viewed still.

SmarterChild
08-07-2015, 06:55 PM

muslim over someone who isn't brainwashed...ayyyLMAOHow is catholic so popular yet there hasn't been one since JFK

roko79
08-07-2015, 07:01 PM
you have a gay nfl player come out before one that doesnt believe in god, lmfao.

it's like 10x more taboo than what michael sam did

BullStampede
08-07-2015, 07:42 PM
I think often because we are all part of the online community that we forget how backwards and religious our country is.

While its pretty openly accepted in the online arena, Atheism is really less acceptable for a politician than any other label really.

Thread was a joke at first but honestly...when you really take a step back and think about it in the context of our country (not on the internet) its kinda crazy how bad Atheists are viewed still.

Pissening

HoustonMiscer
08-07-2015, 07:45 PM

No Indian on poll. Brb running for president

iZZmatic
08-07-2015, 07:51 PM

Funny thing that you mentioned this. I remember reading a government book in college and I forgot who ran the poll, but in the poll it showed that Americans would rather have a gay president than an atheist one. Mind was fukking nuked.

edit: shietttt wizard^^^ but the one I was talking about was in 07, good to see an updated one.

LiveOnce
08-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Nah brah he won't get a courage award. He didn't kill someone like Jenner

dtbrehm
08-07-2015, 09:49 PM
As other people have already said, it's still pretty smart today for a politician to not say he's atheist.

I'm sure there are plenty of other sports players who are atheist, but it's not really something that comes up. Have no idea why Foster is even talking about it.

ImJonStewart
08-07-2015, 09:52 PM
I can't stand all these athletes praising to jesus every time they get interviewed. It is beyond nauseating.

Workout4ever
08-07-2015, 10:58 PM
just became a fan of this arian foster guy

lol at religion

momason
08-07-2015, 11:08 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/files/2011/12/arian.foster.pro_.bowl_.cropped.jpg

lmao @ Arian Foster

lmao @ the namaste pose

lmao @ the king tut tattoo (egyptian pharaoh who brought religion back to egypt)

lmao @ Arian Foster

SpiritFighter
08-07-2015, 11:36 PM

Over the years there have been countless actors that have stated they don't believe in god. Its not a big deal, its not courageous. Its actually the popular thing to do nowadays. So edgy...

DefensiveEnd896
08-08-2015, 05:03 AM
Over the years there have been countless actors that have stated they don't believe in god. Its not a big deal, its not courageous. Its actually the popular thing to do nowadays. So edgy...

Agreed.

Christianity has been on the decline in America for a long time now. Saying you are atheist or gay isn't courageous anymore, it's actually celebrated. All you have to do is look at posts in this thread and look at all the positive publicity Bruce Jenner or whatever the hell her name is has gotten.

StrapNScrap21
08-08-2015, 01:11 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/files/2011/12/arian.foster.pro_.bowl_.cropped.jpg

lmao @ Arian Foster

lmao @ the namaste pose

lmao @ the king tut tattoo (egyptian pharaoh who brought religion back to egypt)

lmao @ Arian Foster

lmao @ this avocado on his face smearing fatherless fakkit

HairyScandinavian
08-08-2015, 01:13 PM

Where's the white male?

jtaylor2010
08-08-2015, 01:24 PM

This.

I'd say most famous actors and tons of athletes are either non-religious or atheists. Lol at him acting like he's doing this so he can finally be his true self.

Plus I'd like to see examples of people flipping out about this. Lol at atheists running out of ways to try to claim being persecuted by the religious people so they just start making sh!t up. No one gives a sh!t that some RB in the NFL doesn't believe in any God.

JimFromRaleigh1
08-08-2015, 01:30 PM
This.

I'd say most famous actors and tons of athletes are either non-religious or atheists.

Disagree about tons of athletes are non-religious or atheists. A majority of athletes come from poor upbringings and in the USA, in the 4 major sports, a vast majority are African American and/or from Latin countries. Statistics have concluded that the most religious people in the US are poor and AA/Latino.

Dave P
08-08-2015, 01:41 PM
I remember when Mark Jackson was here in Oakland, he would have prayer meetings that he made the players be part of.

After he left Bogut talked about how awkward it made him feel and how much he hated it.

LiftLaughLust
08-08-2015, 06:57 PM
Atheism is so depressing

HoganIsGOAT
08-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Atheism is so depressing

Only if you're arrogant, which humans are.

HoganIsGOAT
08-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Statistics have concluded that the most religious people in the US are poor and AA/Latino.

In general people with ****ty lives feel they need to have faith in something.

broboma2012
08-08-2015, 07:21 PM
lol at people saying religion is dead in this country. we have yet to have an openly atheist pres, and will probably have an openly gay pres before that ever happens. religion is still huge in this country

broboma2012
08-08-2015, 07:28 PM

you are truly ignorant if you think you don't have some mechanism in your life that provides the same function that religion does for others. the smug atheist is as bad as any bible thumper

MontelWilliams
08-08-2015, 07:34 PM
Where's the white male?

#WhiteMaleLivesMatter !!!

HoganIsGOAT
08-08-2015, 10:08 PM
you are truly ignorant if you think you don't have some mechanism in your life that provides the same function that religion does for others. the smug atheist is as bad as any bible thumper

Speak for yourself.

StrapNScrap21
08-09-2015, 12:35 AM

friends and family aint enough? http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/ohhh.png

tng83
08-09-2015, 01:36 AM

And the bottom quintile in IQ cant fathom how a butterfly exists without Jesus.

Lunatic
08-09-2015, 01:48 AM
You know the country is doomed when a man gets a courage award for dressing like a woman and a guy that is an atheist will be vilified.

exyl
08-09-2015, 01:52 AM
Jesus preached a message of love and forgiveness. God is love. A follower of Christ (notice I did not say "religious") walks in those principles.

The world needs love. There is far too much hate, condemnation, criticism, hurt, the list goes on. God represents all that is good. The fruits of the spirit, for example: love; joy; peace; patience; kindness, goodness, faithfulness; and self-control. He represents Hope for people.

I sincerely ask,

Can someone honestly answer why they have a genuine "problem" with that?

StrapNScrap21
08-09-2015, 02:13 AM
Jesus preached a message of love and forgiveness. God is love. A follower of Christ (notice I did not say "religious") walks in those principles.

The world needs love. There is far too much hate, condemnation, criticism, hurt, the list goes on. God represents all that is good. The fruits of the spirit, for example: love; joy; peace; patience; kindness, goodness, faithfulness; and self-control. He represents Hope for people.

I sincerely ask,

Can someone honestly answer why they have a genuine "problem" with that?

take this noise back to your sunday school classes chief http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/camby.png

Lunatic
08-09-2015, 02:25 AM

I sincerely ask,

Can someone honestly answer why they have a genuine "problem" with that?People use religion and the "word of God" to advance their own wants. That's my problem with it.

exyl
08-09-2015, 02:46 AM
People use religion and the "word of God" to advance their own wants. That's my problem with it.

i acknowledge your point that some people become religious for grandiose reasons, self-seeking, or even become prideful and jusgemental. Some even use it as a tool to manipulate others and to feel "superior" . in reality, God is not about religion. If you are still reading this, I'll make it short; you can unbelieve all you want, but this is the God I know:

I walk down the streets of LA, and I see homeless youth, ranging from really young children to 20 year old kids. They have no money, no parents, no one has ever said they are proud of them or love them or anything. God puts it in my heart to reach out to people. If He blesses me, it is so I can bless others. If I have money to give, and my time. When I pray with these kids, I believe the Holy Spirit leads me. I have seen addictions be broken, lives changed, some of them experiencing real joy for the first time. It's not about making myself feel good, either. God gave me a heart for them because I was once like them. I get to share hope with them and how they can make it out of poverty. I invite them to my church, and get them connected. I have seen kids who were suicidal, have tried to kill themselves, turn everything around. It's amazing, and I tell you this so you can see from another perspective. It isn't about me, it's not about what I do for God, but what he did for me. I freely received, and so I freely give. I'm sorry that was so long,

the dude above you who always uses the cool images to emphasize his points said to take my noise to Sunday school, and today is Sunday :) anyways,

Cliffs:

God is love,
It's not about being religious
Not everyone who says they are a Christian walks it out in their everyday lives

exyl
08-09-2015, 02:47 AM
take this noise back to your sunday school classes chief http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/camby.png

Dude it's actually crazy you said that, because i do work with troubled youth and bring them to my church

jtaylor2010
08-09-2015, 02:52 AM
People use religion and the "word of God" to advance their own wants. That's my problem with it.

I'm not religious but consider myself a Unitarian Universalist and go to church. There are tons of good messages you can get from a good pastor. Plus America is the most generous country in the world, and is one of the more religious of the advanced nations. And religious/ spiritual people are more generous than atheists, so if anything they are less likely to simply be concerned with their own wants but are actually concerned with making the world a better place for others.

exyl
08-09-2015, 03:11 AM
I'm not religious but consider myself a Unitarian Universalist and go to church. There are tons of good messages you can get from a good pastor. Plus America is the most generous country in the world, and is one of the more religious of the advanced nations. And religious/ spiritual people are more generous than atheists,so if anything they are less likely to simply be concerned with their own wants but are actually concerned with making the world a better place for others.

Personally, I don't think the part I bolded can really be generalized like this. i do think most atheists are good people at heart with a strong moral compass. everyone has different levels of generosity, and it boils down to the capacity of the individual to give (not necessarily money) but anything taht belongs to them. I just don't think it can be generalized as "this group of people does whatever more than this group of people" of course, this is just my opinion.

Anyways, I didn't mean to hijack your thread OP. I'm not going to try and start a debate about religion or anything. Peace guys.

SteadyWayfarer
08-09-2015, 03:33 AM
Well i'm happy Arian came out and shared his beliefs/stories. Also didn't know he was a smart dude like this.

broboma2012
08-09-2015, 06:21 AM

you could say the exact same thing about science or politics. i mean look at the hogan poster itt. he clearly uses his atheism as evidence of his superior intellect even though athleism is a belief and not a fact.

BullBoy8
08-09-2015, 08:31 AM
Only if you're arrogant, which humans are.

LOLed at this dumbass.

Dude probably thinks he is enlightened and above everyone. Can tell by this post and his sig.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17f29eupfpi87png/original.png

You remind me of that

BeastModeFTW
08-09-2015, 09:35 AM
how is it courageous when the media is mostly ant-religion in general. espn continues to hype the story with non-stop tweets about it. this isnt the 1950s if some guy doesnt believe in god or isn't religious who the hell cares? That's their own personal choice. now if he came out and said that in a place like Saudi Arabia we can talk about courage. But in today's society he's just going with the flow. A guy like Tebow who actually practices his faith is much more courageous and admirable. Tebow is the guy who constantly gets crapped on by the media because of his religion. They make fun of him being a virgin all the time. Meanwhile they worship a guy who sucks dinks (michael sam)

broboma2012
08-09-2015, 09:52 AM
LOLed at this dumbass.

Dude probably thinks he is enlightened and above everyone. Can tell by this post and his sig.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17f29eupfpi87png/original.png

You remind me of that

haha. this. i always wonder about the insecurity of someone who has to trash someone else's harmless coping mechanism. do you go up to toddler's and tell them santa doesn't exist? inb4 some phaggot brings up the crusades or other horrific atrocities carried out by the church. guess what? any organization of large numbers of humans have the same such examples. the atrocities in the name of science at the very least equal that of the religion. the atomic bomb, the japanese and nazi human experiments, the fuking holocaust. hell people like to shyt on religion for it's archaic opinion of homosexuality and like to ignore that until recently the official position of the DSM was that it was a mental disorder.

not to mention the irony that being an athleist requires just as much faith as believing in a god does

IfIRuledTheMisc
08-09-2015, 09:59 AM
how is it courageous when the media is mostly ant-religion in general. espn continues to hype the story with non-stop tweets about it. this isnt the 1950s if some guy doesnt believe in god or isn't religious who the hell cares?

The only issue is that, still today, A LOT of people tend to think that if you don't believe in god, that you're an atheist Satan worshiper.

IfIRuledTheMisc
08-09-2015, 10:18 AM
You know the country is doomed when a man gets a courage award for dressing like a woman and a guy that is an atheist will be vilified.

There are seven states in the US where they can give a juror or witness a religion test and if they are atheist they can be rejected. Same with public office.

DefensiveEnd896
08-09-2015, 11:00 AM
The only issue is that, still today, A LOT of people tend to think that if you don't believe in god, that you're an atheist Satan worshiper.

That's an exaggeration. If you don't believe in God, people will think you don't believe in God. Most people are not going to think you are a Satan worshiper if you are an atheist.

HoganIsGOAT
08-09-2015, 11:56 AM
you could say the exact same thing about science or politics. i mean look at the hogan poster itt. he clearly uses his atheism as evidence of his superior intellect even though athleism is a belief and not a fact.

Fact: The evidence of my superior intellect comes from having a clinically tested genius IQ. Granted it's the lower end of the genius scale but I'm a certified genius.

Fact: I'm not an athiest. I'm the only logical viewpoint, agnostic.

HoganIsGOAT
08-09-2015, 12:00 PM
haha. this. i always wonder about the insecurity of someone who has to trash someone else's harmless coping mechanism.

How many people has organized religion harmed, in the name of coping?

Shortstop36
08-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Maybe if he prayed to God his team would go better than 8-8

exyl
08-09-2015, 01:23 PM
Fact: The evidence of my superior intellect comes from having a clinically tested genius IQ. Granted it's the lower end of the genius scale but I'm a certified genius.

Fact: I'm not an athiest. I'm the only logical viewpoint, agnostic.

That is great you have a high IQ, man (and I don't say this sarcastically, I really do think it's awesome). The IQ test is one way to demonstrate intelligence; personally, I believe that everyone possesses different intellectual strengths, and weaknesses, some which cannot be tested. I am, of course, speaking from the multiple intelligences school of thought. That said, no doubt are you intelligent, I know you are... Also, I know I could be wrong about multiple intelligence theory, but it just makes the most sense to me.

One more thing, speaking about confidence vs arrogance. And this is for everyone, myself included:

It's good to be confident, because confidence comes from knowing your identity...knowing who you are... Confidence is rooted in security. There is no need to put others down, because you are okay with who you are and who they are. Yes, you are simply but genuinely alright with it, and you are free of what anyone thinks of of you or towards you, and it shows. The freedom you have with confidence is actually visible to others, which is why it's so attractive compared to,

For example, arrogance. The offensive display of superiority. Arrogance is actually rooted in insecurity. the desire to feel better than someone else and to make sure they know it.

I am not saying anyone here is confident or arrogant, but it is an important distinction; and it feels more real, or more true, at least to me to have confidence instead of arrogance.

The person I quoted (or maybe it was someone else) just reminded me about that confidence vs arrogance, this isn't meant to be just directed at him. :)

LikeABosh
08-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Quite frankly, I'm sick of all this gay ****. Keep it to yourselves, nobody cares.

broboma2012
08-09-2015, 02:15 PM

Funny how internet message boards are filled with 'genius' minds, 4.4 40's, 400 lb bench presses, and 10 inch cocks

How many people has organized religion harmed, in the name of coping?
please see:

inb4 some phaggot brings up the crusades or other horrific atrocities carried out by the church. guess what? any organization of large numbers of humans have the same such examples. the atrocities in the name of science at the very least equal that of the religion. the atomic bomb, the japanese and nazi human experiments, the fuking holocaust. hell people like to shyt on religion for it's archaic opinion of homosexuality and like to ignore that until recently the official position of the DSM was that it was a mental disorder.

like i said, those criticisms of religion are not unique to that particular way humans organize themselves. Do you hate government (all forms) and science equally? when i speak of coping i am not talking about someone who justifies their insecurities and prejudices with religion. i am talking about the mother who lost a child who needed a reason so she wouldn't lose her mind, and religion gave her that reason. any time there is a system of belief that people generally have trust in, it will be used as a tool for manipulation.

IfIRuledTheMisc
08-09-2015, 02:35 PM
That's an exaggeration. If you don't believe in God, people will think you don't believe in God. Most people are not going to think you are a Satan worshiper if you are an atheist.

I'm agnostic, and if someone asks me what religion I am and I tell them that.. they always look at me like I'm some freak breh..

I try not to bring it up because I really don't care what people believe.. but people intertwine atheist and agnostic as if they're the same thing. In my experience, people don't know what agnosticism is and most older religious people think Atheists slaughter lambs or something.